PDA

View Full Version : LANTAC KAM (Keyed Accessory Mount) System

GOST
16 March 2015, 10:56
First look at our KAM mounting system. More to be revealed on this later. Direct to rail so there is no sliding and the locking nut is integral to the accessory so no danger of galling the mounting surface, regardless of what material it is made from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gHZ23qo8a0c

http://www.lantac-usa.com/

Slippers
16 March 2015, 13:23
Skip to 2:20 to see what handguards would look like. I'd be curious to see how many rail manufacturers consider this. Also...metric socket cap screws, ugh. Presumably this means the threads are metric on their cam nuts, too.

CarbonScoring
16 March 2015, 20:13
Looks like it should work a bit easier than M-lok and not have the awful back-cut of Keymod. Still...one more mounting standard.

UWone77
16 March 2015, 20:18
I'm a huge fan of Lantac, but not a fan of yet another attachment method. Most people aren't paying attention to what's out there already as far as Mlok and KeyMod. This is going to add to the confusion for the casual shooter/buyer.

din
17 March 2015, 03:41
Everyone be sure to check out my new mounting system, the Field Expedient Ducttape Universal Platform.

GOST
17 March 2015, 04:16
Everyone be sure to check out my new mounting system, the Field Expedient Ducttape Universal Platform.

Is it available in FDE?[BD]

Farva
17 March 2015, 14:13
Even though I'm a keymod fan, MLOK looks sexy though [BD] , I think this KAM system seems to be a little more user friendly than MLOK. Just my .02

SINNER
17 March 2015, 14:16
Oh gee another way to mount picatinny rails...

Skulltoy
17 March 2015, 20:13
I actually like the design of this better than KEYMOD or M-Lok which I have had numerous complaints on both, but..................

I think LANTAC has the most unbelievable, horrible, and incredibly stupid timing. Late to the party, poop they slept for the last 3 years. History has shown you dont have to be the best idea to win. Why dont everyone make there own open source mounting system so we can kill all off everything and start back at the beginning.

Sooo is this why their new hand guard/rail isn't released yet? Adding this new mounting format to it?

Pyzik
6 April 2015, 03:25
Oh gee another way to mount picatinny rails...
Hehehe