PDA

View Full Version : HIPERFIRE EDT (Enhanced Duty Trigger)

GOST
6 January 2015, 10:59
Coming Soon for $89.00

http://www.hiperfire.com/images/detailed/0/HPT_EDT_0.jpg

Specifications

Drop-In "AR15" Fire-Control
Enhanced Duty Trigger
2 User-Adjustable Trigger Weights of 4˝+ and 5˝+ lbs, Medium-Heavy, Heavy
Single Stage, Semi-Auto
For Standard Lower Receivers Using Small Pins of 0.154-inch Diameter
"Hint" of Creep, Slightly Shorter Travel to Break from Moment of Reset
Clean Brake, Best-In-Class Fast/Positive Reset
25% to 50% Faster Hammer Lock-Up, MIL-spec Strike Energy
Heat-Treated Alloy Steels
Installs without Removal of the Safety Selector
US Patent Pending
Made Entirely in the USA by Americans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a8ZMUpaYp8M

http://www.hiperfire.com/hipertouchedt.html

Uffdaphil
6 January 2015, 12:00
I like the 4.5 lb weight option. Looks like a decent alternative to a QMS or ACT at a tempting price point. I picked up a couple G2S triggers on Black Friday for my new SS builds and they feel great, but would love to save some $$$ on defense guns.

CK 187
6 January 2015, 12:04
Do want

Pyzik
6 January 2015, 12:13
I must need to try out one of these nicer triggers. I just don't see what they offer for the price increase.

I polished my Colt FCG, threw in JP springs for like $12 and it's a world of difference from what it was.
(EDIT to say this is for a defense carbine. I understand what a great trigger can do for long distance or match shooting.)

Ride4frnt
6 January 2015, 15:09
I must need to try out one of these nicer triggers. I just don't see what they offer for the price increase.

I polished my Colt FCG, threw in JP springs for like $12 and it's a world of difference from what it was.
(EDIT to say this is for a defense carbine. I understand what a great trigger can do for long distance or match shooting.)

Dude, you don't know what you're missing. I thought the same. I have one milspec, one act, then I broke the bank on a Geissele and it is freaking amazing. The cmc I just put in the SBR is on par with the Geissele in my opinion, but for a different application.

GOST
6 January 2015, 16:27
Dude, you don't know what you're missing. I thought the same. I have one milspec, one act, then I broke the bank on a Geissele and it is freaking amazing. The cmc I just put in the SBR is on par with the Geissele in my opinion, but for a different application.

I agree with Ride, I like the Geissele flat bow triggers. My SD3G is my favorite.

DutyUse
6 January 2015, 21:06
I'm the saddest trigger story here… long long ago in a land far away I use to think the rock river 2 stage was da' bomb (it was so long ago ppl were still saying that)… my eyes are wide open now though ;)

If they can keep it under an 80$ package they may have a winner...Gonna be tough to come in at ALG' price point/value ratio though, especially when they first launch.

mustangfreek
7 January 2015, 01:59
Heard about these a month or 2 ago and the price point looks good..Interested to hear some feedback on these when they hit the market..

GOST
7 January 2015, 03:28
These may do well. Looks like they are going after the same customer as ALG. The lightweight hammer and variable springs are something different than the ALG. Will be interesting to see how much travel these have and how fast they reset.

Dave Timm
8 January 2015, 08:37
Hi Guys,

I know I am new here but I have some experience with this trigger. Currently up to about 700 rounds with no issues. Trigger is a very nice, single stage duty trigger. I also made a review where I go into details about the trigger, installation, and shooting. At the time of video I had 300+ rounds. I plan on doing an update video after a couple of carbine classes etc.

I hope you enjoy, sit back and grab a beverage, I talk a lot :-)

Best regards,
Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K97LVsNeWT4

GOST
8 January 2015, 11:11
Very nice review Dave, thanks for sharing.

Ride4frnt
8 January 2015, 11:41
Hi Guys,

I know I am new here but I have some experience with this trigger. Currently up to about 700 rounds with no issues. Trigger is a very nice, single stage duty trigger. I also made a review where I go into details about the trigger, installation, and shooting. At the time of video I had 300+ rounds. I plan on doing an update video after a couple of carbine classes etc.

I hope you enjoy, sit back and grab a beverage, I talk a lot :-)

Best regards,
Dave

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K97LVsNeWT4

Very nice Dave! You'll fit in in here just fine! Keep the reviews coming!

Dave Timm
8 January 2015, 18:36
Thanks for feedback guys, more stuff in the works.

GOST
8 January 2015, 18:46
Dave do you own a shop or just do reviews?

Dave Timm
8 January 2015, 19:29
I'm not sure what happened to my post, I tried to edit the link to embed the video and now it says invalid link. Here is the video review.

We are mainly a training company, offering our own courses as well as hosting the big names. Last year we started doing sales of gear and staple items. We now have our FFL and offer gunsmith and armorer servics as our area had a need for that. We have a small shop which is where we film our videos. Mainly a work shop and man cave.

http://youtu.be/K97LVsNeWT4

GOST
8 January 2015, 20:11
Dave the link still worked for me.

Dave Timm
8 January 2015, 20:30
Ok cool, do you know how to embed it in the post. I am trying to figure that out so its not just a link but the player.

UWone77
10 January 2015, 00:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K97LVsNeWT4

UWone77
10 January 2015, 00:22
Unfortunately, the embedded coding on this forum has been a pain as of late.

You have to do it using the embed code for the video.

Dave Timm
12 January 2015, 19:52
Unfortunately, the embedded coding on this forum has been a pain as of late.

You have to do it using the embed code for the video.

Thanks, I'll have to watch a video to learn how to do that :-) How did you find the embed code, when I click for that code I get this code that starts with iframe, doesn't look like the code you have.

Deadwing
14 January 2015, 02:18
Looks like a decent option at a relatively low price. But it'll have to be awful good to get me away from Geissele triggers, or even ALG for that matter.

UWone77
14 January 2015, 12:58
Thanks, I'll have to watch a video to learn how to do that :-) How did you find the embed code, when I click for that code I get this code that starts with iframe, doesn't look like the code you have.

Dave here's the format:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xxxx

where you see "vid" make sure you type out "video" I shortened it, so it wouldn't display a video on this post.

xxxx = replace that with the embeded code. For example, your Hiperfire embed code is: K97LVsNeWT4

Dave Timm
15 January 2015, 06:28
Looks like a decent option at a relatively low price. But it'll have to be awful good to get me away from Geissele triggers, or even ALG for that matter.

It really has been impressing me, it's simple and works. I have several geissele and alg triggers and they are all great products as well. I actually liked the QMS better than the ACT, when comparing to those I like the EDT better. But the QMS is still a grear trigger for $40 or so. I also tried the EDT with my 545 upper, no issues with surplus ammo. The G2S has been a go to as well for working guns, between the two I guess you'd have to ask yourself if you prefer a single or double stage trigger. I didn't really like two stage triggers until I started running Geissele stuff. I still lean towards single stage but appreciate a nice two stage.

Another thing I really like about the EDT and all of hiperfires for that matter is they don't use set screws or adjustments. I've used JP EZ triggers since they came out and really liked them. However I didn't care for using lighter springs to get trigger weights and set screws that can back out.

Eric
15 January 2015, 08:31
I've cut way back on buying new gear, but this my attention and might pry the credit card out of my wallet.

Hmac
15 January 2015, 09:35
FWIW, I'll vouch for Dave's credentials. He's an exceptionally talented instructor as well as gun plumber and 3-gunner. I've shot with him, shot against him, and he's been my primary instructor and general guru for years, carbine, pistol, and shotgun. His natural modesty has led him to leave a lot of his credentials out.

He's arranged courses here locally with Larry Vickers, Louis Awerbuck, and Jeff Gonzales. Larry's coming back this summer as well as Dave Spaulding. He's certainly an asset to our local shooting community and I have no doubt he'll be an asset to this online community as well.

UWone77
15 January 2015, 16:30
Dave is that you in the video?

If so, very well done in your presentation and explanation of how the trigger works.

Like Eric mentioned, I've been cutting back myself, but that trigger looks like a winner, especially at that price point.

Deadwing
16 January 2015, 00:22
It really has been impressing me, it's simple and works. I have several geissele and alg triggers and they are all great products as well. I actually liked the QMS better than the ACT, when comparing to those I like the EDT better. But the QMS is still a grear trigger for $40 or so. I also tried the EDT with my 545 upper, no issues with surplus ammo. The G2S has been a go to as well for working guns, between the two I guess you'd have to ask yourself if you prefer a single or double stage trigger. I didn't really like two stage triggers until I started running Geissele stuff. I still lean towards single stage but appreciate a nice two stage.

Another thing I really like about the EDT and all of hiperfires for that matter is they don't use set screws or adjustments. I've used JP EZ triggers since they came out and really liked them. However I didn't care for using lighter springs to get trigger weights and set screws that can back out.

For the money, the QMS is tough to beat. And i also prefer it to the ACT. We seem to be on the same page, as the G2S has become my go to trigger, unless i can find a screaming deal on an SSA. One of the things i love about Geissele triggers are their simplicity (no set screws, etc.) and their bomb-proof construction, and the resulting excellent reliability. Although I've come to prefer the two stage triggers, i still like and use good single stage milspec triggers, such as the QMS, in budget builds. The EDT sounds like a winner, and a very well thought out and designed piece. I think i just talked myself into trying one out (with a little help from you, of course). :P

Dave Timm
17 January 2015, 01:49
FWIW, I'll vouch for Dave's credentials. He's an exceptionally talented instructor as well as gun plumber and 3-gunner. I've shot with him, shot against him, and he's been my primary instructor and general guru for years, carbine, pistol, and shotgun. His natural modesty has led him to leave a lot of his credentials out.

He's arranged courses here locally with Larry Vickers, Louis Awerbuck, and Jeff Gonzales. Larry's coming back this summer as well as Dave Spaulding. He's certainly an asset to our local shooting community and I have no doubt he'll be an asset to this online community as well.

Thank you Hmac for your feedback, it is sincerely appreciated and I'm humbled by it.

Dave is that you in the video?

If so, very well done in your presentation and explanation of how the trigger works.

Like Eric mentioned, I've been cutting back myself, but that trigger looks like a winner, especially at that price point.

Thank you, yup that is my ugly mug. I've been told I have a face for radio ha ha.

For the money, the QMS is tough to beat. And i also prefer it to the ACT. We seem to be on the same page, as the G2S has become my go to trigger, unless i can find a screaming deal on an SSA. One of the things i love about Geissele triggers are their simplicity (no set screws, etc.) and their bomb-proof construction, and the resulting excellent reliability. Although I've come to prefer the two stage triggers, i still like and use good single stage milspec triggers, such as the QMS, in budget builds. The EDT sounds like a winner, and a very well thought out and designed piece. I think i just talked myself into trying one out (with a little help from you, of course). :P

It does sound like we agree, my first AR 2 stage was a RRA way back when and it was meh, then Geissele hit the market bringing a product that was really needed. I really like both companies, and I think both compliment each other in the difference items they offer. What I really appreciate about both from a duty perspective is no set screws, no Loctite needed and full or extra power springs. I still really like my QMS triggers and for the money by far nicest trigger, bang for the buck. I will be adding more EDT trigger in the future, I also really was impressed by how consistent they perform.

Thanks again everyone!! Glad to be a part of the community

GOST
29 January 2015, 09:28
$84.55

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Hiperfire_AR15_Hipertouch_EDT_Enhanced_Duty_Trigge _p/hf-edt.htm

Slippers
29 January 2015, 10:03
Got to feel the duty version at SHOT on their little simulator rigs. There were two on the table with different color springs, and one felt lighter than the other. Guy behind the table said they were the same, but they definitely didn't feel like it to me.

Otherwise the trigger felt good. Pretty crisp. I'm not a single stage fan, but I wouldn't mind using one if it's reliable in the long term.

mustangfreek
29 January 2015, 15:55
Got to feel the duty version at SHOT on their little simulator rigs. There were two on the table with different color springs, and one felt lighter than the other. Guy behind the table said they were the same, but they definitely didn't feel like it to me..

Might of been why they felt different to you..copied from joebobs description.......Im interested in hearing how these do..anyways, copied and pasted

" The HIPERTOUCH® name is short for HIgh PERformance TOUCH and EDT for Enhanced Duty Trigger with user adjustable trigger weights of 4˝+ and 5˝+ lbs. "

Slippers
29 January 2015, 16:35
So they probably did have different springs. The owner of the company was present too but he was kind of disinterested. Probably tired by the end of the day from explaining the same details over and over.

Dave Timm
30 January 2015, 21:57
As stated the different colored springs provide a different weight. Green 4.5 lbs and red 5.5 lbs. Mine is still going strong, planning on running it all year through a few classes and training. It's earned enough trust with me this far that Id carry it on duty.

UWone77
30 January 2015, 23:30
Dave, based on your review, I definitely plan to purchase one of these triggers for duty-type setup. I like how my Hipefire trigger has treated me so far, so I expect nothing less from the 1 stage. The price is definitely right too, and I expect the street price to make this even more attractive.

Naytwan
31 January 2015, 00:27
I have several SSA triggers and 1 SSA-E. I may have to add one of these to my collection to compare them. Seems interesting.

RaceBannon42
9 March 2015, 11:50
Dave, your review convinced me to order one.

JHoward
9 March 2015, 12:51
So, how many have tried this next to an ACT? What about next to a good milspec with the JP yellow springs?

GOST
9 March 2015, 13:37
Dave, your review convinced me to order one.

Let us know what you think of it.

Dave Timm
11 March 2015, 12:19
So, how many have tried this next to an ACT? What about next to a good milspec with the JP yellow springs?

I really like the act and QMS, they really are nice triggers too. If money is a consideration the QMS is probably the "best buy" for triggers. I've also used the JP springs but they are weaker springs. What I like about the EDT is that they use extra power springs compared to mil spec and the hammer force and lock up time are improved. Additionally the enhancements made to the trigger for crud and debris are nice additions too. Mine is still going strong and I have a couple more. I plan on doing an update on the review after a vickers carbine course this summer.

RaceBannon42,
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks, Dave

morpheus
22 April 2015, 08:53
I think I have to order this trigger

GOST
22 April 2015, 09:29
I think I have to order this trigger

Cool, let us know what you think of it.

UWone77
22 April 2015, 09:40
If you guys watch Dave Timm's review on the trigger, it's pretty spot on. Clean break, minimal over travel and creep. I really like the trigger so far, and bought a second. For the money (you can find them less than MSRP) it's light years "better" than a milspec trigger or a QMS. However, "better" is always subjective.

Eric
22 April 2015, 13:25
Any scoop of who has a deal on these? Rainier is out of stock.

Slippers
22 April 2015, 13:50

My Brownells price is $82.64 on the enhanced duty model.

UWone77
22 April 2015, 14:07

If you want to wait for the next shipment, I'll make sure you get a deal on one.

Eric
22 April 2015, 14:09
If you want to wait for the next shipment, I'll make sure you get a deal on one.
Done!

Pyzik
22 April 2015, 14:26

Done!
Hmm

UWone77
22 April 2015, 14:34
Hmm

I see you're feeling left out Dave...

Pyzik
22 April 2015, 14:56
I see you're feeling left out Dave...
Hahaha, just planning to keep my eyes out.

UWone77
22 April 2015, 14:59
Hahaha, just planning to keep my eyes out.

I'll see what we can do. This is seriously a nice trigger for the money. It's certainly not a replacement for a Geissele SSA or a CMC, but those on a budget, this is a good compromise over a milspec or QMS.

Pyzik
22 April 2015, 15:02
I'll see what we can do. This is seriously a nice trigger for the money. It's certainly not a replacement for a Geissele SSA or a CMC, but those on a budget, this is a good compromise over a milspec or QMS.
That that's me. On a budget.
I've just been keeping my eye out for something for lower needed for this Troy.

mustangfreek
23 April 2015, 01:36

Stop it,..lol...all i have tried is a crappy milspec and a few QMS's..For the budget minded this looks great, and so far sounds like a good deal...WEVO ginger is off to panhandle for gas, mac and cheese , and EDT money...lol....

Deadwing
23 April 2015, 02:15
Stop it,..lol...all i have tried is a crappy milspec and a few QMS's..For the budget minded this looks great, and so far sounds like a good deal...WEVO ginger is off to panhandle for gas, mac and cheese , and EDT money...lol....

You probably won't get much business panhandling at this hour. I'd wait for the morning rush hour to go out panhandling. Or better yet, sleep in and catch the afternoon rush hour. [BD]

Dave Timm
23 April 2015, 07:54
If you guys watch Dave Timm's review on the trigger, it's pretty spot on. Clean break, minimal over travel and creep. I really like the trigger so far, and bought a second. For the money (you can find them less than MSRP) it's light years "better" than a milspec trigger or a QMS. However, "better" is always subjective.

I'm glad to hear you are liking the triggers. They are an impressive unit especially for the money. If anyone is interested I'm giving one away. Not sure if that's ok to post about. If not, let me know and I will delete this post.

Thanks, Dave

Deadwing
24 April 2015, 01:04
I'm glad to hear you are liking the triggers. They are an impressive unit especially for the money. If anyone is interested I'm giving one away. Not sure if that's ok to post about. If not, let me know and I will delete this post.

Thanks, Dave

You're giving one away?! I'll take it! :P

Eric
24 April 2015, 02:51

Thanks, Dave
Post away!

Dave Timm
24 April 2015, 13:07
All of the details can be found in this video:

https://www.full30.com/video/531fb3f5c8e7ee360d8c16e231035db4

We are 20 subscribers away from 1000. In order to enter you have to have a full30 account and leave your entry number in the comment section of the above video. Best of luck!

Thanks, Dave

UWone77
24 April 2015, 14:53
All of the details can be found in this video:

https://www.full30.com/video/531fb3f5c8e7ee360d8c16e231035db4

We are 20 subscribers away from 1000. In order to enter you have to have a full30 account and leave your entry number in the comment section of the above video. Best of luck!

Thanks, Dave

Feel free to start your own thread to gain more traction Dave. Good luck hitting 1000!

Eric
11 May 2015, 00:07
Back to the EDT topic... [:D]
I've got one installed now with a couple hundred rounds on it. I'll write something up after I spend some more time with it. One gripe though is the way the disconnector spring sits in the disconnector. With a standard trigger the spring seats and stays put. Not so with the EDT. It has the potential to move around during the installation and I have no idea what they were thinking by changing that.

GOST
11 May 2015, 02:11
Eric once it's installed does it still have any potential for the spring to move?

JHoward
11 May 2015, 08:08
I'm still waiting on my EDT. I paid, but there ended up being a problem with the vendor's shipment or something. UW, you have a deal on them?

UWone77
11 May 2015, 08:36
I'm still waiting on my EDT. I paid, but there ended up being a problem with the vendor's shipment or something. UW, you have a deal on them?

I just saved Eric a few bucks going through Rainier, there's really no "deal" on them per se.

RaceBannon42
11 May 2015, 09:54
I installed one on my M&P 15 Sport, and I'm loving it. Smooth pull crisp break and virtually no creep.

Eric
11 May 2015, 16:48
Eric once it's installed does it still have any potential for the spring to move? It's hard to tell. The spring compression is fairly linear once installed, but it still makes no sense to me to not have the spring supported like in standard USGI type configuration.

GOST
11 May 2015, 20:23
Does seem a little strange. I'll be waiting to hear what you think of it after some use.

Dave Timm
11 May 2015, 21:50
So far my triggers are still going strong, I also got my crew triggers as well with no issues reported. I plan on doing a follow up review this fall. After the classes and training this summer I'm guessing one unit will have 4-5000 rounds on it. I also plan on using one in a loaner gun to get more rounds on it as well. Part of the cut in trigger is for debris and grit. I agree removing some of that material makes assembly annoying. I like the design overall and so far it's not been an issue after installation.

Eric
12 May 2015, 06:00
I agree removing some of that material makes assembly annoying. The short slave pin from the ALG Defense QMS or ACT makes it a snap.

Dave Timm
12 May 2015, 07:56
The short slave pin from the ALG Defense QMS or ACT makes it a snap.

Great idea!

UWone77
14 September 2015, 08:11
Dave, any chance you're getting your hands on the EDT2? I haven't looked up the differences between the EDT and EDT2, so being as lazy as I am, hoping you'd cover that.

Eric
14 September 2015, 09:34
It looks like the EDT2 uses a full profile hammer (full width with tail section) for more striking force. They advertise reliable ignition with .223/5.56 NATO, 300 BLK, .308/7.62 NATO.

SwissyJim
14 September 2015, 17:40
well, lo and behold...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/165145882/shooting/EDT2.jpg

Just happened to get one from my crack dealer (cerakoter) friend to try out

din
14 September 2015, 17:52
Jim,

photo isn't working.