PDA

View Full Version : AAC 51t Mount Help?

cagekicker204
9 January 2015, 07:54
I got my AAC rebate today and started looking at mounts on the website for the 762-SDN-6 that I am waiting impatiently for. Since my Form 1 came back super fast I have a KX5 on my 10.5 inch 5.56 that I was going to replace with a 51t brake that my dealer recommended. Since I got the .30 caliber can I started piecing together parts for a 300 blackout upper, my question is whether I should try the AAC Breakout 2 on the 300 and 5.56 uppers? Does it ping like I've been hearing the flash hider does? Anyone running one of these probably for now I will mostly be running the 300 blackout upper with the suppressor and maybe just leave the KX5 on the 556 upper since it works well and I have accumulated a bunch of brass and bullets for the 300.

Ride4frnt
9 January 2015, 07:57
Fwiw, I've never noticed a ping on my 51t blackout hider on my .300blk build. I'd like to try a breakout sometime.

bzdog
9 January 2015, 08:24
I don't know, but it seems less likely as the tines are shorter. OTOH, not sure why the bit of ping on the hider would be considered all that problematic anyway.

YMMV.

-john

cagekicker204
9 January 2015, 08:35
Just wondering about the ping I have never had a suppressor before and probably over researched things a bit. I have a slight bit of hearing loss anyways so I doubt ping will be an issue. My friend has a 51t brake on his 10.5 556 and I know I DO not want that, it was painful unsuppressed. Would like something for the 300 upper and figured swapping back and forth between the two there's a good chance I'll be shooting without the can occasionally. I can not stress how painful his gun was to anyone other than him, I doubt I will be able to shoot enough 556 to destroy the can with a flashider Probably going to try the Brake out 2.0 maybe one in .30 caliber and a 5.56 flash hider.

bzdog
9 January 2015, 11:30
If your worried about noise you might be better off sticking with the hider instead of the brake.

The ping is just a kind of sound signature IMO, it isn't noticeably louder that I can tell. A brake on the other hand...

-john

UWone77
9 January 2015, 13:01
Blackouts have always had a pinging when you shoot them. You won't notice it when you're shooting with a can though.

As it was mentioned before, people like to use brakes when shooting with a can as it acts as a sacrificial first baffle.

The Brakeout 2.0 is nice, as the ports don't have to be timed when installing it, but I really don't notice any better performance to the Brakeout 1.0. Lately, you can find the original brakeout on sale, so compared to a $125 Brakeout 2.0, there are deals out there.

cagekicker204
9 January 2015, 14:17
Thanks our range at work is in a little hollow and my friend has a 10.5 inch 5.56 with the brake on it shooting it wasn't bad but when we had the barricades up it was obnoxious thankfully he has the can now. I think I am going to try the breakout 1 in 556 and the Breakout 2 on the .300 blackout since I have the rebate might as well use it up in one shot I'm not much for t shirts. Not exactly a scientific test but I can compare the 2. Probably just going to end up building a second rifle this crap is addicting.

Deadwing
11 January 2015, 04:01
I went through this debate myself not too long ago (very impatiently waiting for my Form 4 to come back on a 556-SD) and decided to just go with the 51T Blackout. I've run a couple non-mount blackouts and have gotten used to the pinging. And with as stout as AAC build their rifle cans, i doubt i'd be able to shoot out the baffle stack. Plus, i got the 51T Blackout on sale for $60. Hard to beat. If AAC ever sends me my rebate, i might try a Brakeout 2.0, as it looks like a pretty good compromise between brake and flash hider.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for AAC to send your rebate?

cagekicker204
11 January 2015, 11:33
Well I called them because the link to the rebate tracker said I should receive it by January 1st however it never arrived. They gave me the code over the phone and it doesn't work. So Monday I will call back if it doesn't work tonight on the website. I filed on September 11th.

Deadwing
11 January 2015, 17:51
Well I called them because the link to the rebate tracker said I should receive it by January 1st however it never arrived. They gave me the code over the phone and it doesn't work. So Monday I will call back if it doesn't work tonight on the website. I filed on September 11th.

Well, that sucks. All the rebate track tells me is that my form was received and is being processed.

Jerry R
12 January 2015, 07:26
I'm running Blackout 51T in 5.56 and 6.8 on LWRC (16" and 10.5") and a Breakout 51T on the Colt 6920. Left ear does not work, and with earpro I've never noticed a ping with either device (suppressed or not).