PDA

View Full Version : Post Election Run on AR's

CAPT KIRK
26 November 2008, 18:46
Geeze..... I was expecting that there would be a run on guns if OBAMA got elected, but was still surprised at the extent of it.

Was on the Cold War Shooters site and saw that they have no AR platforms left in stock. The Noveske N4 Lo Profile I bought from them for $1900 is now listed for $3200 but is out of stock also. I went on Noveske's site and they are not even accepting orders for this particular complete gun at this time. Glad I picked mine up when I did. Noveske lower recievers are auctioning on gunbroker.com for $400-$500 right now. I imagine the same is true of guns by other manufacturers but just havent looked.

Spectre1
26 November 2008, 19:19
Yeah, it's utterly ridiculous.

See, the Dem's were right, the president-elect sure is stimulating the economy....[puke]

DM-SC
26 November 2008, 19:25
Yeah, it's utterly ridiculous.

Yeah, that;s the freakin' TRUTH! I had a friend call me earlier this evening begging me to sell him a stripped lower. I hated to do it but, I told him "No".

I only have one stripped lower left and I'm planning to build something on it...IF I can find some parts!

26 November 2008, 19:32
Don't care. Folks who are paying at these super marked up prices get exactly what they deserve. Zero sympathy from me.

SturmSoldaten
27 November 2008, 00:43
all these fear mongering idiots are making us regular guys suffer. look here, OBAMA ISNT GONNA MAKE ANY BAN OR TAKE GUNS AWAY. there are way more importand things looming like our shitty ass economy to fiix than implimenting a weapons ban.

now with that said, stop buying up everything and selling with a 200%+ mark up A Holes.

P.S.
i finally got a UBR YAY [:D][:D]
but with no AR to put in on :(:(

CAPT KIRK
27 November 2008, 18:31
Yeah... even spare parts are sold out. I have a spare bolt and action spring on order from Noveske that I'm still waiting to see. My buddy cant even get a parts kit to build his lower.

Spectre1
27 November 2008, 19:47
Guess I must have scored bigger than I thought getting 2 UBR's ordered yesterday...

Stickman
29 November 2008, 20:59
Does Charles Daly have a supply of lowers so they can continue to put out weapons? I know that CD stops by from time to time, and I've had calls from a few LEO in different states asking if CD would be able to get their LE carbine out, or if they had a time line.

Michael, if you read this, you've got a LE base that is growing, looking, and trying to get their hands on the D-M4LE.

Charles Daly
30 November 2008, 05:04
Does Charles Daly have a supply of lowers so they can continue to put out weapons? I know that CD stops by from time to time, and I've had calls from a few LEO in different states asking if CD would be able to get their LE carbine out, or if they had a time line.

Michael, if you read this, you've got a LE base that is growing, looking, and trying to get their hands on the D-M4LE.

We were fortunate to have almost 3,000 stripped lowers in stock when the recent run on the market occurred. [:)] That's the good news. The bad news is that we have run out of mil-spec extension tubes. As soon as they arrive, (hopefully this week) we will be able to resume building the D-M4LE. Then we will run into supply issues on our mil-spec 1:7 barrels. But we will be able to get almost 1,000 out the door before that happens. :(

So for now we are cornered into building the D-M4 (4140, 1:9, commercial extension, standard buffer) and the D-M4S (4140, 1:9, commercial extension, std. buffer with scope risers and picatinny rail gas block). See: CD Defense Firearms (http://www.charlesdalydefense.com/firearms.asp).

Every maker is building as many guns as they can and we are all putting pressure on a lot of the same component suppliers. We are all having similar supply problems. You have the parts and components to build a particular model only to find that you are short one critical part. It's frustrating to say the least.

C-Fish
7 December 2008, 07:53
I heard yesterday at the SAR show in Phoenix that Parts are the biggest issue.

DPMS is quoting 4-6 months for LPK's (this from a dealer friend). Show price was $100 btw...

I still found plenty of rifles (FS) and magazines if I was buying. Prices seem to be +200-400 from a few months ago.

Found tons of USGI mags ranging from $8 used to $24 new.

Cohibra45
7 December 2008, 18:20
[QUOTE=SturmSoldaten;5067]OBAMA ISNT GONNA MAKE ANY BAN OR TAKE GUNS AWAY. there are way more importand things looming like our shitty ass economy to fiix than implimenting a weapons ban.[QUOTE]

To everyone that thinks that Obama won't make a ban in the first 120 days I believe are just trying to think logically. The economy will take a lot longer and the war in the sandbox will go on. The easiest thing for the Administration to show that they are about 'Change' is to pass and sign another AWB.

The only thing that might slow down the bill would be if there are enough gun friendly legislatures that remember what happened in '94. The first AWB (along with the other ridiculous legislation) stirred up enough gun owners to vote out the people that voted to pass the AWB bill. If the sympathy of the country is one that 'we don't care about your stupid guns, we want the economy fixed...so pass another AWB if it helps to fix the economy and end the war', then we won't have a chance. Just don't look for any sunset clause and much more restrictive wording. One other thing, remember it is next to impossible to repeal a law once one is passed. Try to remember the last time a law was repealed!!!!

jp0319
6 January 2009, 16:18
I don't know why people were surprised. Were that many people really caught off guard by the election results? I saw this crap coming 3-4 months ago I went to my gun shop and put an M4 on layaway (just in case). As one of the posters above put it these people who are paying 3k and up or not even able to get an AR at all get what they deserve. $1200 for a S&W M&P15T [:)]it may not be a Noveskie or LMT but it has most of my must haves (Troy FF rail, and Troy front and rear BUIS). Ill change all the little stuff after this next deployment.

sundowner41
19 January 2009, 08:02
Do you want a little cheese with that whine?????

History repeats itself on a regular basis in Washington. Now for those of you too dense or too stupid to read or know what really goes on there, you continue to sit back and pule and whimper about how everyone’s an asshole and everyone is too ignorant about buying up all the lowers, parts kits and assembled rifles they can find, and having paid “normal” prices for all of it.

Obama said he’d not take your hunting guns. Take him at his word. You’ll be able to keep your bolt actions and over/under shotguns, but buying anything else and getting the normal pricing is a little too late for some of you for just about anything semi-auto, especially all those “evil assault” weapons. Or “cop killers” as known around the Brady handgun crowd.

I see all these Obama stickers on cars and don’t see granola eaters or butt humpers driving them. The shit sandwich that going to be force fed to all the normal people who pulled the lever for Barry is going to be nothing like they’ve experienced before in their young lives. You bought into the liberal crap and now you complain that those who see what’s going on have taken advantage of availability and decent pricing have done so and that leaves you with your pathetic little peckers waving in the wind.

Watch what comes from executive orders the first few days in office and let’s continue this conversation then. But then…. All you’d have to do is crack a history book and you’d already know all this.

BVickery
19 January 2009, 16:46
Executive Orders can only do so much. He can write a million Executive Orders banning evil Assault Rifles but it will have ZERO legal standing. You think it was as easy as writing an Executive Order to outlaw guns that Clinton would have waited on the AWB?

Executive Orders, for the most part, can NOT affect domestic affairs. Just look at Bush's Executive Order about opening up off-shore drilling, they still had to pass federal laws to allow it.

Not trying to flame you, but educate you in the matter of Presidential Executive Orders.

sundowner41
19 January 2009, 17:34
I’m not too sure what flaming is, but I can assure you I took no offense at anything you said.

I don’t have all the facts regarding executive orders certainly, but as someone who seems to have a little snap, you know Barry owes too much to too many people. With all the banter back and forth about what he is going to do about the economy, scale back in the war, education, immigration and taxes, tell me just one item that’s been mentioned lately about gun control and the 2nd amendment. Quiet as a church mouse. Lexus-Nexus comes up with stuff that’s over a year old. Google it and the same result. He was the most liberal member of congress in both houses. How did he get that record?

Eric Holder is going to be his henchman. Janet Reno’s goon drafted the AWB, was instrumental in prosecuting Waco and sending in FBI HRT teams to seize Elian Gonzalez. Oh boy and the threat he turned out to be. In this season of bi-partisanship and reach across the aisle feel good BS. nobody on the republican side did anything except throw marshmallows at him during his confirmation hearings. These congressmen had the backing of the 58 million voters who didn’t vote for Obama and still they caved. Mark these words, if I seemed harsh to some comments on the board, your 2nd amendment rights are going to be trampled and every effort possible to at least limit if not exterminate them. His voting record speaks loudly. Illegalities in this effort notwithstanding, do you think that will make a difference if he’s able to seat the Supreme Court judges he wants?

As of today he has over 140 executive orders on his desk to implement on the first day. Think.

Our guns and the ammo to shoot through them have a big fat bulls eye on them, no pun intended.

I just call them like I see them. I hope and pray I’m wrong.

apxpred
27 January 2009, 08:26
[QUOTE=SturmSoldaten;5067]OBAMA ISNT GONNA MAKE ANY BAN OR TAKE GUNS AWAY. there are way more importand things looming like our shitty ass economy to fiix than implimenting a weapons ban.[QUOTE]

To everyone that thinks that Obama won't make a ban in the first 120 days I believe are just trying to think logically. The economy will take a lot longer and the war in the sandbox will go on. The easiest thing for the Administration to show that they are about 'Change' is to pass and sign another AWB.

The only thing that might slow down the bill would be if there are enough gun friendly legislatures that remember what happened in '94. The first AWB (along with the other ridiculous legislation) stirred up enough gun owners to vote out the people that voted to pass the AWB bill. If the sympathy of the country is one that 'we don't care about your stupid guns, we want the economy fixed...so pass another AWB if it helps to fix the economy and end the war', then we won't have a chance. Just don't look for any sunset clause and much more restrictive wording. One other thing, remember it is next to impossible to repeal a law once one is passed. Try to remember the last time a law was repealed!!!!

I find this disturbingly accurate as to how they think.

Teufeldog
27 January 2009, 11:03
I think that is right. This administration is going to push a ban and to think they are not, or that they may be too busy with other important issues, is ignoring their stated agenda. The anti-gun agenda is clearly stated on the White House web site (http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/).

wortman
28 January 2009, 15:37
Where did you get the ubrs? thanks