PDA

View Full Version : Screwed once again by the "FREE" state.

Ride4frnt
13 January 2015, 09:12
I wish I had seen this before I did, but alas, it never works that way.

It's recently been brought to light that the ATF is holding all MD form one applications "until they receive clarification." Maryland's laws are written so poorly regarding the new procedures for firearms that even the freaking ATF won't interpret them, they need written proof they are allowed to approve our form 1's. If they are waiting for the AG's office to send them proof, it'll never happen. The state police has already made it known that it is legal, but they won't accept that.

Some people have had their form 1's denied with "assault weapons illegal in MD" as the reason. Some have been "put on hold." This after we were explicitly told to use our new lowers as pistols or SBR's.

There is one FFL in this state that is continually fighting for our rights as firearms owners, and they have filed suit on this issue. No updates as of yet, and I don't expect them to come quickly, but I'll update when I can.

For reference, I have a Form 1 submitted, it's still in the "submitted/in process" phase. I have to say all of this is a little disheartening.

Here is more on the topic, including State Police and ATF responses to correspondence.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=165907

Gaspipeshooter
13 January 2015, 16:57
That sucks that you didn't know that before you dropped the two bills on the Form 1...

Jumpmaster
13 January 2015, 17:09
ATF (Assholes Taking Firearms) is another POS alphabet agency.

Ride4frnt
13 January 2015, 17:21
That sucks that you didn't know that before you dropped the two bills on the Form 1...

I'll get a refund, and I can resubmit, but best I can tell, this go-round it's gonna get disapproved. I'll resubmit til it comes back approved.

Thompson
13 January 2015, 19:40
That sucks indeed Ride. Hope you aren't kept in limbo indefinitely. Guess you really can't wait to get out of there and move back to America.

WHSmithIV
13 January 2015, 19:45
I'm sorry for you Ride4. I know Md. has really messed up anti-gun laws. When my wife and I decided to move to the US I checked the gun laws in potential states to choose to move to. Any states with dumb anti gun laws were ruled out and I didn't even look for available properties in them.

JHoward
13 January 2015, 19:47
I always feel so bad for the people who live outside of free America... Sucks it's not easy to just pack up and leave, or just get all of the rights you're promised.

CK 187
14 January 2015, 06:46
That sucks Ride. Don't give in though, keep fighting the fight

CarbonScoring
14 January 2015, 07:02
Our laws in MN are OK, but not great. We can get SBRs, but no suppressors. But at least they're fairly black and white. Nothing's more irritating with firearms than ambiguity.

Gaspipeshooter
14 January 2015, 09:46
Ohio just passed wide reaching legislation that allows for suppressors while hunting, relaxation of CCW requirements, and relaxation of magazine restrictions. Some of it I'm in favor of, some of it I have concerns with.

Pyzik
14 January 2015, 09:50
That sucks man.

Best of luck to you.

Deadwing
15 January 2015, 00:39
Man, that really sucks. I hope things get sorted out for you (and everyone else affected by vague, poorly worded, BS gun laws).

Ride4frnt
29 January 2015, 13:16
Well, good news for the folks of MD. Atf started approvals again yesterday.

Bad news for me. I'm a damn moron and put my name in box 3b instead of the trust name, so I was disapproved. Will have to wait for refund and resubmit.

UWone77
29 January 2015, 13:25

Bad news for me. I'm a damn moron and put my name in box 3b instead of the trust name, so I was disapproved. Will have to wait for refund and resubmit.

Well... in the big scheme of things, just a minor delay in your project. At least you can get it approved, vs no dice.

Can't move fast enough eh?

Ride4frnt
29 January 2015, 13:45
Well... in the big scheme of things, just a minor delay in your project. At least you can get it approved, vs no dice.

Can't move fast enough eh?

Boy you ain't kidding about moving. Few more bumps in the road and I'm out of here. My girlfriend needs to pay off a debt she got screwed on and we out heading north or south, haven't decided that yet.

GaSwamper
29 January 2015, 15:08
Boy you ain't kidding about moving. Few more bumps in the road and I'm out of here. My girlfriend needs to pay off a debt she got screwed on and we out heading north or south, haven't decided that yet.

South!

Ride4frnt
29 January 2015, 15:14
South!

1 mile north from where I'm at puts me in PA, 10mi south puts me in WV. Easy for me to get out in any direction.

SINNER
29 January 2015, 15:19
I have 3 pending as we speak. Going to wait and see what pans out with the new MD leadership in office but I expect little. I already moved my company to Delaware 3 years ago because it saved 6 figures a year on taxes. Wife gave her blessing to start a new home on some land I have in Virginia. Pretty sure that will be our primary residence in a few years.

Ride4frnt
29 January 2015, 15:48
I have 3 pending as we speak. Going to wait and see what pans out with the new MD leadership in office but I expect little. I already moved my company to Delaware 3 years ago because it saved 6 figures a year on taxes. Wife gave her blessing to start a new home on some land I have in Virginia. Pretty sure that will be our primary residence in a few years.

Very nice. I'm WV bound when the current problems are behind me

SINNER
29 January 2015, 15:57
It actually saddens me to no end. Born and raised in this state. Tons of family and friends but this welfare entitled mess the libtards created in this state is truly out of control.

Deadwing
29 January 2015, 16:20

I read something on another forum where a form was disapproved for a similar reason. From what I remember of the post, the guy submitted a new Form 1, then sent an email referencing his disapproved application number and requested that the new application be treated as a correction to the disapproved form. Apparently, the new Form 1 was then approved within a few days. Might be worth a try so you can hopefully speed the process up.

mustangfreek
29 January 2015, 16:22
Well thats good and bad news i guess ride, sounds like atleast you will still be able to redo it and get approved...

Ride4frnt
29 January 2015, 16:39
I read something on another forum where a form was disapproved for a similar reason. From what I remember of the post, the guy submitted a new Form 1, then sent an email referencing his disapproved application number and requested that the new application be treated as a correction to the disapproved form. Apparently, the new Form 1 was then approved within a few days. Might be worth a try so you can hopefully speed the process up.

Yes, this is possible, but you need to pay again too. I don't have an extra 200 at the moment so I'll have to wait it out.

Ride4frnt
29 January 2015, 21:05
Well...you guys are bad influences.
I resubmitted.

Deadwing
29 January 2015, 21:07
Yes, this is possible, but you need to pay again too. I don't have an extra 200 at the moment so I'll have to wait it out.

Bummer. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I hope they refund your money soon!

Ride4frnt
29 January 2015, 21:29
Bummer. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I hope they refund your money soon!

Eh, I said f it. I paid it again.

alamo5000
29 January 2015, 21:38

Plenty of room in Texas.

Deadwing
29 January 2015, 23:46
Eh, I said f it. I paid it again.

Right on. Some of the best decisions i've ever made have started with "eff it.." lol.