8 January 2015, 08:55
I want my 37 seconds back.

Gaspipeshooter
8 January 2015, 09:48
I love how he muzzles the entire audience...[crazy]

nCarnage
8 January 2015, 09:52
I love how he muzzles the entire audience...[crazy]

Description says it was airsoft rifle. But thought the same thing when I saw it the first time.

KW900A
8 January 2015, 09:57
Thank you for that. Now I have to go clean up coffee

CK 187
8 January 2015, 09:58
Was that Costa or some sort of Nickelback show [:D]

VIPER 237
8 January 2015, 10:23
#costagate

Pyzik
8 January 2015, 10:42
This is spreading like wildfire. Hahahaha.

This was some sort of Airsoft convention in Japan.

I can't decide if it makes him a huge douche or awesome that he is giving them what they want even if it makes him look like a douche....

voodoo_man
8 January 2015, 10:48
Seriously....wtf....

GOST
8 January 2015, 11:14
I saw this earlier and it was one of those moments where you're like this is to funny, it can't be real.

KW900A
8 January 2015, 11:58
Kinda made me think of the part in the movie SWAT when Samuel L Jackson said 'rolling is for John woo movies'

Gaspipeshooter
8 January 2015, 12:08
Not bad for a Coastie...

Computalotapus
8 January 2015, 13:52
Meh. He is getting paid and to be honest this is about as real as it gets for the people in Japan. Airsoft is the closest thing they will get to a firearm.

GaSwamper
8 January 2015, 14:36
Well I guess we all gotta get us a " signature stance now".

FortTom
8 January 2015, 14:41
I think selling out his integrity for $$ in Japan, will leave his integrity jar empty, and cost him more in the U.S. I've suspected for a long time, that he was actually living over his head, mired in hype and, well, just what he displayed himself as. His fan boy's remind me of teeny bob 13 year old girls at a Justin Bieber concert.[wow]

KW900A
8 January 2015, 14:45
Well I guess we all gotta get us a " signature stance now".

I predict a new thread...

GaSwamper
8 January 2015, 14:47
I think selling out his integrity for $$ in Japan, will leave his integrity jar empty, and cost him more in the U.S. I've suspected for a long time, that he was actually living over his head, mired in hype and, well, just what he displayed himself as. His fan boy's remind me of teeny bob 13 year old girls at a Justin Bieber concert.[wow]
Exactly. And it was bad enough but when he hit the deck whatever cool points he may of had were instantly deducted.

gatordev
8 January 2015, 15:00

Talking with guys that know/worked with him, this is right along the lines of what he wanted... True celebrity status. The action figure is totally on plan.

FortTom
8 January 2015, 18:33
Talking with guys that know/worked with him, this is right along the lines of what he wanted... True celebrity status. The action figure is totally on plan.

He'll start a whole new genre of movies based on the old 70's Kung Fu movies. Gun Fu. May even revive the old song "everybody was Kung Fu fighting" - change the words to "Gun Fu " fighting. 1.5 hrs, of choreographed "Gun Fu Fighting". Yes, action figures, lunch boxes, photo's of himself showing up for training classes in a (rented) Limo. Kids in school facing off in an endless stream of Gun Fu Fighting stances.[bash]

alamo5000
8 January 2015, 19:12
Twenty bucks says he winds up in a Japanese cartoon or some kind of video game from over there.

FortTom
8 January 2015, 20:07
Twenty bucks says he winds up in a Japanese cartoon or some kind of video game from over there. Yep, with the background theme song being a Japanese version of AC/DC's
"Shoot to Thrill"- complete with Japanese translated lyrics.[:D]

GaSwamper
8 January 2015, 20:33
Twenty bucks says he winds up in a Japanese cartoon or some kind of video game from over there.

While over here he can do massengill commercials. :o

alamo5000
8 January 2015, 21:07
I may sound stupid asking this... but I have never heard of this guy until I came to WEVO. I have no idea why he's 'famous'. Did he win some shooting competitions or something? Seriously, what gives?

toolboxluis00200
9 January 2015, 01:05
got to pay the bills some how

toolboxluis00200
9 January 2015, 01:10
I may sound stupid asking this... but I have never heard of this guy until I came to WEVO. I have no idea why he's 'famous'. Did he win some shooting competitions or something? Seriously, what gives?

Chris Costa spent years as the President of Magpul Dynamics. Before founding Magpul Dynamics, Costa spent 7 years in the private sector at Applied Marine Technologies Inc. on assignment with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Risk Management Division (RMD). At AMTI, Costa specialized in teaching Police Tactical Assault Operations for both Maritime and Critical Infrastructure take-back. Costa also provided Red Team Vulnerability Assessments on critical infrastructures for the US Government.

Prior to this, Costa spent 12 years with the United States Coast Guard, conducting counter-drug operations and special missions in Europe, the Middle East, and South America with such units as; the International Training Division (ITD), Maritime Law Enforcement Academy, Plank-Owner of Port Security Unit 302 and the Taclet Law Enforcement Team North.

Eric
9 January 2015, 04:12
Seriously....wtf....
This.

CK 187
9 January 2015, 04:59
He'll start a whole new genre of movies based on the old 70's Kung Fu movies. Gun Fu. May even revive the old song "everybody was Kung Fu fighting" - change the words to "Gun Fu " fighting. 1.5 hrs, of choreographed "Gun Fu Fighting". Yes, action figures, lunch boxes, photo's of himself showing up for training classes in a (rented) Limo. Kids in school facing off in an endless stream of Gun Fu Fighting stances.[bash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Vl67brJjM

CK 187
9 January 2015, 05:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBeWlnqBlI

GOST
9 January 2015, 05:23

http://youtu.be/9LsVWYS0mp4

Computalotapus
9 January 2015, 06:04
I get that most people don't like the dude I could care less one way or the other and the only videos of him I have ever seen are the ones that came with my Magpul M&P 15. With his resume I am pretty sure he isn't teaching the catwalk stuff to his field classes. The man is making a living for him and his family and I bet he doesn't care who calls him a douche or not because he is sought out by companies in the industry for design input, tactics training, and apparently modeling air soft equipment. Good for him. I personally won't pay for one of his classes but if I was offered a spot I wouldn't pass it up. Some of his positions are not something I ever see myself doing but I am sure each and everyone of the people in the forum would walk away from his class learning something, and that goes for all the top instructors in the industry. Not everything they do will work for me or you but at the end of the day you walk away learning something.

I am happy for anyone that can make a living in this day and time doing something they really enjoy.

GOST
9 January 2015, 06:12
I don't dislike Costa. I am poking a little fun at him though. He's got a good beard, may not be a ginger but a good one never the less. Actually it may be a ginger that has been dyed, as many hits as he gets we wouldn't want an outbreak of soul stealing. At least he's not known for pickles.

Former11B
9 January 2015, 06:13
Some of the techniques guys like Chris Costa teach have merit; they may speed up reloads and teach atypical shooting positions, and many other things, but when you get mall ninjas out there who don't fully know how to employ the concepts they are learning, they end up going home and looking stupid. I saw some photos of a guy showing off some of the things he learned at a very "big name" trainer's pistol employment course and he had his shoulders rolled so far forward/up that he was blocking out his peripheral vision on both sides. If that behavior was either learned or not corrected at said high dollar course, I want nothing to do with it.

CK 187
9 January 2015, 08:37
I don't dislike Costa. I am poking a little fun at him though. He's got a good beard

GREAT beard

tappedandtagged
9 January 2015, 08:46

Wow.

gatordev
9 January 2015, 15:26

Ugh. I've done multiple deployments and numerous local training evolutions with the TACLET guys (both coasts) and it just makes me chuckle when I hear folks "internet commenting" about Costa's background.

That said, at the end of the day, it's not all ridiculous, and as Comp said, you could probably still get something valuable from a session with him. I just have a feeling I'd be rolling my eyes more than once over the span of the course.

FortTom
9 January 2015, 15:34
I get that most people don't like the dude I could care less one way or the other and the only videos of him I have ever seen are the ones that came with my Magpul M&P 15. With his resume I am pretty sure he isn't teaching the catwalk stuff to his field classes. The man is making a living for him and his family and I bet he doesn't care who calls him a douche or not because he is sought out by companies in the industry for design input, tactics training, and apparently modeling air soft equipment. Good for him. I personally won't pay for one of his classes but if I was offered a spot I wouldn't pass it up. Some of his positions are not something I ever see myself doing but I am sure each and everyone of the people in the forum would walk away from his class learning something, and that goes for all the top instructors in the industry. Not everything they do will work for me or you but at the end of the day you walk away learning something.

I am happy for anyone that can make a living in this day and time doing something they really enjoy.

Comp,
I don't doubt Costa's ability to kick my ass in a gun fight, or any other kind of fight, for that matter. I'm guessing people are reacting to this, with a little disbelief, because of this "stunt".
I look at it like this. Dennis Rodman and Michael Jordan were both world class Pro Basketball players. Rodman was always acting like an ass. Doing little parades through town wearing a wedding dress, green and red hair, shooting his mouth off, out of control as far as team discipline, blowing off practice, even lately, giving a drunken rant while partying with a porky pig looking North Korean dictator. When most of the NBA had enough of Rodman's bullshit, he ended his career, calling teams and begging for a job. Although he still had the talent to play at the championship level, no takers. He had lost all credibility, and is still doing it.

Jordan, on the other hand, also one of the all time NBA greats, handled himself, except for a few anger issues on TV, as a gentleman. Years after his retirement, he is still respected, because he behaved in a way that portrayed himself as a professional, and a gentleman. He still has enough integrity, that he is highly sought after as a spokesperson for this or that, mostly Hanes, now.

What's the difference? They were both exceptionally great basketball players. Rodman, through his actions, has a perceived integrity level of about zero. Advertisers are not banging at his door to throw millions at him to associate their product with his asinine persona. More likely, they run as far and fast as they can, not to be associated with him.

Jordan, on the other hand, just as great as far as all time professional NBA players, probably has to turn folks down for their money and his time.

When Costa goes on camera, acting like some of those unbelievably stupid people I see on You Tube, doing dumbass things, supposedly to mimic a real time fire fight, he forfeits a certain amount of integrity, throughout the industry. Mall ninja's everywhere are probably in their back yards now doing all sorts of "gun fu" posing, and for a long time, for better or worse, if this video goes "viral" in the gun world, he is going to pay a penalty, as far as losing respectability and integrity, among much of the shooting world. Regardless of his credentials and past accomplishments.

Just my honest opinion,

FT[:D]

Naytwan
9 January 2015, 17:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoEtkvO2tYg

I like this version better.

Gaspipeshooter
9 January 2015, 17:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoEtkvO2tYg

I like this version better.

Awesome...

Farva
22 February 2015, 04:02
He explains a little about his trip in this video.

http://youtu.be/CVDeFYSabH0