PDA

View Full Version : Just thought i'd share my noveske pair

n4p226r
24 January 2015, 09:09
So right around January of 2013 I decided it was time to buy an AR-15. Two years later and I'm gathering parts for my third.

Rifle 1:
Since NJ requires a pinned muzzle brake (flash hiders are illegal on ARs) i decided that i wanted a chrome lined 14.5" barrel with a 13.5" NSR. i found a noveske dealer in california that sells them just like this so i was in luck. my only change was a noveske raptor charging handle.

to complete the upper i have a set of noveske marked troy flip up sights, an aimpoint micro t1 in a bobro mount, and a HSP/IWC keymod offset mount with HSP WML

The lower started live as a very overpriced gen 2 chainsaw lower. its a colt lower parts kit for all pieces and springs with the exception of a geissele SSA, B.A.D-C.A.S.S safety, vltor stock, buffer tube, buffer spring and a colt H buffer.

Rifle 2:
i decided to build this one 100% myself. i found a gen 1 upper and a gen 1 chainsaw lower. the lower is completed with the same exact parts as rifle 1. geissele ssa, colt parts, bad-cass, but with a colt rifle tube, buffer and spring, and a magpul rifle stock. i have recently picked up a colt CS stock that i may put on here or i may save and get the colt 6920 OEM2 next year and turn it into a dissipator.

the upper is a gen 1 noveske marked upper, with a noveske BCG, i bought a noveske SPR 18" barrel with a pinned surefire socom brake, 13.5" NSR, troy/noveske sights and a vortex viper pst 1-4 in a bobro mount. the plan was to put a night force 2.5-10 on this but i may go with a US Optics SR-8C next year instead

my third rifle will essentially be a clone of rifle 1 in 22lr. it will have a 16" taccom barrel, 13.5" NSR, cmmg bolt and the redi-mag stuff to use M&P 15-22 mags on an aero upper and who knows what lower.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/wsaraceni/FF65C470-24B0-4908-A9AE-0C7C68AABCDA_zpsa474xqku.jpg

GOST
24 January 2015, 09:17
Very nice, and I vote SR-8C.

n4p226r
24 January 2015, 09:29
thanks. thats what way i am leaning, but its a lot of money to spend when i absolutely suck at shooting and furthest ranges around here are usually 200-300 yards.

UWone77
24 January 2015, 09:36
Nice sticks.

I'm not a fan of spending big money to satisfy the 1% you might shoot at a certain distance. But then again, it's your money!

DutyUse
24 January 2015, 09:51
Nice Noveskes! I'd like to find a nice gen 1 set myself, which are kinda hard to find these days.

n4p226r
24 January 2015, 10:13
Nice sticks.

I'm not a fan of spending big money to satisfy the 1% you might shoot at a certain distance. But then again, it's your money!

based on my skills, the area i live in, and any other number of factors, a S&W M&P sport would probably cover 99% of my needs. but after staring at Stickman photos from back in the day when the amount of photos containing a noveske were higher than today, i kinda knew i needed to have one or 10

n4p226r
24 January 2015, 10:17
Nice Noveskes! I'd like to find a nice gen 1 set myself, which are kinda hard to find these days.

yea. both my lowers are chainsaw lowers which were a little easier to find. I'm still trying to figure out why they were marked chainsaw, especially on the gen 2. i think I'm done with noveske builds for a while though. i really want to build a colt lower with fixed stock, colt a2 upper with m4 feedrams, and have a local gunsmith take a 6920 barrel and turn it down to .625" at the rifle length to make a dissipator.

GOST
24 January 2015, 11:04
Check this thread out if your wanting a SR-8C.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6843-Kyle-Defoor-2015-Training

UWone77
24 January 2015, 11:36
I was referring to the glass GOST is trying to get you to buy !

DutyUse
24 January 2015, 12:51
yea. both my lowers are chainsaw lowers which were a little easier to find. I'm still trying to figure out why they were marked chainsaw, especially on the gen 2. i think I'm done with noveske builds for a while though. i really want to build a colt lower with fixed stock, colt a2 upper with m4 feedrams, and have a local gunsmith take a 6920 barrel and turn it down to .625" at the rifle length to make a dissipator.

Why not just get a colt 6720? Has a factory LW barrel. Then you can change the stock. Seems easier

I also have a chainsaw gen 2 and it's also flawless. Where did you find your gen 1 set? Everyone I check is sold out

toolboxluis00200
24 January 2015, 13:23
i like the first one i shoot the crap out of it if it was mine

n4p226r
24 January 2015, 14:35
Why not just get a colt 6720? Has a factory LW barrel. Then you can change the stock. Seems easier

I also have a chainsaw gen 2 and it's also flawless. Where did you find your gen 1 set? Everyone I check is sold out

I got both the upper and lower from different times from rainier. Got the "back in stock" email and bought 8 minutes later.

I have to research the dissipator a little more but I was under the impression that the 6720 is slightly smaller than .625 everywhere besides the gas block location so you can get the gas block over the front. If not then that may be an easier way to go.