PDA

View Full Version : If you were me...

alamo5000
20 January 2015, 09:39
If you were me and it was your birthday today like it is mine...what kind of gift would you give yourself?

I am trying to keep it moderately priced... No more than a couple hundred bucks give or take some until my bank account recovers from Christmas...

I am trying to get some ideas on something cool to buy myself [:D]

Ride4frnt
20 January 2015, 09:45
How many is a couple hundred? If I were you and a "couple hundred" was like $800, I would be buying a Savage 110fp

JHoward
20 January 2015, 09:57
Happy birthday! I would definitely start a new build. I've always wanted a Noveske lower... That would be on my list for a few hundrew $$ birthday present.

alamo5000
20 January 2015, 09:57
Couple hundred is like 2 or 300 max...I could spend more but I decimated my bank account over Christmas and I don't like being low on funds.

Jerry R
20 January 2015, 10:00
PSA has a sale going on Aimpoint PRO sights ..........

And ----------- Happy Birthday !!

GOST
20 January 2015, 10:15
Happy Birthday!

I'd get a DPX knife.

http://www.dpxgear.com/shop/knives.html?p=1

DutyUse
20 January 2015, 10:28
Sounds like you need to goto the strip club and make it rain :D

Jk. Bro get what you like

CK 187
20 January 2015, 10:28

Happy birthday

This!

voodoo_man
20 January 2015, 10:29
Dpx is good.

Id say a really nice dinner and go see a movie with a female.

alamo5000
20 January 2015, 10:48
Happy Birthday!

I'd get a DPX knife.

http://www.dpxgear.com/shop/knives.html?p=1

I have six or a seven of those ;)

RYP is my buddy.

alamo5000
20 January 2015, 10:50
Sounds like you to goto the strip club and make it rain :D

Jk. Bro get what you like

I'm not much of a strip club kinda guy but I like the way you think! LoL

GOST
20 January 2015, 10:51
I have six or a seven of those ;)

RYP is my buddy.

Send me one then.[BD]

alamo5000
20 January 2015, 10:54
Dpx is good.

Id say a really nice dinner and go see a movie with a female.

Part of the problem where I am at is a clear lack of females under the age of 60. Living in the country is good and all but its a real pain meeting people. Especially females of the single variety.

But I am definitely with you on this.

alamo5000
20 January 2015, 10:59
Send me one then.[BD]

Hey man! Its my birthday! WTF? LOL

On a side note I will keep you in mind...I have an old bigger fixed blade that is kinda beat up that I might part with...its a pig sticker but I kind of prefer smaller blades and folders...

I kind of like the HIT cutter and the HEAT.

alamo5000
20 January 2015, 11:04

Thank you...and got a link?

voodoo_man
20 January 2015, 11:07
Part of the problem where I am at is a clear lack of females under the age of 60. Living in the country is good and all but its a real pain meeting people. Especially females of the single variety.

But I am definitely with you on this.

Well, if you have a female that you may be somewhat interested in, call her up and tell her its your bday and you want to go to a nice dinner and a movie but dont want to go yourself.

The bday thing helps in getting dates. Lol

baboon
20 January 2015, 11:40
Stash the cash for something bigger!

Dstrbdmedic167
20 January 2015, 12:08
You could get a custom DMO knife, maybe a go pro, a optic or a used pistol like a 22 or 380

Ride4frnt
20 January 2015, 12:36
Yeah, gopro would be cool if you have a use for a camera like that.

GaSwamper
20 January 2015, 16:19
Happy birthday! I would definitely start a new build. I've always wanted a Noveske lower... That would be on my list for a few hundrew $$ birthday present.

Sounds like a good idea, a Noveske would be nice. Anybody got a lead on one? My wife just told me to go order my Valentine present! Other than that the GoPro or snagging one of those old chicks sounds good. Happy Birthday!

alamo5000
20 January 2015, 18:57
Stash the cash for something bigger!

I am thinking I might do just that. I am starting to get this itch to learn more and try out different types of optics. I think it would be nice to have a small collection of good stuff for different purposes and occasions [:D]

I saw one the other day that was kind of an interesting concept. It definitely made me think.

I am thinking along these lines (after a day of thinking on it).... a 4x-10x or something like that for the long end...For my urge to try and put bullet holes into the same hole.

A good 1-4x for my every day stuff...

And maybe something wide angle for up close. SRS maybe?

And I want to say thank you to everyone wishing me a happy birthday. I really do appreciate it. Sometimes birthdays can suck but this one wasn't too bad.

jymbeux
20 January 2015, 20:09
Happy birthday! I'd also mention steel targets, if you shoot on public/private land. Shooting steel is pretty fun.

GOST
20 January 2015, 20:16
And maybe something wide angle for up close. SRS maybe?

I've been running a SRS for little bit, and it's definitely fun for getting on target quick.

n4p226r
20 January 2015, 20:24
gen 2 glock 19

din
22 January 2015, 02:01
Go to the shelter and get a dog?

GOST
22 January 2015, 02:10
What did you get?

ddearmon2010
22 January 2015, 05:23
happy birthday..... I would probably get a nenew compound bow or crossbow

alamo5000
22 January 2015, 06:25
Go to the shelter and get a dog?

I have 4 dogs already. I would never get to eat any of my own food if I get another. :)

alamo5000
22 January 2015, 06:50
What did you get?

I haven't bought anything yet but I think I've decided what in theory I want. Which is a decent variable power scope with more magnification. Maybe like a 4 to 12 or something like that.

I'm in no hurry but I think that's what is my next purchase. If I wait some I can spend more because aside from Christmas I also paid off my car.

I enjoy every now and again to take advantage of my stainless barrel and all that match stuff I bought and to be able to plink for groups at distance. The idea to.swap out optics to let me have a variety of fun seems logical.

Buy or make some nice ammo and see how good I can do...with 1 to 4x like I have it is fantastic for all around use but lacks reach for precision sometimes.

DutyUse
22 January 2015, 09:28
Dang was hoping you'd have some cool photos for our viewing pleasure. Or at least a wild story something ;)

You did the right thing. Save up and get what u really want

alamo5000
22 January 2015, 09:40
L
Dang was hoping you'd have some cool photos for our viewing pleasure. Or at least a wild story something ;)

You did the right thing. Save up and get what u really want

My wild stories and pics stay off the internet...they would totally sink my Presidential ambitions. ;)

But yeah, wild nights are hard to come by when you have to drive 20 miles to the nearest gas station...

I have this uncanny ability. Its like magic. You can blindfold me and put me in a room full of stuff and I will have my hands on the most expensive thing in there in no time :) LOL

Goes for guns, women, you name it.

DutyUse
22 January 2015, 10:44
L

My wild stories and pics stay off the internet...they would totally sink my Presidential ambitions. ;)

But yeah, wild nights are hard to come by when you have to drive 20 miles to the nearest gas station...

I have this uncanny ability. Its like magic. You can blindfold me and put me in a room full of stuff and I will have my hands on the most expensive thing in there in no time :) LOL

Goes for guns, women, you name it.

Sounds like our small town. Just get out you'll find some nice girl I'm sure. It's hard if you didn't grow up there.

Side note. ALL women are expensive lol.

alamo5000
22 January 2015, 11:11
I am not holding out much hope to find women around here. Just saying.