PDA

View Full Version : TRIARC Systems Web-Site Goes Live

GOST
29 January 2015, 18:42
Check them out for TRACK rifled barrels and more.

http://triarcsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/barrels_cover.jpg

http://triarcsystems.com

Dstrbdmedic167
29 January 2015, 19:39
Good looking barrels! Never heard of them. Any reviews? Etc?

GOST
29 January 2015, 19:41
Don't know much about them. Geissele and Weapon Outfitters are using their barrels.

Dstrbdmedic167
29 January 2015, 19:51
Don't know much about them. Geissele and Weapon Outfitters are using their barrels.

Good to know! Doubt I'll be getting one anytime soon but you never know....

GOST
29 January 2015, 19:55
First time I've seen a 12.5" barrel running a mid-length gas system.

http://triarcsystems.com/product/12-5-track-fluted-barrel/

SINNER
29 January 2015, 19:58
That 12.5 mid length fluted is interesting looking.

GOST
29 January 2015, 20:11
That 12.5 mid length fluted is interesting looking.

I know, sounds like a bad idea but I keep looking at it.

adam_s
30 January 2015, 19:30
I actually have one of the 12.5" Midlength Gas Fluted barrels. I have to say it LOOKS incredible. In the limited shooting I've done with it, paired with good ammo (M193), and a VLTOR A5 system (stock A5 buffer, can't remember the name, but the one that comes in the kit), it's run without a hiccup. Locks the bolt back on the last round, feeds and loads well, etc.

Chris, the guy who runs Triarc, is good people too. I was put onto them by the crew at Geissele, and they most certainly didn't steer me wrong.

And yes, I know this thread is worthless without pics. I'll try to pop the safe open tomorrow to show off the complete rig.

toolboxluis00200
30 January 2015, 19:50
to be honest love to build an upper around that barrel

GOST
30 January 2015, 20:26
I actually have one of the 12.5" Midlength Gas Fluted barrels. I have to say it LOOKS incredible. In the limited shooting I've done with it, paired with good ammo (M193), and a VLTOR A5 system (stock A5 buffer, can't remember the name, but the one that comes in the kit), it's run without a hiccup. Locks the bolt back on the last round, feeds and loads well, etc.

Chris, the guy who runs Triarc, is good people too. I was put onto them by the crew at Geissele, and they most certainly didn't steer me wrong.

And yes, I know this thread is worthless without pics. I'll try to pop the safe open tomorrow to show off the complete rig.

Look forward to reading about this barrel, and welcome aboard.

adam_s
31 January 2015, 16:49
No photos yet...I've got performance anxiety when I compare my shitty iPhone photos to the works of art most of you guys post here.

However-the full details of my build are:
AXTS A-DAC-F Lower (SBR'ed)
Daniel Defense LPK
Geissele SSA Trigger
Magpul K2 Grip
Magpul SL Stock
BAD-CASS-ST
BCM Forged Upper
Triarc Systems 12.5" Fluted Midlength Barrel
Triarc Systems NP3 BCG
BCM Ambi Gunfighter CH
Geissele Super Gas Block (carbon steel) (Barrel dimpled for set screws, but not drilled for pinning...yet)
SilencerCo Trifecta RS Flash Hider
ALG Defense EMR M-Lok 10" Rail
Arisaka Defense Finger Stop
Arisaka Defense M-Lok Scout Mount
Arisaka Mini-Scout Body
Malkoff Scout Head
MBUS Pro BUIS
Aimpoint T1 on a DD Fixed Mount.

Dstrbdmedic167
31 January 2015, 16:52
No photos yet...I've got performance anxiety when I compare my shitty iPhone photos to the works of art most of you guys post here.

However-the full details of my build are:
AXTS A-DAC-F Lower (SBR'ed)
Daniel Defense LPK
Geissele SSA Trigger
Magpul K2 Grip
Magpul SL Stock
BAD-CASS-ST
BCM Forged Upper
Triarc Systems 12.5" Fluted Midlength Barrel
Triarc Systems NP3 BCG
BCM Ambi Gunfighter CH
Geissele Super Gas Block (carbon steel) (Barrel dimpled for set screws, but not drilled for pinning...yet)
SilencerCo Trifecta RS Flash Hider
ALG Defense EMR M-Lok 10" Rail
Arisaka Defense Finger Stop
Arisaka Defense M-Lok Scout Mount
Arisaka Mini-Scout Body
Malkoff Scout Head
MBUS Pro BUIS
Aimpoint T1 on a DD Fixed Mount.

I'm don't care if it is an iPhone pic!! Post it up brother! We need to see that!

GaSwamper
31 January 2015, 17:26
First time I've seen a 12.5" barrel running a mid-length gas system.

http://triarcsystems.com/product/12-5-track-fluted-barrel/

ARP makes 12'' 6.8 that I believe is mid length.

Dstrbdmedic167
31 January 2015, 17:28
ARP makes 12'' 6.8 that I believe is mid length.

You know they do as well as a 223 Wylde. Remember when I had to steal a gas system one of my rifles because the GB lost the adj screw. It came off of my 12.5 SBR and used it on my 16" WLV for the shooting competition.

adam_s
31 January 2015, 18:07
I'm don't care if it is an iPhone pic!! Post it up brother! We need to see that!

Ask and ye shall receive.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u76/goldsgympc/IMG_2438.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u76/goldsgympc/IMG_2440.jpg

The white crud around the flash hider in photo #2 is where I got a little too over eager with Rocksett for the flash hider.

If you look closely, you can see that the gas block sticks out just a touch past the end of the 10" ALG Rail. Not so far that I think it will be a problem when shooting. I tried the 12" ALG rail, and it looks to be cutting it too close to the muzzle device to let me seat my suppressor (762 Saker, once it leaves NFA Jail). I won't know for certain for a bit still though.

You can also see the fluting on the barrel some in photo #2. Even with the fluting, this is a medium profile barrel, so it has some heft to it. Triarc lists the weight at 27oz. If you're going for the absolute lightest build possible...you'll want something else. That being said, all the mass is in the right places (towards the receiver, etc), so the rifle moves and points very well.

GaSwamper
31 January 2015, 18:14
You know they do as well as a 223 Wylde. Remember when I had to steal a gas system one of my rifles because the GB lost the adj screw. It came off of my 12.5 SBR and used it on my 16" WLV for the shooting competition.

What was that gas block btw?

Dstrbdmedic167
31 January 2015, 18:15
What was that gas block btw?

Parallel tactical adj gas block. Screw came out at some point since I last shot. Not one of those things you really check before you shoot...

GaSwamper
31 January 2015, 18:48
That sucks, I just ordered one the other day. They printed a shipping label for a week ago and that's it.

Dstrbdmedic167
31 January 2015, 18:50
That sucks, I just ordered one the other day. They printed a shipping label for a week ago and that's it.

They did send me another screw and so far it's been fine. I got mine from Amazon from them and it wasn't much better. Hopefully it'll show up first of the week.

adam_s
31 January 2015, 19:54
Posted some photos, but apparently said post is waiting for a moderator to OK it.

GOST
31 January 2015, 22:31
Nice rifle Adam. You should do a review on that barrel.