PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle device on 300 BO- Non suppressed

mustangfreek
14 March 2015, 02:26
Slowly gathering parts for my first BO build, doing a 16" build..Really the state hunting regs kinda started it and gave me a good reason to get into the round..Handloader so i enjoy playing around with ammo..

Anyways..down to a few parts and wondering what FH or brake to put on it, no cans around so, not sure if a brake is really necessary or a good old birdcage like FH or something better performing/looking?

Go....[:D]

And on a second note..after a good priced 556 bolt assembly...thnx [BD]

SwissyJim
14 March 2015, 18:53
I have a Noveske KX3 on my 300BLK when I'm testing loads - that way I'm not shooting unknown loads thru my suppressor. it's not bad. But I also have a Battlecomp BABC on my .308AR I built. I do like that thing, but I am getting close to swapping it out for a SilencerCo brake, so I can use my can on it. You wouldn't have a matte stainless barrel would you? Cause that's what my BABC is... hint hint.

UWone77
14 March 2015, 18:59
I have a Noveske KX3 on my 300BLK when I'm testing loads - that way I'm not shooting unknown loads thru my suppressor. it's not bad. But I also have a Battlecomp BABC on my .308AR I built. I do like that thing, but I am getting close to swapping it out for a SilencerCo brake, so I can use my can on it. You wouldn't have a matte stainless barrel would you? Cause that's what my BABC is... hint hint.

I think it's going to be matte stainless after he reads your post Jim. [:D]

din
14 March 2015, 19:36
I'd be inclined to go ahead and use a muzzle device that you can mount a can on. I know you're not planning on it now, but you never know where you'll be in the future.

UWone77
14 March 2015, 20:55
I'd be inclined to go ahead and use a muzzle device that you can mount a can on. I know you're not planning on it now, but you never know where you'll be in the future.

Trying to determine a muzzle device for a can you *might* buy down the road? Man... so many variables to that equation. I'd just stick with a non mount device.

din
14 March 2015, 22:09
Shhhh, if we work on him we can get him to buy whatever we want!

SwissyJim
14 March 2015, 22:21
I think it's going to be matte stainless after he reads your post Jim. [:D]

'course, Cerkote can do some pretty cool colors these days! I know... I'm having my SilencerCo brake done in Matte Stainless! [BD]

mustangfreek
14 March 2015, 22:51
Lol....

Never have had the chance to use a Battlecomp on anything..and my lowly build doesnt deserve such a nice piece and me is broke....So..ya..id like to say a mount for a future can is what i would do, but not even in a position to do that..

I got some grey spray paint somewhere...[:D]

Nevergiveupthefight
4 April 2015, 21:35
I'm gathering up all my parts for my .300 BO build also Mustangfreak. I think I'm going to go with the PWS FSC30.

http://www.skdtac.com/PWS-FSC30-Flash-Suppressing-Compensator-p/pws.101.htm

SINNER
5 April 2015, 03:10
I ran a FSC30 on a 16" BO rifle. Too much blast for a round with so little recoil to begin with. Switched to a Triad flash suppressor. I have yet to shoot the weapon with that one in place.

Nevergiveupthefight
5 April 2015, 06:56
Thanks for the heads up on that Sinner.

BoilerUp
5 April 2015, 07:18
I run the FSC91 on my PTR91 and love it. Out of the box, the PTR's recoil is pretty substantial, but the FSC tamed it significantly. Combined with a heavy recoil buffer, my wife will shoot it all day long. It is pretty loud off to the side, though, as you should expect with a brake. While the .300 BLK isn't exactly a hard recoiling round, I'm sure the FSC will keep you shooting flat. I generally and am not that concerned about the noise level, especially since you don't notice it when you are behind the gun.

BC98
5 April 2015, 07:35
I've ran the FSC30, AAC Blackout, and AAC Brake and all have ran well. I'll be swapping over to a SilencerCo brake due to its reported effectiveness on recoil reduction. I also have a coworker with a Saker and SpecWar in 762 who said that I could try them out if I handle the muzzle devices on my own. Plus, there's also the outside chance that MN will change its suppressor laws before I retire...or die.

Sak007
5 April 2015, 14:29
I run the Silencerco Saker Trifecta brake on all my rifles and it works great as a brake when I'm not running a can which is only when I'm testing new loads .

SwissyJim
8 April 2015, 14:01
Hey Jason,
You ever make a choice on the device?

mustangfreek
9 April 2015, 02:51
Hey Jason,
You ever make a choice on the device?

hey jim,

no never did, and sorry for the late reply, been down and off the forums for a few days damn head cold has my arse kicked...lol..

rob_s
9 April 2015, 03:44
Trying to determine a muzzle device for a can you *might* buy down the road? Man... so many variables to that equation. I'd just stick with a non mount device.

There are some ways to hedge that bet. For example, Silencerco has a couple of mount designs that work on mutiple cans. The Trifects mounts work on several of their cans, so later on of you want to go short and light, or long and heavy, the same mount will work.

BC98
9 April 2015, 06:19
rob_s is correct. The SpecWar Trifecta series of mounts can be used on the SpecWar, Saker, Omega, and Harvester(?) series of their cans. The Saker cans can also be configured to run YHM or AAC 51T mounts, as well.

UWone77
9 April 2015, 06:30
rob_s is correct. The SpecWar Trifecta series of mounts can be used on the SpecWar, Saker, Omega, and Harvester(?) series of their cans. The Saker cans can also be configured to run YHM or AAC 51T mounts, as well.

I don't think that was in question.

If you don't know what can you *may* buy later, I still wouldn't buy the muzzle device for it as versatile as the Silencerco mounts are.

rob_s
9 April 2015, 07:18
He's got to buy *something*. If he buys a non-mount and winds up with a can, then he'll have to replace the mount, if he buys a mount and goes with a different can, he'll have to replace the mount. If he buys a mount and never buys a can, he'll still have a functional muzzle device. The Silencerco mounts are ~$80, which is in-line with non-mount options.

That said, if he's looking for a lower-cost alternative, I think there there are A2-style devices available in the 7.62 thread pitch for less money.