PDA

View Full Version : Silencerco Spec Program

Dstrbdmedic167
1 February 2015, 05:50
I hadn't seen this posted and since I have a good Class 3 dealer that keeps me in the loop and is going to be a "Spec" dealer I thought I'd share what I know about the program.

"SilencerCo has released the details of it's SPEC program for Law Enforcement, Military and First Responders.

Who is eligible for this program?

• Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County,& City o Includes retired L.E. officers with “retired credentials
• EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
• Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. o Includes retired Military with “retired” credentials
• Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
• State Licensed Security Companies ( Loomis, Ram, Etc.) o State Licensed Armed Security Officers
• Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys.
• LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy
• Disabled Veterans with retired credentials

Pricing details cannot be advertised but will surely benefit those that qualify."

So a couple things adds that I do know.
1. The items in the program come from only one dealer, B&H police supply in Florida. They are the only distributor of said cans. Edit: this is the distributor of said cans. They are shipped from this dealer to your local spec dealer.
2. Your dealer must apply and be approved for the spec program.
3. This means no out of state purchases and transfers. So no Form 3's in short
4.. Spec cans will be distinctive with their own box and special markings on the can. (I believe a flag is lasered on the can)
5. Some cans will also come with some goodies, such as the Osprey45 I'm looking at will come with another piston. Not sure about other cans. EDIT:This his changed and no extras will be included... Original info said same but now that things are more ironed out. It appears no piston...
6. Pricing is very secretive but what I was given and with the added extras it's good! Especially if you're tax exempt, unlike me lol.

I'll try to keep everyone up to date as I can. I will be purchasing an Osprey45 in a few weeks once he has them in his hands. Any other questions let me know and I'll get them answered as best I can.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 February 2015, 05:40
Made the plunge this AM and purchased my Osprey45. Will be a week or two before he can send off the paperwork but its paid for nonetheless... I also updated the above with new information that has changed.

Pyzik
4 February 2015, 06:27
Sounds like a pretty awesome program.

schambers
4 February 2015, 06:31
looks like i need to move to florida

Dstrbdmedic167
4 February 2015, 06:40
looks like i need to move to florida

Why? Unless you live in a commie state Lol. Any dealer within your state can become a dealer just as mine did in NC. The dealer in Florida is just the distributor for the program, unless an approved dealer orders 50 or more then he gets them direct from Silencerco.

Edit: updated for clarity

schambers
4 February 2015, 10:17
Oh ok. I interpreted the original post as I would only be able to purchase in Florida.

Wish this offer was on the table a few months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dstrbdmedic167
4 February 2015, 10:27
Oh ok. I interpreted the original post as I would only be able to purchase in Florida.

Wish this offer was on the table a few months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea it would have been good to back in August when I bought my first two. Hope to have this one by muddle of may. Which is very possible with current lead times.

GaSwamper
4 February 2015, 13:10
Sounds like a good program. Where's the Civil service love though, I had to be sworn in too!

Dstrbdmedic167
4 February 2015, 13:36
Sounds like a good program. Where's the Civil service love though, I had to be sworn in too!

I can get you in contact with the guy in charge of you're interested. They may show some love.

GaSwamper
4 February 2015, 14:58
I can get you in contact with the guy in charge of you're interested. They may show some love.

Nah we just keep America in the air, even heard of guys accused of stealing valor for trying to get 10% off at Basspro using their CAC card.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 February 2015, 15:00
Nah we just keep America in the air, even heard of guys accused of stealing valor for trying to get 10% off at Basspro using their CAC card.

Either way I heard there pretty open to things! You are appreciated too

GaSwamper
4 February 2015, 15:33
Either way I heard there pretty open to things! You are appreciated too

Thanks Medic.

SwissyJim
4 February 2015, 16:35
AWESOME!! Love seeing deals made for hard working folks... looks like I may have to pester my dealer to sign up. that way maybe I can justify the Salvo!! 'Course, never been accused of working hard but once or twice...

tact
5 February 2015, 17:25
Hmm....have to look into this although I think it's entirely too late......3 cans 2 MAAD adapters and 3 mounts later...

Dstrbdmedic167
5 February 2015, 18:33
Hmm....have to look into this although I think it's entirely too late......3 cans 2 MAAD adapters and 3 mounts later...

You're local spec dealer should be able to help you on all your adapters and such as well. Mine did and I get them for dollars over what he pays.

SwissyJim
5 February 2015, 18:55
this sucks... seems they want the dealers to stock an inventory of the 'spec' items, and more of the dealers near me are home based and can't carry that kind of stock. 2 so far have either been denied, or have decided not to sign up for that reason.

Dstrbdmedic167
5 February 2015, 20:11
this sucks... seems they want the dealers to stock an inventory of the 'spec' items, and more of the dealers near me are home based and can't carry that kind of stock. 2 so far have either been denied, or have decided not to sign up for that reason.

My dealer is home based. He sent out an email and had a response to the guy running the program of like 20 emails in less than an hour. It can be averted but yes they still want dealers to "stock" them. My dealer ended up ordering 58 cans all together on his initial order. Give it time when it is "officially" announced in the spring maybe things will be more details will be more ironclad and more dealers will have them.

SwissyJim
6 February 2015, 11:06
My dealer is home based. He sent out an email and had a response to the guy running the program of like 20 emails in less than an hour. It can be averted but yes they still want dealers to "stock" them. My dealer ended up ordering 58 cans all together on his initial order. Give it time when it is "officially" announced in the spring maybe things will be more details will be more ironclad and more dealers will have them.
good to hear... there's hope! Altho I found another dealer close to my 'normal' dealer that is becoming SPEC. YAY! Now to get info and details, and see if I can talk myself into another can. Omega? Salvo? Harvester Big Bore?

Dstrbdmedic167
6 February 2015, 11:06
good to hear... there's hope! Altho I found another dealer close to my 'normal' dealer that is becoming SPEC. YAY! Now to get info and details, and see if I can talk myself into another can. Omega? Salvo? Harvester Big Bore?

One of each sounds good!

SwissyJim
6 February 2015, 11:24
One of each sounds good!

doesn't it? LOL I wish... altho I am sure I could work the overtime between now and summer to pay for them. convincing the boss, aka the wife... THAT'S the challenge. She wants a garage added to the house...

Dstrbdmedic167
6 February 2015, 11:25
doesn't it? LOL I wish... altho I am sure I could work the overtime between now and summer to pay for them. convincing the boss, aka the wife... THAT'S the challenge. She wants a garage added to the house...

Sounds like you're getting a garage...

SwissyJim
9 February 2015, 13:43
Sounds like you're getting a garage...

Not that it would be a bad thing.... finally have a place for enjoying cigars instead of bundling up in my winter gear and sitting outside. I already told her it's going to be a 1 car/1 mancave garage. Her side gets her car, my side gets a recliner, refrigerator, humidor, gunsafe, workbench, TV and maybe a urinal.

And to the thread topic, gonna be hard to NOT order an Omega at the deal price. Salvo too, but not as smokin' of a deal. Altho SilencerCo just released a Saida12 mount for it today.

KevinBLC
10 February 2015, 12:23
SO what Silencerco cans are you guys getting? I'm leaning towards a saker, but it seems like everyone is getting a specwar.

Dstrbdmedic167
10 February 2015, 12:52
SO what Silencerco cans are you guys getting? I'm leaning towards a saker, but it seems like everyone is getting a specwar.

I got an osprey45 so I can compete my "one for everything" trio. I have a warlock 2 and a 762-SD already. Next up will probably be a saker. Just depends on my mood on the next one. More than likely a saker 5.56 actually.