PDA

View Full Version : NEW Glock MOS

GOST
3 January 2015, 07:59
Here's pics of the new MOS models G34, G35, G40 and G41.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10904427_670490046397398_3266369996115993602_o.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10917809_670490049730731_5693128256761908422_o.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10869871_670490053064064_96933497096431141_o.jpg?e fg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

GOST
3 January 2015, 08:17
Wish there was a MOS G19.

DutyUse
3 January 2015, 08:19
Wish there was a MOS G19.

Agreed

GOST
3 January 2015, 08:30
Also figured these MOS models would have taller sights:

UWone77
3 January 2015, 18:46
This is my underwhelmed face... [crazy]

No suppressor height sights...

No Glock 17 or 19 versions...

I see a very small market for these guns. Also at SHOT, I hope Glock announces:

Glock single stack 9mm

Glock .22lr pistol

CarbonScoring
3 January 2015, 19:06
I wonder if these are to test the waters before offering other models. I can't imagine that these were real hard to develop, so I can see them making other models too.

GOST
3 January 2015, 19:47
If they make a G19 MOS I'd probably buy one.

FortTom
3 January 2015, 20:13
This is my underwhelmed face... [crazy]
I see a very small market for these guns. Also at SHOT, I hope Glock announces:

Glock single stack 9mm

Wow, how times have changed. I remember the days when everyone was clamoring for hi-cap magazines and polymer guns. Now everyone wants Glock to build single stack guns. [:)]

Gaspipeshooter
3 January 2015, 21:37
Glock single stack 9mm

I'm guessing they are getting tired of Smith & Wesson eating their lunch with the M&P Shield...I personally hate the grip angle on Glocks, but I do tend to march to the beat of my own drummer.

Stone
3 January 2015, 23:39
So what does MOS stand for?

toolboxluis00200
4 January 2015, 02:32

Money
Out of your pocket
Sucker

[BD][BD]

El Cid
4 January 2015, 04:17
Now everyone wants Glock to build single stack guns. [:)]
Not everyone. I see guns like the Shield as a waste. There's no way I'd be comfortable walking around with a 6-8 shot pistol unless it was a BUG. It's really not that difficult to conceal a G19 or even G26 for that matter.

Statically a person is probably fine with a 6-8 shot gun but bad guys travel in packs more than ever these days. Most people will miss 75% of their shots. And most people are too lazy or ignorant to carry a spare magazine.

Think I read somewhere it's Multiple Optic System. I am all over the G40 - though I'd prefer a non-MOS version. I had been researching a custom 10mm longslide for a woods gun but now I'll be able to get one with a warranty for a lot less money. I just need to wait for Lipsey's to do a run in OD or Dark Earth.

Dark1
4 January 2015, 05:22
Not everyone. I see guns like the Shield as a waste. There's no way I'd be comfortable walking around with a 6-8 shot pistol unless it was a BUG. It's really not that difficult to conceal a G19 or even G26 for that matter.

Statically a person is probably fine with a 6-8 shot gun but bad guys travel in packs more than ever these days. Most people will miss 75% of their shots. And most people are too lazy or ignorant to carry a spare magazine
rth.

I disagree with you there I carry either a 1911 (8+1) with 2 spar mags a Sig 245 (6+1) with 2 spare mags or my XDS-S (5+1) with 2 , 7 round back up mags and have never felt under gunned.
If you are going somewhere you will need more ammo than that #1 shouldn't be alone and #2 should have something bigger than a hand gun.
Remember as a civilian your hand gun is to be used to break contact you don't want to stick around and have a fire fight.
You use your gun to get out of dodge and if they keep following you that is why you have a long gun (SBR or AR/AK pistil in your vehicle) you get your long gun and then stand your ground.

voodoo_man
4 January 2015, 05:27
Oem glock 22lr would be best thing ever.

I mean single stack is kinda cool, but meh.

G19/G17 should be target base for everything new.

El Cid
4 January 2015, 07:35
I disagree with you there I carry either a 1911 (8+1) with 2 spar mags a Sig 245 (6+1) with 2 spare mags or my XDS-S (5+1) with 2 , 7 round back up mags and have never felt under gunned.
If you are going somewhere you will need more ammo than that #1 shouldn't be alone and #2 should have something bigger than a hand gun.
Remember as a civilian your hand gun is to be used to break contact you don't want to stick around and have a fire fight.
You use your gun to get out of dodge and if they keep following you that is why you have a long gun (SBR or AR/AK pistil in your vehicle) you get your long gun and then stand your ground.

Well I'm a LEO, not a private citizen (hate the term civilian the way it's used by so many in LE - anyone not military is a civilian). And I'm well versed on tactics and how/when to employ small arms. If you feel good carrying a single stack pistol, more power to you. That's your right. Just like its my right to believe that's not a good idea. Anywhere you can conceal a 1911 or similar weapon you can hide a G17 or G19. I don't see the trigger of a 1911 as enough of a benefit to outweigh the Glock having more ammunition. Statistically your choice will probably be adequate. I'm not willing to bet my life or that of my loved ones on statistics.

At least you carry spare magazines. I've lost count of how many colleagues are content with a subcompact or 1911 with no extra mags.

UWone77
4 January 2015, 10:16
I like to carry a Glock 19 daily.

However, sometimes, due to wardrobe, I like to have a single stack option, so I also carry a Kahr CW9. I don't think single stacks are the end all be all in the CCW world. However, if I got into a situation off-duty where I needed to draw my weapon, it's not going to be because I'm looking for a sustained gunfight. I'm looking to get the hell out of dodge so I can call 911.

To me there is no perfect carry gun, they are all somewhat of a compromise to me.

DutyUse
4 January 2015, 12:52

I was this guy for years. I religiously carried my g26 with a 19 backup mag. Then the wife wanted to buy a g42 and i thought hmm cute, good for her. Then it happened… Went to the gas station and instead of doing the holster in the pants dance I threw the 42 in my pocket… long story short g26 is long gone now.

Thompson
4 January 2015, 16:06
Also at SHOT, I hope Glock announces:

Glock single stack 9mm
... I was reading somewhere a few hours ago that Glock is planning on releasing a single stack 9mm. However, not sure if it will be at SHOT.

tact
4 January 2015, 18:48
I still don't get this single stack palooza love affair that seems to be the new craze.......even after reading some of the comments...Just different philosophies I guess. With respect to Glock's late and half hearted attempt to jump on the RDS bandwagon, I'd rather have someone else do the work.

Dark1
4 January 2015, 21:26
I still don't get this single stack palooza love affair that seems to be the new craze.......even after reading some of the comments...Just different philosophies I guess. With respect to Glock's late and half hearted attempt to jump on the RDS bandwagon, I'd rather have someone else do the work.

Eh it is all about being able to be comfortable while carrying at one time to carry in shorts and a T-shirt you had to carry a .380 or a .38 snubby. Now you can carry .45s from Springfeild and Kar. 49s from S&W Kar and Ruger, or 9mms from all 4 of them a lot nicer than being stuck with a .380 just because you don't want to ware long pants.

DutyUse
4 January 2015, 21:39
Surprisingly I never had a problem hiding the G26 in shorts and Tshirt via appendix rig. Just uncomfortable when sitting, driving or bending over - had a constant bruise from it actually.

Pocket Rigs are just convenient bc the likely hood of actually needing to pull that piece is about .0001%. So I'd rather take the added comfort over rounds for day to day errands.

toolboxluis00200
4 January 2015, 22:53
to be honest i prefer to carry a G19 whit 2 extra mags
than a single stack
but i can see that as a back up gun

UWone77
5 January 2015, 22:36
to be honest i prefer to carry a G19 whit 2 extra mags
than a single stack
but i can see that as a back up gun

You guys that carry a gun, several extra magazines, knives, EDC tools, wallet, phone, keys, ect... who carrys a man purse? Be honest.

DutyUse
5 January 2015, 22:49
I guess my mental scenario of having to use my firearm is much different then some others...

The likely hood of needing one is less then 1/10 of 1%. So needing one AND needing more then 13 rounds just doesn't seem plausible to me. I just wouldn't put myself in a situation like that...

UWone77
5 January 2015, 22:54
I guess my mental scenario of having to use my firearm is much different then some others...

The likely hood of needing one is less then 1/10 of 1%. So needing one AND needing more then 13 rounds just doesn't seem plausible to me. I just wouldn't put myself in a situation like that...

That's my mentality. I'm going to get out of there to call the police. Not looking to engage a dozen bad guys at a Christmas party at Nakatomi Towers.

DutyUse
5 January 2015, 23:00
That's my mentality. I'm going to get out of there to call the police. Not looking to engage a dozen bad guys at a Christmas party at Nakatomi Towers.

Agreed. Sometimes unfortunately I think forum guys kinda build and build on each other's worst case scenarios until it's "OMG your not carrying a G20 and 3 spares?! What if you get assaulted by a gang of hoodie ninjas?!?"

DutyUse
5 January 2015, 23:03
Guaranteed I'm better armed with my little g42 and 13 rnds of Leigh then 98% of Americans... If I can't handle the situation with that, then I need to rethink why I'm there in the first place..

toolboxluis00200
5 January 2015, 23:26
You guys that carry a gun, several extra magazines, knives, EDC tools, wallet, phone, keys, ect... who carrys a man purse? Be honest.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x151/toolboxluis/oldschool1of1-19_zpsfcaa6975.jpg (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/toolboxluis/media/oldschool1of1-19_zpsfcaa6975.jpg.html)

DutyUse
5 January 2015, 23:32
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x151/toolboxluis/oldschool1of1-19_zpsfcaa6975.jpg (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/toolboxluis/media/oldschool1of1-19_zpsfcaa6975.jpg.html)

Guarantee you don't have kids Luis. BC if so your system would be paired WAY down. To many diaper bags and crap to carry to also have to worry about my firearm. After wearing the G26 EVERY frickin day for 2.5 years I just wanna throw the 42 in my pocket, check that off the list and forget about it lol...

Gaspipeshooter
6 January 2015, 05:17

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7496/16210330995_69980f192f_b.jpg

Aberration79
6 January 2015, 05:39
Back in the days of revolvers, it was more than enough. You are simply looking at it from an LEO perspective where you are not looking to break contact. (thanks for hating the use of civilians, it really gets on my nerves).

These new MOS's... meh. People have already been doing it for a decade now. I guess its nice to FINALLY see the factory catch up. But like UW pointed out, no raised sights? WTF. Maybe they figured raised plastic sights would break to easy. I guess it depends on the price.

CarbonScoring
6 January 2015, 05:46
But like UW pointed out, no raised sights? WTF. Maybe they figured raised plastic sights would break to easy.

My guess is they know their sights are crap and figure everyone will change them anyway.

toolboxluis00200
6 January 2015, 06:51

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3632959/diehard-yippie.gif

toolboxluis00200
6 January 2015, 06:54
Guarantee you don't have kids Luis. BC if so your system would be paired WAY down. To many diaper bags and crap to carry to also have to worry about my firearm. After wearing the G26 EVERY frickin day for 2.5 years I just wanna throw the 42 in my pocket, check that off the list and forget about it lol...

yep no kids

Thompson
7 January 2015, 10:49
My guess is they know their sights are crap and figure everyone will change them anyway.
Just guessing, it could be a matter of economics, it might raise the cost. But plastic sights be plastic sights, not sure how much more would raised plastic sights be.

Deadwing
8 January 2015, 03:53

Suppressor height or not, Glock sights are complete crap. The first thing i do to new Glocks are to replace the sights with 10-8 sights. The only factory sights i have on any of my Glocks are a set of tritium night sights on a G19, and when they stop glowing they too will be replaced with 10-8 sights.

What i really wish Glock would introduce is a frame with the Gen 4 texture and no finger grooves on the grip. My big meat hooks and Glock finger grooves don't get along well, especially on the G19.

browcs
8 January 2015, 16:45
A new 10mm? Sign me up!