PDA

View Full Version : How to Field Strip an AR15

Dave Timm
16 January 2015, 07:31
Hello Everyone,

I am starting to build our video library and am starting with the basics. I know the vast majority of readers here already have this down. My main goal with covering the basics is for those who are new to the platform and to serve as a reference. We teach basic courses and often times we are asked for good references for students after class. While there are some great videos out there we wanted to add our own to the mix. I hope you enjoy it, please feel free to share with new shooters you may know.

More are in the works, lube, cleaning, etc. as well as product reviews, shooting drills, interviews and more.

Last, I will be starting to use my full0 channel more and more. Full30 is a great firearms video community that I think has a bright future. Some familiar faces are already on there and more will come.

Thanks everyone, best regards,
Dave

https://www.full30.com/video/77cce05d1d365792500c386ad1dca923

Gaspipeshooter
16 January 2015, 09:40
Nicely produced and informative video. Will be a great resource for newbies to the platform.

CK 187
16 January 2015, 10:17
Saw that today on FB. Good stuff and well put together

Thompson
16 January 2015, 10:20
Awesome video Dave! Can't wait to see the other videos you mentioned in the future.

full30 does seem to becoming more popular - quite a few big YouTubers on there too.

WHSmithIV
16 January 2015, 12:32
There's a video of little girl on youtube (11 years old I think) who field strips an AR in 12 seconds.

Thompson
16 January 2015, 14:56
There's a video of little girl on youtube (11 years old I think) who field strips an AR in 12 seconds.
Is that the one in some classroom where all the kids have to do it? My guess, in some former Soviet-bloc country?

WHSmithIV
16 January 2015, 21:28
Is that the one in some classroom where all the kids have to do it? My guess, in some former Soviet-bloc country?

Not as far as I know - here's the video. She's 11 years old, field strips and re-assembles the rifle in 53 seconds. The kid's name is McKenzie. For an 11 year old she does a darn quick job too :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irykjLjuKo8

Deadwing
16 January 2015, 23:03
Well done video, Dave!

FortTom
17 January 2015, 00:26
Great video. I'm finally glad to see that someone knows how NOT to describe a part or action with their hands completely obstructing the view of the part or action taking place. Good job!

Dave Timm
17 January 2015, 01:40
Thanks for the kind words everyone, it is sincerely appreciated. We are trying to produce a good product that will be of help as a reference and for those new to firearms. Also, I teach a lot of LE and often many are not gun experts and need a reference.

I'll keep posting when I add new videos, please feel free to share with anyone you may think could benefit. Again hoping to build a library for everyone to have access to.

Dave

Eric
17 January 2015, 08:31
Also, I teach a lot of LE and often many are not gun experts and need a reference.
Indeed. This would be a good refresher for in-service training. Although, I would ditch the piston info to simplify it.

Dave Timm
17 January 2015, 14:18
Indeed. This would be a good refresher for in-service training. Although, I would ditch the piston info to simplify it.

The piston info was specifically added for them, a few agencies around me use them. I can edit a different version possibly if someone would be interested in using it.