PDA

View Full Version : Best optics options for new M4

Hefeone
30 November 2008, 12:27
I have recently purchased a new Bushmaster M4. I work at a Marine installation and get a lot of feedback from the military guys. Most of them use what the military provides. I would like know to what would be a good set up for great long rang capability while maintaining good close range ability. What would you guys and girls recommend?

Stickman
30 November 2008, 13:55
There is no one optic that allows you to master up close and distance shooting. The Eotech and Aimpoint series work quite well for close in and medium distance, and a magnifier can help out when doing longer work.

The problem with this is that the price starts jumping up when you add equipment.

Another option is a variable power low mag optic, but they do sacrifice a little of the up close speed.

Uglyduck
30 November 2008, 22:17
+1 Stick

It appears you've discovered the eternal optic debate. Sticks advice is the most concise and simple explanation. Take a look at the Eotech and Aimpoint setups. Also look at Trijicon's ACOG's, and the Accupoint. Depending on your budget the Horus Vision Talon may a unique option. The rumor mill states that Trijicon is coming out with a new low power variable...the TR-24, may be worth waiting for. Any direction you decide to go I suggest you try before you buy, find something that suits your needs with compromises you can adapt to.