PDA

View Full Version : Belt set up or Battle Belt picture and explanation

Farva
10 January 2015, 21:03
I poked around a little bit and didn't find anything on this subject (maybe I didn't look hard enough) so I thought I'd make this. I want to see all my fellow LEO's belt setups and explain a little bit why you have it setup that way. Others can chime in too and show your battle belts with similar requirements, show some pictures and explain the set up a little bit. I'll post mine later as I'm away from my belt at the moment. Also if this is in the wrong thread my apologizes, feel free to move it to the appropriate place.

UWone77
11 January 2015, 00:25
Belt Setups as far as Duty Belts or Actual "Battle Belts" for range/active shooter/ect use.

mustangfreek
11 January 2015, 01:32
Belt Setups as far as Duty Belts or Actual "Battle Belts" for range/active shooter/ect use.

Im interested in the latter, if the thread goes that way..if not carry on..

Ride4frnt
11 January 2015, 08:32
Not much on my belt, but I wear a vagabond stitching belt with ADF raptor QD buckle, and my infinity holsters kydex.

voodoo_man
11 January 2015, 09:23
For various reasons i won't post pictures of my duty rig but I'll give you a run down of what I carry

clockwise starting at 12:

keys on a metal loop
gun
asp at my A line (right side)

nothing between my A line to the rear

In front of my A line on the left:

Flashlight
swivel radio pouch
doubt mag - bullets facing out not side to side (makes pouch skinny)
cuffs on a single exposed loop (cuffs dangle)

Its a nylon belt with a plastic cobra buckle

I carry two TDI blades in various places I won't post about.

I have learned to not put anything behind my A line because my back starts hurting and sitting/standing sucks for long periods of time.

Farva
11 January 2015, 10:56
Sounds like a good setup voodoo. I also avoid putting anything behind me. I've read and heard about too many guys getting into altercations and having spinal injuries due to cuffs or something setting on their 6 o'clock position.

Farva
11 January 2015, 10:57

Anything really. I'm curious just to see some different ideas for setups.

UWone77
11 January 2015, 11:02
I think the type of uniform can dictate how much gear you put on your belt. Class A, B Wool Uniforms need to go away like the dinosaur.

I quick run down for me, all my gear is Safariland (I still wear leather gear)

Glock 17 with a Surefire X300 in a ALS Holster
Triple Mag Pouch
26" ASP Baton
Mini OC Spray
Peerless Handcuffs (Hinge & Chain)
Flashlight ring
Radio Pouch
Taser X2

Farva
11 January 2015, 11:41
I think the type of uniform can dictate how much gear you put on your belt. Class A, B Wool Uniforms need to go away like the dinosaur.

I quick run down for me, all my gear is Safariland (I still wear leather gear)

Glock 17 with a Surefire X300 in a ALS Holster
Triple Mag Pouch
26" ASP Baton
Mini OC Spray
Peerless Handcuffs (Hinge & Chain)
Flashlight ring
Radio Pouch
Taser X2

Nice gear. The X2's are cool and all but man they are so damn big. It's like attaching a Kleenex box to your belt. We are still using the X26's. We have one or two X2's. Fun as hell to play with for sure. I also think unless you train with the X2 a lot the features would be hard to operate fluently under stress.

Jerry R
11 January 2015, 11:56
I have a belt setup for training classes and range use. A little heavy for an old fart when it's fully loaded, but reasonably comfortable and it seems to work for me. Quality was my main selection criteria. The items have proven to be well built and priced within reach.

Blue Force Gear SOC-C Modular Belt Kit with padded suspenders and inner duty belt.
Counter clockwise from the front:
FastMag Gen-2 5.56 Pouch
Tactical Tailor 5.56 Double Mag Combo Pouch
MaxPedition Medium RolyPoly Dump Pouch
Tactical Tailor IFAC
Canteen - will upgrade to a hydration system "some day".
Blackhawk Serpa Dropleg 1911 holster

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/pdogkilr/Firearms/NFA%20Pictures/IMG_0100_1_2_fusedHDRToneMapNaturalSize1024_zps308 bad1e.jpg~original

Computalotapus
11 January 2015, 12:41
For range and 2 gun events I go with a Jones Tactical riggers belt. Infinity Holsters Kydex holster for M&P9, HSGI Drop let panel with 3x double taco mag carriers. 3x GI AR-15 Mags, 3x M&P9 mags. After this next First Aid class in the spring I will be carrying a Dark Angel medical kit on the belt with First Aid ID patch.

I don't use a carrier as it isn't something I would normally work with. I find reloading from the drop let is a lot quicker than reloading from the chest or belt for me.

UWone77
11 January 2015, 13:08
Nice gear. The X2's are cool and all but man they are so damn big. It's like attaching a Kleenex box to your belt. We are still using the X26's. We have one or two X2's. Fun as hell to play with for sure. I also think unless you train with the X2 a lot the features would be hard to operate fluently under stress.

There is a steep learning curve coming from a X26 to an X2.

I think in theory it's a nice option to be able to taser 2 people, but trying to remember how to give one or the other an extra 5 second ride would be hard to impossible in a stressful, dynamic situation.

And yes... carrying the thing is a pain, it's a brick. I used to carry my X26 in a drop leg, so the room on my belt has been taken up quite a bit.

Farva
11 January 2015, 13:17
Agreed. I admit the technology of the X2 is impressive. If the x26 had the ability to drive stun with the cartridge on it would be just about perfect. The X26p even has some impressive new features. Still bigger than the original though but small in comparison to the X2

voodoo_man
11 January 2015, 15:17
What are these tasers you speak of....

Farva
14 January 2015, 00:22
haha im assuming you dont get to play with tasers voodoo?

voodoo_man
14 January 2015, 05:20
haha im assuming you dont get to play with tasers voodoo?

some are issued, ive been avoiding getting one issued like the plague.

seriously, where am I gana put it?