PDA

View Full Version : Forum issues

gatordev
20 January 2015, 15:07
Just thought I'd pass this along as a data point and you guys can do with it what you will.

The last two or three days, I've had issues where, while I'm reading the forums and basically making a thread "read" by me, I'll then hit the "What's New" button, and the same bunch of threads will be marked as unread and start me over from the beginning. What's weird is they don't ever reset during my session AND it's not all threads, but just random ones.

This seems to be a new occurrence, and I can't completely discount FF being the issue, but thought I'd pass it along.

WHSmithIV
20 January 2015, 15:40
If you're using a computer, run a malware scan on it first and see if that clears the problem up. Malwarebytes is what you want to download and run for that - and it's free. Just don't enable the free trial at the end of the installation. Uncheck that box.

Eric
20 January 2015, 16:07
Good call. https://www.malwarebytes.org/. I've used it to salvage a couple systems that were infected with bogus anti-virus malware programs. Even if it's not the problem, it does not hurt to run it weekly.

gatordev
20 January 2015, 16:32
It's not a specific computer problem, as I've had it happen at work on IE, as well. It seems to be a forum-specific issue, as it doesn't happen on other vBulletin sites. It's like it forgets I just read several threads (but not ALL the threads I've read).

FortTom
20 January 2015, 16:49
It's not a specific computer problem, as I've had it happen at work on IE, as well. It seems to be a forum-specific issue, as it doesn't happen on other vBulletin sites. It's like it forgets I just read several threads (but not ALL the threads I've read).

I've had exactly the same thing happen to me on this forum several times. And then the issue seems to go away, and pops up again another time. Definitely not a "malware" issue. Just seems like a glitch here.