PDA

View Full Version : Glock 42

Dstrbdmedic167
2 March 2015, 13:37
Interesting thing for those that may be affected. I bought my Glock 42 last year on release day. Has a test fired date of 12-13-13. I had a lot of issues with flat nose(truncated) ammo from day one. I called Glock last year and was told to shoot different ammo by the tech that answered.

Well I shot it over the weekend and had similar issues. Now I haven't had any issues since last year. When I went to researching I noticed that they have started making changes. Called again and this time they were more than happy to get it in for repair and look at it.

What was interesting is when I researched that they silently made changed back in May of last year. Newer models are marked with a 1 on the frame and a couple of other places. As well as newly designed mags. I confirmed this when I went to my LGS today.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 March 2015, 14:49
http://looserounds.com/2014/05/10/glock-appears-to-have-made-changes-to-the-g42/

Here is a link for those interested.

DutyUse
3 March 2015, 01:20
Apparently they made rolling changes. The newest models have different recoil springs and magazines. I also was an early adopter. I know when the gen 4's had problems you could call glock to get free replacement parts. Wonder if you can do that for the 42'so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dstrbdmedic167
3 March 2015, 03:21
Apparently they made rolling changes. The newest models have different recoil springs and magazines. I also was an early adopter. I know when the gen 4's had problems you could call glock to get free replacement parts. Wonder if you can do that for the 42'so

They sent me a shipping label to send it in. So I'll get it out this week and see what they do.

DutyUse
3 March 2015, 03:42
They sent me a shipping label to send it in. So I'll get it out this week and see what they do.

Did you just call them up and ask? Guess I need to do that. Never had any problems out of ours but wife normally carries it so... Yea lol

Dstrbdmedic167
3 March 2015, 03:48
Did you just call them up and ask? Guess I need to do that. Never had any problems out of ours but wife normally carries it so... Yea lol

I did. They pretty much said it wasn't a recall but they'd be glad to look at it and do what is needed. I think it's a silent, manual recall personally.

DutyUse
3 March 2015, 09:36
Oh so you have to send your firearm in?

Dstrbdmedic167
3 March 2015, 13:55
Oh so you have to send your firearm in?

Yes, unfortunately.

KevinBLC
4 March 2015, 13:48
They really need a 9mm version and a .22LR

Dstrbdmedic167
4 March 2015, 14:32
They really need a 9mm version and a .22LR

I'll agree 100% there

Dstrbdmedic167
13 March 2015, 13:49
So got my 42 back today. They practically rebuilt the gun. Feeds much better than before and the 6 mags I've ran through it so far have been flawless. Here is a pic of everything they replaced.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/13/cdc2a19482fa28401206a9216871a443.jpg

toolboxluis00200
13 March 2015, 14:01
wow that is alot of stuff did they give you free mags ??

Dstrbdmedic167
13 March 2015, 14:13
They did everything there for free and replaces the old mags with new ones. So no extra mags just new mags.

toolboxluis00200
13 March 2015, 14:17
wow not even a reach around :(

Dstrbdmedic167
13 March 2015, 14:21
wow not even a reach around :(

?? I made out good. Two new mags and gun is practically new again and all for free. I didn't even pay a dime for shipping...

SINNER
13 March 2015, 14:30
So you basically got what you originally paid for? A functioning gun.

toolboxluis00200
13 March 2015, 14:32
?? I made out good. Two new mags and gun is practically new again and all for free. I didn't even pay a dime for shipping...

i just messing whit you at list you came out winning

MonkeyBomb
13 March 2015, 14:37
I'm hoping there isn't a repeat with the single stack 9mm. We have replaced almost the same parts in all our our early Gen 4 G-22's even though there was no official recall. Digging through 500 plus pistols mutliple times is getting old.

Dstrbdmedic167
13 March 2015, 14:44
So you basically got what you originally paid for? A functioning gun.

Exactly!!

jonpac07
13 March 2015, 15:08
Nice!

Deadwing
17 March 2015, 02:57
Out of curiosity, what sort of trigger pull weights are you guys seeing on your G42s? All the times if fired mine, it was the only Glock i brought with me that day, so i had HK, Sig, S&W, etc. triggers to compare it to. The G42 felt a bit stiff, but i attributed that to it being new. The last time out (now with some 500 rounds through it and countless dry fires), i shot the G42 after shooting my G19, and i'll be damned if the trigger pull isn't twice as heavy on the G42 (i don't have a trigger pull gauge, but i'd guess it's north of 10#). I guess i should just be thankful it runs lol.

Kopis
19 March 2015, 07:51
I can chime in on glock service. I had an old hand me down g17 from my dad. I think like an '86 year model or something. Anyway, it hadnt been shot in forever. Both the mags cracked between the holes when i staRted shooting it regularly. I called glock and they advised i should send it in for an "update". The guy was very helpful and said they couldnt warranty 25 year old mags but could give me refurbished ones. Anyway, i called a few weeks later and realized i didnt have my serial number written down anywhere. The guy was very helpful and patient in tracking down my pistol. I got it two days later, fully rebuilt and cleaned (years of lint and dust in it previously) along with three new mags.

But i agree, it sucks to buy a new gun and have to send it back in. but for all the glock haters, the M&P Shield also had issues and a lot of people had to send in their first gen guns.

GOST
19 March 2015, 10:18
A few of the guys I work with got the XD-S when they first came out and had to send them back. It took over 2 months for them to get them back.

Deadwing
20 March 2015, 00:52
A few of the guys I work with got the XD-S when they first came out and had to send them back. It took over 2 months for them to get them back.

Damn, and people cry about HK hating them and thinking they suck. [BD]