PDA

View Full Version : The WEVO 7.62x9 pistol

WHSmithIV
18 January 2015, 02:15
Well, this truly is a WEVO AR 7.62x9 pistol

As some have asked, yes you all have visitation rights. Do please bring your own ammo though [:)]

This pistol I have been building with only three parts left to go now because of the generosity of the WEVO community, well, it's almost done. This will become the livestock protection goto gun.

So, before you all get to see the current pics (and I do apologize, I would have liked to have done these in the snow outside but, it is 10 below zero and I had to do them in our home. Stickman and UWone take better pics than I do)

I never could have imagined that so many good people would try to help me. So, here is my Thank You

To Stickman - Thank You, the upper receiver is very beautiful and Thank You to Right to bear Arms & supply for donating it.

To Josh who sent me his spare Magpul pistol grip and trigger guard (and to Magpul for sending me that set screw)

To Daryll who gave me his lying around gas block

To Jim who sent me the Phase 5 pistol tube , buffer and spring along with extra springs I now have to pay forward if someone needs a spring and the gas tube I want to use.

To Soisa who sent me his extra BCG ( needed the carrier and knew a nice guy on the east coast trying to get his rifle together so, I sent him the bolt.)

To Josh the Soldier on the East Coast who sent me a spare high quality hand guard

To UWone - thank you for the Fortis muzzle brake very much. I'll be writing a review for them of it on their website and also posting that review in social media. It is a very high quality muzzle device. Thank you Fortis for making it available to me. I have a very sneaking suspicion that i will be astounded with it performance. I'll do my best to get some video too for the review both in daylight and night.

In advance, I apologize that I haven't made the quality of pictures that Stickman and UWone make.

So, here are the pictures

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/whsmith4th/P1010075_zps04a97f77.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/whsmith4th/P1010080_zpsc8e2b000.jpg

I'm a vet, what you all have done for me I never expected or asked for. Words fail me. It was 25 years before anyone told me Thank You.

I Thank You all from the depth of my heart.

To

Deadwing
18 January 2015, 03:15
Looks like you've got a great build going! Can't wait to hear how she shoots!

WHSmithIV
18 January 2015, 04:53
Looks like you've got a great build going! Can't wait to hear how she shoots!

Me too. The barrel that I want to buy from Primary Arms is now out of stock. I want to bundle that purchase with a red dot sight from Primary Arms also to save shipping. So, I'm going to go ahead and order the bolt and enhanced firing pin. I'll get her done and I'll post range reports. This is the very first pistol I will have built, I need it to work well, so that is what I'm going to do - make it work well and be reliable.

toolboxluis00200
18 January 2015, 08:36
simple looking very well done

SwissyJim
18 January 2015, 19:05
nice... can't wait to see some range reports!

WHSmithIV
18 January 2015, 23:19
I'm looking forward to posting range reports Jim. Looks like i need to wait for our tax return to get the other 3 parts and hopefully also the red dot from Primary Arms. Faxon Firearms is releasing a new 7.62x39 bolt next week. I'm hoping it has a good price point.

DutyUse
19 January 2015, 02:02
I'm looking forward to posting range reports Jim. Looks like i need to wait for our tax return to get the other 3 parts and hopefully also the red dot from Primary Arms. Faxon Firearms is releasing a new 7.62x39 bolt next week. I'm hoping it has a good price point.

Good looking rifle Will [:D]

It's great to be on a forum like this where the members actually help one another instead of bashing everyone about every little thing. What a concept right?[bash]

I've said it before and I'll say it again, best group of guys around. Hope she runs like a scalded dog for you from the first trigger press

CK 187
19 January 2015, 04:48
That is one nice simple piece to the eye, but it's farkled up good with some nice bits. Hope she runs well for ya

UWone77
29 January 2015, 13:56
Super pricey... but I wasn't aware LMT was making 7.62x39 bolts.

http://www.lmtstore.com/bolts-carriers-groups/bolts-carriers-and-groups-complete/l7r3b.html

SINNER
29 January 2015, 15:37
Me too. The barrel that I want to buy from Primary Arms is now out of stock. I want to bundle that purchase with a red dot sight from Primary Arms also to save shipping. So, I'm going to go ahead and order the bolt and enhanced firing pin. I'll get her done and I'll post range reports. This is the very first pistol I will have built, I need it to work well, so that is what I'm going to do - make it work well and be reliable.

Just take .006 off the tail of the bolt and no need for the specialty pin. All the specialty firing pins are is a standard pin with 6 hundredths taken off the stop shoulder.

Regardless if you buy the bolt and pin from different sources make sure only 1 of the 2 has the mods needed for the increased pin protrusion. I ruined a bolt and pin that already had the cut made to the tail from the manufacturer by using an enhanced pin with it. Using non mil spec ammo that lacks the recessed primer pocket caused the firing pin to pierce the primers. The pin lost 1/8" off the tip and the thick part of the pin would fit through the burnt open hole in the bolt.

Pistol is looking good BTW.

din
29 January 2015, 18:13
Super pricey... but I wasn't aware LMT was making 7.62x39 bolts.

http://www.lmtstore.com/bolts-carriers-groups/bolts-carriers-and-groups-complete/l7r3b.html

Dogies that's spendy. Pretty, and expensive, and pretty expensive.

Will, hurry and get your tax refund, I want to see this thing finished!

Kopis
30 January 2015, 07:23
AK pistols are ground thumpers! My buddy just got one. I have a pic of him shooting it somewhere with this massive fireball coming out.

When you shoot it or stand near it, the concussion is amazing.