PDA

View Full Version : NEW Beretta APX

GOST
23 February 2015, 05:33
From www.janes.com
http://www.janes.com/images/assets/203/49203/1569526_-_main.jpg

Beretta unveiled its first striker-fired pistol at the IDEX 2015 show in Abu Dhabi, saying it incorporates the latest developments in tactical handguns and will have an "aggressive price vs performance ratio".

The APX is currently in the pre-series testing phase and the company aims to complete full qualification early in the second quarter of 2015.

It will be available in 9x19 mm, .40 S&W and 9x21 mm IMI calibres with respective magazine capacities of 17, 15 and 15 rounds.

The design is modular with all of the components used in the different calibre weapons identical apart from the barrel, slide and magazine well. The APX is built around a serialised stainless steel chassis that hosts all the mechanical components. To minimise weight, the chassis is encapsulated in a polymer frame reinforced with fibreglass. Its 108 mm-long barrel is cold-hammer forged and all of its steel parts feature a nitriding surface treatment.

The APX is 192 mm long, 33 mm wide and 142 mm high. With an empty magazine loaded, it weighs 760 g in the 9 mm versions and 780 g in the .40 S&W one. Beretta kept the distance between the barrel axis and the top of the grip to a minimum - just 21 mm - to reduce muzzle climb.

Ergonomics were also a top priority for Beretta. Interchangeable grips and backstraps are available in three sizes to tailor the pistol to the user's hand, while a new type of serration on the slide enables improved and faster cocking. The rear sight can also be used for emergency unconventional cocking.

The trigger has a pull weight of 2.8 kg and has a travel distance of 6 mm, but resets after a pull of less than 3 mm.

The standard sight on the weapon will be a three-dot system that is adjustable for windage, but this will be removable and tritium illuminated sights will be provided as an option. The weapon will have a sight radius of 160 mm.

The APX features an automatic firing pin safety, while trigger safety and ambidextrous thumb safeties are offered as options.

It is also fitted with a disconnector pin located under the breech on the rear right side of the pistol, allowing the APX to be disassembled without pulling the trigger: a feature that increases safety compared to other striker-fired handguns.

SINNER
23 February 2015, 08:12
Certainly different looking.

schambers
23 February 2015, 08:30
Weird. Its nice to see a full sized beretta without a slide mounted safety though.

I don't know if its technically possible, but I kind of wish they just made a striker version of the px4

RiverRat
23 February 2015, 09:32
The love child of a Ruger SR9 and a Sig P250?

GOST
23 February 2015, 10:14
Looks like it has M&P ergonomics with a Glock trigger.

toolboxluis00200
23 February 2015, 12:10
looks interesting

FortTom
23 February 2015, 13:05
Oddly, the thing that struck me about it was the relatively large slide serrations. Something you could rack the slide back if you had a hand full of Jello. I like that idea.

voodoo_man
23 February 2015, 14:18
Ohh look its another glock, but not.

Dstrbdmedic167
23 February 2015, 14:36
Ohh look its another glock, but not.

Always imitated, never duplicated

Txfilmmaker
23 February 2015, 15:13
Looks like it has M&P ergonomics with a Glock trigger.

That would be a good marriage. And I agree with FortTom's view of the serrations. "There's always room for Jell-O. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

browcs
24 February 2015, 19:13
As a Beretta fan-boy I'd like to try this gun out.

din
24 February 2015, 21:35
No.

Castillo
24 February 2015, 21:48
I wonder if they are 92 magazines with a different base plate. That would be cool if they were.

Dstrbdmedic167
28 February 2015, 04:49
This article should answer any questions anyone may have about this new pistol. The most interesting part is the trigger pack is the serialized part, not the frame. Apparently there are plans to release subcompact frames for it.

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2015/02/27/beretta-apx-pre-release-walk-through/

fairlanericky
28 February 2015, 10:54
This article should answer any questions anyone may have about this new pistol. The most interesting part is the trigger pack is the serialized part, not the frame. Apparently there are plans to release subcompact frames for it.

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2015/02/27/beretta-apx-pre-release-walk-through/

Similar to the Sig 250/320 pistols where the FCU is the serialized part.

Ric

Dstrbdmedic167
28 February 2015, 10:55
Similar to the Sig 250/320 pistols where the FCU is the serialized part.

Ric

Yea I had forgot about those. Wonder if that will ever become a thing... :shrugs: