PDA

View Full Version : Adding Member's Photos to Download Section

GOST
10 January 2015, 10:24
Since we have a lot of incredible photographers as members here, how would you guys like to add some of their pics as wallpapers to the download section? If there is an interest maybe we can set something up.

Jerry R
10 January 2015, 12:33
If the members in question have no problem sharing, I think it is a good idea. Some of the guys are either pro or semi-pro and may not want to share copywrited material.

GOST
10 January 2015, 13:06
I was thinking more of maybe a quarterly contest, where members not staff submit their photo entries. And the members vote for a winner. The winner then becomes a new wallpaper download.

Jerry R
10 January 2015, 13:13
I think it is a great idea. But having said that, the last time we had a photo contest - no one entered. We would need to promote it pretty well to get entries.

GOST
10 January 2015, 13:19
I think that the problem with the last one was your entries were so good it scared off other entries.[:D] Maybe the current members are more up for the challenge.

Dstrbdmedic167
10 January 2015, 13:28
it sounds like a great idea! however my photos won't compare to UW, CS, Jerry and of course stick... needs to be an amateur hour to make it fun!

GOST
10 January 2015, 13:58
it sounds like a great idea! however my photos won't compare to UW, CS, Jerry and of course stick... needs to be an amateur hour to make it fun!

I was thinking of it being a members only deal, no staff.[:D]

UWone77
10 January 2015, 14:09
Why can't people just right click the photos they like and save as?

Personally, if someone wanted a full res pic, they could PM me.

Computalotapus
10 January 2015, 14:23

Send me all your photos full res please lol

DutyUse
10 January 2015, 20:42

I've got a folder of some of my favorite Wevo builds thats getting close to 30gigs.. :D

Ooohhh me too!

mustangfreek
10 January 2015, 20:52

haha...

Deadwing
11 January 2015, 04:15
UW has a good point about right clicking, but on the other hand, photo contests are fun! I'm down. Now, to figure out how to watermark my photos...

CarbonScoring
11 January 2015, 05:03
I like the idea of a contest. What might make it more interesting is if the staff chooses a topic or theme. Limiting what can be submitted will show different interpretations.

ddearmon2010
11 January 2015, 05:57
UW has a good point about right clicking, but on the other hand, photo contests are fun! I'm down. Now, to figure out how to watermark my photos...
create an image and over lay it then change the transparency till it acts as a watermark and merge the layers

Deadwing
11 January 2015, 06:15
create an image and over lay it then change the transparency till it acts as a watermark and merge the layers

Thanks for the info. Is this something one can do using the limited editing tools found in iPhoto? For as many photos as i take, i do very little editing (mostly cropping, red eye removal, and the occasional experiment with adjusting color/tint/B&W, etc., all of which i do in iphoto). I'm a bit embarrassed to say i don't even have a basic version of PhotoShop, or any other dedicated photo editing software.

ddearmon2010
11 January 2015, 06:27
Thanks for the info. Is this something one can do using the limited editing tools found in iPhoto? For as many photos as i take, i do very little editing (mostly cropping, red eye removal, and the occasional experiment with adjusting color/tint/B&W, etc., all of which i do in iphoto). I'm a bit embarrassed to say i don't even have a basic version of PhotoShop, or any other dedicated photo editing software.
I don't know about iPhoto but I know Pixlr express can do it on my phone..... but I run 35mm SLR so I have to have them put on cd and run then across my PC.

Deadwing
11 January 2015, 06:30
I don't know about iPhoto but I know Pixlr express can do it on my phone..... but I run 35mm SLR so I have to have them put on cd and run then across my PC.

Cool. Looks like i'll be downloading that app for my phone. :)

ddearmon2010
11 January 2015, 06:32
Cool. Looks like i'll be downloading that app for my phone. :)
only the paid version allows it... I'll sees what else I can find

ddearmon2010
11 January 2015, 06:38
only the paid version allows it... I'll sees what else I can find
actually the unpaid allows it too

Deadwing
11 January 2015, 06:40
actually the unpaid allows it too

That's surprising! Usually you've got to pay to get useful features! Thanks again for your input!

DutyUse
11 January 2015, 15:13

Ha you sound like me. Lots of photos, little knowledge on how to improve them :D

Deadwing
11 January 2015, 17:36
Ha you sound like me. Lots of photos, little knowledge on how to improve them :D

lol… I'm completely lost when it comes to editing. I play with settings on my camera a lot, just experimenting. I just try and take a good photo to begin with so i don't have to mess with it after. :P

DutyUse
11 January 2015, 19:04
lol… I'm completely lost when it comes to editing. I play with settings on my camera a lot, just experimenting. I just try and take a good photo to begin with so i don't have to mess with it after. :P

See there's the difference right there, I'm using a phone for all my photos. Only camera we have is like 7 years old and probably takes worse photos then my iPhone.

I just don't have the "eye" for taking pictures. Some guys here are freaking magicians with their photos, in-fact if they would sell them my gun room would be covered in framed photos from Stickman, UW, Carbon, Voodoo, Gost etc etc etc…

GOST
11 January 2015, 19:18
See there's the difference right there, I'm using a phone for all my photos. Only camera we have is like 7 years old and probably takes worse photos then my iPhone.

I just don't have the "eye" for taking pictures. Some guys here are freaking magicians with their photos, in-fact if they would sell them my gun room would be covered in framed photos from Stickman, UW, Carbon, Voodoo, Gost etc etc etc…
I'm no photographer, all my pics are taken with my phone. My skills are get the girls ready for school before I go to work.[:D]

Deadwing
11 January 2015, 19:56

My "eye" is improving. I guess it's bound to happen if one takes enough photos. I use my phone a lot, as well as a DSLR and point and shoot digital camera. Most of my equipment is far more capable than i am. I also experiment a lot when i take pictures, with framing, focus, different angles and perspectives, etc. For every good shot i get, there are many more that are just meh, or outright suck. I'm pretty critical of my photos, and most of the people who see what i shoot are family and friend so getting honest feedback can be a challenge lol. But regardless of whether anyone else likes what shoot or not, i still enjoy taking pictures.

DutyUse
11 January 2015, 20:21
I'm no photographer, all my pics are taken with my phone. My skills are get the girls ready for school before I go to work.[:D]

Ha sounds extremely familiar..

Back to the subject though, I think the photo contest thing is a great idea. The prize would just be like a title for a month or something, nothing material, just pride and fun. I think it'll draw people and keep it lively around here. Gost this was a wonderful idea and I for one would love to see it come to fruition.

Thompson
13 January 2015, 19:45
The prize would just be like a title for a month or something
I like that; maybe "Pickle of the Month" or something [BD]

Like this idea though GOST. Be interesting to see what all everyone has, provided said persons are willing to share.