PDA

View Full Version : Black Hole Weaponry -1

bert.crouse
12 March 2015, 13:26
The following is a message I sent to Black Hole Weaponry.......

"Black Hole Weaponry,

I typically build 2-3 rifles a year and your company has been one of my go to brands. Your quality in craftsmanship, value and excellent customer service typically make this a no brainier. I also use Rainier barrels quite often some of which are also made by your company.

I placed an order for an AR10 .308 barrel on January 21, 2015 order #************. This is my third BHW barrel. Two I purchased directly from your website and one from an online retailer. On February 27th I received email notification that my barrel had shipped along with tracking info. The tracking information showed a totally different delivery address than the one I had supplied. It did not match my shipping or billing address from my order conformation email that you sent me. I live in Denver, CO and it showed a delivery address of Redmond, WA?

I immediately contacted your company. I spoke with Lynn who replied that she would reach out to Fedex and have the package rerouted. The package did not get rerouted. It was delivered to Redmond, WA. I contacted her again on March 2 to let her know that it had not been re-routed and it had been delivered. She replied that she would contact Fedex and try to have the package retrieved. It has now been two weeks since I initially contacted your company about you shipping my barrel to the wrong address. During this time I have spoken to Fedex twice and have been in contact with your staff a total of four times in regards to this situation. It has been twelve days since my barrel was delivered to a wrong address that I did not supply. It has now been nine days since the last time I called and no one has bothered to even follow up with me.

I feel that this issue has been handled poorly. I also feel that this is not the type of customer service that I have often read about on online forums in regards to your company.

Sincerely,

Robert"

............Since there was not any follow through I had a friend in Seattle drive to Redmond, retrieve my barrel and then mail it to my correct address. I spoke with another person on their staff who replied something to the effect that he does not know what else to do. They make a lot of barrels and sometimes mistakes happen. He will speak with the office manager about possibly reimbursing me for the additional shipping that I had to pay. Kind of a shitty response for a major oversight in my opinion.

UWone77
12 March 2015, 13:45
So how did they get a Redmond address?

bert.crouse
12 March 2015, 13:51
It was my old address from years ago. How they pulled it I have no idea. They must have still had it on file somewhere. The order conformation and billing address both show Denver, CO.

UWone77
12 March 2015, 16:07
That's certainly disappointing. I know I've seen some disgruntled customers complain that a retailer shipped to the wrong address, even though they are the ones that entered the wrong address during the order. This doesn't seem to fall into that category though.

Should have just bought a RA Select .308 and avoided the hassle, unless you were looking for a specific length/profile.

bert.crouse
12 March 2015, 16:41
I have made that mistake before as well. Once with an Aimpoint Pro. Though that wasn't the case this time. The mistake was all on their end.

I would have went with a Rainier but the 18" DPMS were all out of stock at that time. I should have went with the ultra match instead. The only reason I didn't was BHW was running a special at that time 20% off during the shot show.

From now on it's Rainier all the way for me.

UWone77
12 March 2015, 16:45
I have made that mistake before as well. Once with an Aimpoint Pro. Though that wasn't the case this time. The mistake was all on their end.

I would have went with a Rainier but the 18" DPMS were all out of stock at that time. I should have went with the ultra match instead. The only reason I didn't was BHW was running a special at that time 20% off during the shot show.

From now on it's Rainier all the way for me.

And in CO... no more sales tax from RA purchases!

mustangfreek
14 March 2015, 02:21
Huh...sorry your having ...well had a bad run in...im sure all of us have had our share...ive had a few..lol..

Anyways...just had my first real first hand dealings with BHW and , wow they have done the total opposite and totally taken care of me..And in a very fast time frame also...

Aragorn
14 March 2015, 04:15
Huh...sorry your having ...well had a bad run in...im sure all of us have had our share...ive had a few..lol..

Anyways...just had my first real first hand dealings with BHW and , wow they have done the total opposite and totally taken care of me..And in a very fast time frame also...

That's good to hear. I'll be ordering one of their barrels soon.

Ride4frnt
14 March 2015, 08:37
My experience with them has also been good.

Sorry yours has not, and I hope they can make it right.