PDA

View Full Version : Lantac USA 14.5" Barrels

GOST
27 February 2015, 05:37
From Lantac USA's 2015 Brochure.

http://www.ar15news.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Lantac-USA-2015-Brochure-page-006.jpg

http://www.lantac-usa.com/

nCarnage
2 March 2015, 16:57
Why do you have to do this to me Lantac? Looking into barrels and this appears. :) Now I want one. Along with other things from you.

UWone77
2 March 2015, 17:07
Why do you have to do this to me Lantac? Looking into barrels and this appears. :) Now I want one. Along with other things from you.

When you put a full Lantac Gun together, I don't think there will be any doubt who made it, with all the branding. [:D]

CarbonScoring
2 March 2015, 19:49
I'd love to try out a Lantac barrel, but I really don't want a 14.5". Saying that, the intermediate length looks interesting. [BD]

GOST
2 March 2015, 19:55
I like that gas block, very light for a steel gas block. But the screws are so close together I don't know if there's enough meat there to pin it.

jonpac07
2 March 2015, 21:27
That's exactly what I said after getting one.
I like that gas block, very light for a steel gas block. But the screws are so close together I don't know if there's enough meat there to pin it.

jonpac07
2 March 2015, 21:30
[BD]I'll try and take one for the team just in case I mess it up.

nCarnage
5 March 2015, 09:45

That's what I'm thinking. Always like gas blocks pinned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UWone77
5 March 2015, 10:04
Looks like there is room for a pin to me.

GOST
5 March 2015, 10:10
The one I looked at the screws were so close together it looked like it would be very tight.

SINNER
5 March 2015, 11:39
When you put a full Lantac Gun together, I don't think there will be any doubt who made it, with all the branding. [:D]

That's why they make Cerakote. I can not stand all that bullcrap branding.

You need only .140 clearance between the set screws. With a .750 diameter barrel you can even run the bore for the taper pin slightly higher and be above the set screws. I have some factory pinned barrels that the entire taper pin bore is almost inside the barrel.

GOST
5 March 2015, 12:02
You need only .140 clearance between the set screws. With a .750 diameter barrel you can even run the bore for the taper pin slightly higher and be above the set screws. I have some factory pinned barrels that the entire taper pin bore is almost inside the barrel.

Good to know, but I don't want to drill out that much barrel to pin my gas block.

EO3
21 May 2018, 12:15
Thinking about picking one of these up... anyone have experience with one of these, or any of their AR barrels?

fledge
21 May 2018, 18:15
Thinking about picking one of these up... anyone have experience with one of these, or any of their AR barrels?

Sage Dynamics has a great review of the Raven with this barrel. After his 500rd barrel dump it was still 1moa. He said that’s unusual in his testing.

Aaron at Lantac said they have barrels at 15k rounds still shooting 1moa.

I have one but am not getting 1moa. I need to shoot it more and hope it settles down.

EO3
22 May 2018, 05:30
Any issues with reliability as far as the intermediate gas system? That's one of the main interest points for me, as I assume that would make it an extremely soft and flat shooter.

fledge
22 May 2018, 07:30
No issues yet. I’ve only had it out a couple times. Maybe 100 rounds so far. The delay of the bolt is noticeable, which is intended.