PDA

View Full Version : Best Gun/Accessory Deal You've Ever Made

schambers
19 February 2015, 12:38
This post was originally a sale listing but its evolved into a discussion of where to look for deals, outside of online retailers.

On with the discussion!

Text of original post:

Continuing to clean out my extra parts. I'll throw these up for WEVO people first, and if nobody seems interested, I'll move the items to another forum. On with the listing!

MBUS Pro set, black - Sold
The sights are in very good condition. The screws show some wear but are 100% functional.

B5 Bravo Stock - Sold
I have x2 stocks. Both stocks are in good condition. Switching over to the BCM stock and these are just lying around.

UWone77
19 February 2015, 12:41
Black Stocks?

schambers
19 February 2015, 12:41
black stocks. I forgot to mention that.

UWone77
19 February 2015, 12:42
I'll take both stocks. PM coming in a bit.

okdonk
19 February 2015, 13:40
Kinda late for the stock.. how much was the OP selling it for if you all don't mind asking? I'm sure i missed a deal :(.

UWone77
19 February 2015, 13:41
Kinda late for the stock.. how much was the OP selling it for if you all don't mind asking? I'm sure i missed a deal :(.

Ended up buying all 3 items for $150 total. I'd say that was a smoking deal!

okdonk
19 February 2015, 13:43
***Banging Head***. Was bathing my toddlers.
Hell yeah it is a damn good deal.. awesome!

GOST
19 February 2015, 13:55
***Banging Head***. Was bathing my toddlers.
Hell yeah it is a damn good deal.. awesome!
Gotta watch out for the ones that haven't reproduced yet, they're fast on the trigger.[:D]

Pyzik
19 February 2015, 13:56
Doh! Spending time doing actual work bites me again.

UWone77
19 February 2015, 14:00
That's really how I get a lot of my stuff... the secondary market. Most of it's very well taken care of, with little use.

Pyzik
19 February 2015, 14:02
That's really how I get a lot of my stuff... the secondary market. Most of it's very well taken care of with little use.
It's pretty rare that I buy anything new honestly.

If I do buy it new it's because it was either a screaming deal or I couldn't pick it up used.

Ride4frnt
19 February 2015, 14:14
Besides here, what secondary sites are you guys using? I'm not huge on arfcom, but will if there's plenty of deals. Have never looked.

Pyzik
19 February 2015, 14:16
Riverofguns.com it searches the big forums for recently posted items from your search. I've found several deals through them.

I use my local forum a lot. It's got a pretty large marketplace. Migunowners.org

UWone77
19 February 2015, 14:23
Besides here, what secondary sites are you guys using? I'm not huge on arfcom, but will if there's plenty of deals. Have never looked.

Arfcom has had some great deals. $450 Aimpoint M4 is the last thing I picked up there. Good deals on complete uppers if you can find the one you're looking for.

I think local boards in general are the way to go. People buy and sell more on a whim in my opinion vs. trying to get top dollar. That's where I picked up that LMT MK18 upper, unfired, with the LMT rear sight and BCG $525.

Best deal I ever found was on a local board. Guy puts up an ad for a "monolithic" upper. Doesn't provide any details, but wants $1200 for it. I figured it was a LMT MRP. So I PM'ed him, and it turns out it was a VLTOR VIS-3, Rainier Match 14.5 barrel with a pinned AAC Brakeout. Young National Match BCG, Diamondhead backup sights. I offered him $1050 at the time because I really wanted a VIS upper at the time.

When we met up, he forgot to mention an Aimpoint T1 on a LaRue Mount was also included. [BD]

Pyzik
19 February 2015, 14:28
Best deal I ever found was on a local board. Guy puts up an ad for a "monolithic" upper. Doesn't provide any details, but wants $1200 for it. I figured it was a LMT MRP. So I PM'ed him, and it turns out it was a VLTOR VIS-3, Rainier Match 14.5 barrel with a pinned AAC Brakeout. Young National Match BCG, Diamondhead backup sights. I offered him $1050 at the time because I really wanted a VIS upper at the time.

When we met up, he forgot to mention an Aimpoint T1 on a LaRue Mount was also included. [BD]

That's almost hilarious. Wow!

GOST
19 February 2015, 14:29
Arfcom's equipment exchange does have some good deals I bought this sight from there new in box shipped for $120.

http://shop.knightarmco.com/ProductsList.aspx?CategoryID=-2&txtSearch=69

UWone77
19 February 2015, 21:57
If schambers doesn't mind, I think I'll just change this thread to the "where did you get the best used deal" thread and move it.

DutyUse
19 February 2015, 22:28
I agree with UW. Local boards can be great. People in a pinch who want a bit more then the 20cents on a dollar the pawn shop would offer.

Don't normally find high end stuff in my area but plenty of 870's, 10/22's and hunting rifles normally under 200$. Most with less then 100 rounds that just need some oil and tlc. I hate to admit it but I burn a lot of gas driving around Kentucky during the holidays ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schambers
20 February 2015, 05:50
If schambers doesn't mind, I think I'll just change this thread to the "where did you get the best used deal" thread and move it.

go ahead and make the change. its cool. I'll modify my original post so its not weird and out of context

Thompson
21 February 2015, 14:15
How do you guys find local forums? Do you just google search them? Are they typically like [City/town] Gun forum or something like that?

I haven't had much luck finding any sort of local forums.

UWone77
21 February 2015, 14:20
How do you guys find local forums? Do you just google search them? Are they typically like [City/town] Gun forum or something like that?

Looks like you have a huge board with 70k+ Members

http://forum.pafoa.org//

Thompson
21 February 2015, 14:22
Looks like you have a huge board with 70k+ Members

http://forum.pafoa.org//
Already a member (same username if anyone's interested).

... by local, do you mean state local? Or something like city local?

Dstrbdmedic167
21 February 2015, 14:26
You can go broke if you keep up with local threads.. there always seems to be great deals on mine...

CarbonScoring
21 February 2015, 16:20
Best deal I've gotten in a long time was the 12" CMR I just got for $50 (without barrel nut). It was an item the local shop had sitting around that no one was buying. They just wanted it gone.

If you frequent a shop and see something that hasn't moved in a long time, these are the kind of items I see people giving really good deals on. Sometimes they're junk, and that's why they haven't sold, but occasionally you get some great deals.

Thompson
21 February 2015, 16:55
Best deal I've gotten in a long time was the 12" CMR I just got for $50 (without barrel nut). It was an item the local shop had sitting around that no one was buying. They just wanted it gone.

If you frequent a shop and see something that hasn't moved in a long time, these are the kind of items I see people giving really good deals on. Sometimes they're junk, and that's why they haven't sold, but occasionally you get some great deals.
Hmmm ... that's a good idea. There's been a Geissele rail thats been out on display since summer .... no such thing as enough Geissele rails [:D]

DutyUse
21 February 2015, 18:03
For me I was recommended to a good ky one. However I imagine your state plus firearm forum should lead to something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaSwamper
21 February 2015, 18:27
For me local was when me and dad caught a female her first day behind the gun counter at a local LGS. Ended up with a perfect condition Marlin 30-30 with scope for $ 130 out the door. Online would probly be Viper PST 1-4 Like new for $350 shipped on ARFCOM. I do like sometimes catching the outrageous stuff too like the China Doll lower on ARFCOM right now $4,500 or the stripped Gen 3 Noveske on Gunbroker that's at $460 with a day or 2 left yet.

Former11B
21 February 2015, 18:28
I got two brand new Vortex scopes, both at half MSRP: a Viper 6.5-20x44 and a CF2 6-18x44. Felt pretty good with that one. Also got my TA-11J 3.5x35 ACOG, brand new in the Pelican case for about $350 off retail. Love that scope

And the deal I got here on a Parallax Tactical rail is also hard to beat!!

GaSwamper
21 February 2015, 18:51
Speaking of deals just saw on the 277 Wolverine forum MDWS just posted a 10.5'' WLV barrel that was a trade in for a subsonic barrel, $100! Wish I needed it.

alamo5000
21 February 2015, 19:14
I am a SIG fanboy so for a long time I was following all the prices of everything which is I think key to getting a good deal. All my research finally paid off when I won a brand new in the box SIG pistol on gunbroker in a no reserve auction. It ended like 2pm in the afternoon on a Friday so I slapped down a bid. After I paid the FFL fees and such I think it was about $450 or $475 which was about $200 off of the next best price I could find anywhere.

Dstrbdmedic167
21 February 2015, 19:15
Speaking of deals just saw on the 277 Wolverine forum MDWS just posted a 10.5'' WLV barrel that was a trade in for a subsonic barrel, $100! Wish I needed it.

Tying to win a barrel are we? Lol

But yes a killer deal. If I wasn't set up for a 12.5" sub barrel Id be all over it

GaSwamper
21 February 2015, 19:22
Tying to win a barrel are we? Lol

But yes a killer deal. If I wasn't set up for a 12.5" sub barrel Id be all over it

Nah, it's just a really good deal. I have a bad feeling I'll end up ordering a 12.5'' one day, probly not a sub twist though.

Dstrbdmedic167
21 February 2015, 19:24
Nah, it's just a really good deal. I have a bad feeling I'll end up ordering a 12.5'' one day, probly not a sub twist though.

It is! I'm set to be a tester for the 12.5". Was gonna to a 10.5" but I have everything ready for a 12"

Dstrbdmedic167
23 February 2015, 18:55
This doesn't exactly fit here but I was excited. Picked up this coffee can of 1x range pick up from local PD 9mm brass for just under $.03 per case. It is roughly 1400 cases in the can. Paid $38 for the whole thing with the can lol. Made my day!
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/23/43931b02602e8be14c486774866b2c64.jpg

Farva
23 February 2015, 23:18
Arfcom has had some great deals. $450 Aimpoint M4 is the last thing I picked up there. Good deals on complete uppers if you can find the one you're looking for.

I can't even describe the things I would do for a comp M4 for that price [BD]

I'm curious about this as well. I'd be interested in seeing what there is in my area. I'm sure there some boards out there... Somewhere

SwissyJim
25 February 2015, 08:16
Best deal for me (so far) was for some work on my Saiga 12 shotgun. Tony Rumore, of Tromix fame, came up for a week of halibut fishing in exchange for totally re-working my Saiga12 into a flawlessly functioning BEAST. We had so much fun, that after I told him I wanted a Saiga308 after an 'incident' at a local shop, we did the same trip the next summer in exchange for the 308 work.

CK 187
25 February 2015, 12:43
I think local boards in general are the way to go. People buy and sell more on a whim in my opinion vs. trying to get top dollar. That's where I picked up that LMT MK18 upper, unfired, with the LMT rear sight and BCG $525.

Agreed. Once I got the hang of wading thru the rivers of used crap posted for above MSRP, i've had good luck on the local FB trading pages.

Started like this

1. Guy at work needed an impeller shaft seal on a small 9hp outboard kicker. He told me how the marina close by had quoted him $275 + parts. I laughed. I used to work at a marina 15+ years ago, so i offered to do it for him for free if he bought parts and score him a deal on the parts (always good to have a favor in your hip pocket). The whole job took me 40 minutes on my lunch hour. He insisted on paying me and gave me a .410 single shot in like new condition

2. Posted it to my local FB trading page and traded it even up to a guy for a Rossi .22/20g take down combo with papoose case and shells

3. Posted that back to same page and traded it even up for a Marlin 30/30 lever gun

4. Posted that back to same page and traded it even up for a Taurus Judge

I like to barter!!!

FortTom
25 February 2015, 14:16
Not related to AR's, but I traded a factory stock used Glock 19 in VGC, plus $100 cash, for a practically new Berretta ST with 30in. ported barrels, 5 extended and ported Carlson Choke Tubes (expensive) Super Trap barrel, and a New in box factory Beretta 24 in. barrel w/3 factory flush choke tubes. This was actually done at an estate sale, but I guess they wanted a Glock, really, really bad. Made up for the times I lost my ass on a trade. Extra trigger group (release trigger) and AA Walnut. Great Trap gun and switch barrels and hunt Phesant in the same day. I smile every time I think about it.

bert.crouse
12 March 2015, 17:12
Also not an AR but I picked up an Arsenal SGL21 7.69x39 for $600..........new!
Best deal I ever made!

CoxeyDiesel
12 March 2015, 19:44
Always get the best deals bartering on local pages

Aragorn
12 March 2015, 20:01
I got a SKS by trading a knife for it...

I know it's an SKS, but for a knife? Quickly yes before you come to your senses!

JHoward
13 March 2015, 00:20
Through a series of trades, I got my Glock 34 for $250.

Uffdaphil
13 March 2015, 06:46
My best ever deal was a TA33 3x ACOG NIB for $550. Got it from one of the coolest pros on the planet. Here is a pic of him on a contract in sand land.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/uffdaphil/image.jpg1_16.jpg (http://s150.photobucket.com/user/uffdaphil/media/image.jpg1_16.jpg.html)