PDA

View Full Version : Lancer Translucent Magazines

SturmSoldaten
27 November 2008, 01:19
anyone have any experiance? quality? good alternative to PMAGS?

Eric
28 November 2008, 18:06
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390

28 November 2008, 20:53
I just received 10 Lancer mags today. And, as Eric said in his review, I was like , "hmmm, easily squished, must not be tough". Next step will be testing them out. One more thing to add is, Lancer warns that chemicals containing DEET (i.e., insect repellants) will damage the magazine. Otherwise, routine cleaning chemicals are fine.

Stickman
29 November 2008, 20:28
They don't feel as substantial as the PMAGs, but I've been around with some of the testing with them, and they held up to a pretty decent amount of use and abuse.

For clarity, I have no long term usage with them, so I can't comment in that regard. I wouldn't be afraid to buy some for myself.

DHC45
14 December 2008, 20:43
They don't feel as substantial as the PMAGs, but I've been around with some of the testing with them, and they held up to a pretty decent amount of use and abuse.

For clarity, I have no long term usage with them, so I can't comment in that regard. I wouldn't be afraid to buy some for myself.

I have a bunch of Lancer mags received in trade. Not a whole lot of rounds through them yet, but they have been my only mag used for training lately with zero issues. As said, don't feel as substantial as the PMAGs but appear to be very good quality when it comes to function.

CLHC
1 January 2009, 20:01
There's a goodly number of them at one of the dealers in my neck of the woods at a reasonable price. After reading Eric's review, I just may have to buy a couple. Thanks!

Eric
2 January 2009, 02:33
I'm sure the Lancer folks will cringe if they see this, but I decided to add some texture to the magazine body. I went over it with a wood burning tool and melted tiny ridges into the surface. It's uneven and ugly, but it was an interesting experiment.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/AR15forme/Lancer/IMG_56401.jpg