PDA

View Full Version : HK45 LEM Conversion

Deadwing
20 February 2015, 02:38
I'm feeling a bit bold and have decided to convert my HK45 V1 (DA/SA safety/de-cocker) to V7 (DAO LEM). It's a bit more involved than the recent conversion of my P30 V2 (standard LEM) to V1 (light LEM), as it requires changing out the sear, hammer, and various other parts of the trigger mechanism. I can strip down my Glocks and have them back together in a few minutes, but this is the first time i'll be tearing down an HK. If anyone has done this modification, or has any pointers or tips, i'm more than willing to take any and all suggestions!

toolboxluis00200
20 February 2015, 12:10
my suggestion try youtube and google serch

i found this but its for the H&K USP
http://www.americangunsmith.com/app/products/view/189/HK-USP-Pistols

Deadwing
20 February 2015, 12:43
my suggestion try youtube and google serch

i found this but its for the H&K USP
http://www.americangunsmith.com/app/products/view/189/HK-USP-Pistols

Thanks, Luis. I'll check it out when I get home from work. It should be useful, as the USP and HK45 have similar internals. I've found some ok videos and good advice on an HK forum, but I'm always open to suggestions and new ideas.

toolboxluis00200
20 February 2015, 13:17
glad to help

Deadwing
27 February 2015, 01:02
Well, i got the LEM kit installed in my HK45 today. It took me less than an hour, and i was taking my time, as this is my first time getting in to the guts of an HK. Given the craptastic trigger feel i had with that gun in DA/SA, in addition to the LEM specific sear complete, hammer, and cocking piece, i replaced the disconnector, sear catch, and control latch while i had the gun torn apart. The take-up is nice and smooth, and it took almost all of the grittiness out of the trigger, even in true DAO (i.e. re-strike where the slide hasn't cycled and pre-cocked the trigger's cocking piece). Although there is still a bit of creep just before the break, it's smooth and much improved from the notchy, gritty creep of the V1 DA/SA trigger. The LEM trigger is pretty sweet in the HK45, and has a much shorter reset than the lamented mile-long reset of the P30. Overall, i'm quite pleased with this conversion.

I also installed a set of night sights on the HK45, a P30, and a Glock 19. Top Gun Supply had some pretty good prices on Meprolight sights, so i grabbed a few sets. They are a very nice upgrade from the stock glow-in-the-dark sights that came with the guns. The G19's old night sights were just plain dead and needed to be replaced. All in all, it was a pretty productive day. Now to get out and shoot them and confirm zero!

toolboxluis00200
27 February 2015, 11:35
glad you got it done