PDA

View Full Version : How to Lube the AR15

Dave Timm
9 February 2015, 21:07
Hello Everyone,

Continuing with our AR videos as we build the library. Our previous video covered field stripping now we are moving on to lubrication. I know there is a ton of videos on this topic but it's a common question at our classes so we are hoping this is a resource that will be referenced by new shooters and students when they have questions. We don't get into detail lubrication points such as the detents etc, we will be covering that in our cleaning video. This video covers the main areas that need lubrication to keep the gun running.

Thanks everyone, and best regards

Dave

https://www.full30.com/video/3f8f85f009c785abc14cef33e45ee910

CK 187
10 February 2015, 09:14
Love the videos. Keep them coming

Pyzik
10 February 2015, 09:46
Hmm. I don't lube my lugs or in the port holes to get the gas rings. Guess I should start.

That being said, I am pretty heavy on the lube.

Thompson
10 February 2015, 09:48
Good stuff.

It looks like Full30 is really going to catch on. I remember, I think it was a year or two ago, a lot of YouTubers tried consolidating on some other website (YoungGunsTV???), and it belly-flopped. Doesn't look like that will happen with Full30.

Pyzik
10 February 2015, 10:20
Good stuff.

It looks like Full30 is really going to catch on. I remember, I think it was a year or two ago, a lot of YouTubers tried consolidating on some other website (YoungGunsTV???), and it belly-flopped. Doesn't look like that will happen with Full30.

I think you're right. I still never go to Full30 first. Maybe in time (Nutnfancy needs to use it though).

Thompson
10 February 2015, 10:42
Maybe in time (Nutnfancy needs to use it though).
Lol - you must have a lot of time on your hands considering the rate at which it takes to watch one FULL video of his.

I'm like you - YouTube is my first stop - I might start going to Full30 more frequently since guys like Mr.Gunsngear throws up Full30 exclusives (aka released a few weeks earlier than on Youtube).

Dave Timm
10 February 2015, 10:49
So far Full30 has been a great experience for creators and the staff really have their stuff together. The advertisers and creators are all firearms related and they really support creators unlike YouTube. I'm not in it for the money, I'm really not, if I were this project would already be bankrupt. But, YouTube rates are extremely low for gun related content where as full30 really supports its creators. Full30 is very smart with how they handle streaming video data stuff, beyond my paygrade :-).

I was a little skeptical at first, also surprised they allowed us to have a channel as we were so small. All of the content must be family friendly and show safe gun handling. Again, it is a great platform for gun related content. We will eventually post our videos on YouTube as well but all of the give always and promos will be on full30 only as they are so much better to work with.

Dave Timm
Love the videos. Keep them coming

Thank you, it is sincerely appreciated.

Ride4frnt
I agree. Keep the vids coming Dave. Very educational.

Pyzik
10 February 2015, 11:58
So far Full30 has been a great experience for creators and the staff really have their stuff together. The advertisers and creators are all firearms related and they really support creators unlike YouTube. I'm not in it for the money, I'm really not, if I were this project would already be bankrupt. But, YouTube rates are extremely low for gun related content where as full30 really supports its creators. Full30 is very smart with how they handle streaming video data stuff, beyond my paygrade :-).

I was a little skeptical at first, also surprised they allowed us to have a channel as we were so small. All of the content must be family friendly and show safe gun handling. Again, it is a great platform for gun related content. We will eventually post our videos on YouTube as well but all of the give always and promos will be on full30 only as they are so much better to work with.

Well now that you've said all that I may start to head there fist so you guys are getting something out of it more than YouTube is offering (though I do have ABP, maybe I'll turn it off for Full30).

Thompson
10 February 2015, 12:29
Well now that you've said all that I may start to head there fist so you guys are getting something out of it more than YouTube is offering (though I do have ABP, maybe I'll turn it off for Full30).
I think there are still video ads even if you have ABP enabled for Full30; at least for me I get a 15 sec ad before each video.