PDA

View Full Version : WEVO T&E Rifle

UWone77
18 March 2015, 19:33
Dahmer Arms (http://http://www.dahmerarms.com/) donated a Receiver Set, and instead of just using it for myself to collect dust, I decided that we're going to turn this into the T&E Gun. This will be a great opportunity to test a wide variety of components, especially since this is set up for ambi shooters.

In the interest of full disclosure, like I said Gary Dahmer donated the receiver set. High Velocity Arms provided the AMR Gen II, and VG6 Precision provided the Epsilon Brake. Most of the other parts were bought and purchased by me. Here is the parts list:

Upper:

Dahmer Arms Billet Upper Receiver
Rainier Arms Bolt Carrier Group w/ C158 Bolt
Rainier Arms 14.5 Mountain Series Barrel
Rainier Arms Gas Block (Pinned)
VG6 Precision Epsilon Brake (Pinned)
Mega Arms Slide Lock Charging Handle (Rainier Arms marked)
Centurion Arms C4 12" Quad Rail

Lower:

Dahmer Arms Lower
High Velocity Arms AMR Gen II (Ambi Mag Release)
Battle Arms Development EMR (Enhanced Magazine Release)
Battle Arms Development EPS (Enhanced Pin Set)
Battle Arms Development BAD-ASS
Magpul UBR
H Buffer
Umbrella Corporation Weapons Research Group Grip 23
Milspec Trigger and various parts to finish the Lower

This is not like other items where it can be shipped directly to you, it obviously has to be shipped to your FFL. This may not be for everyone as there are costs for FFL Transfers and shipping. This will be much like the Piston Upper voodman has, which will be used by the shooter for 3-5 months at a time. I think over the course of a year, we may have just 3-4 people shooting it.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_3144_zpszkr6ciwj.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_3144_zpszkr6ciwj.jpg.html)
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_3145_zpstkkihkbo.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_3145_zpstkkihkbo.jpg.html)
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_3147_zpsj7y84rgc.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_3147_zpsj7y84rgc.jpg.html)

UWone77
18 March 2015, 19:34
Dstrbdmedic167 will have it first.

If you're interested, post in this thread. We'll entertain established members first, due to the value of the item.

GOST
18 March 2015, 19:37
That is a kick ass rifle. Props to the manufacturers that donated!

toolboxluis00200
18 March 2015, 19:38
i want to T&E but i don't have the ammo to do it maybe at the end of the year i can do it

who ever get it enjoy it and keep use posted

Dstrbdmedic167
18 March 2015, 19:40
Dstrbdmedic167 will have it first.

If you're interested, post in this thread. We'll entertain established members first, due to the value of the item.

Honored and humbled to be given a chance. I plan to take a few pic of my own but also have a long range shoot I'm going to attend and plan to run this there. As long as slippers attends he will run it as well as the range owner. It will be used but not abused no crazy drop test etc will be done. It will be ran hard that say and videos will be taken!

(Mags ok, gun no lol, pyzik)

Dstrbdmedic167
18 March 2015, 19:43
Also I think the most interesting thing for me will be shooting it as a lefty and it lacking a deflector.

GOST
18 March 2015, 19:43
Dstrbd I knew it wouldn't be long before you chimed in to rub it in that you get this bad girl first.[:D]

UWone77
18 March 2015, 19:44
Just a quick disclaimer... there is no reason to baby this gun. Obviously don't throw it off a cliff, or blow it up with tannerite on purpose, but if you drop it, scratch it... whatever. It happens... when you actually use it. Imagine that! [BD]

Ride4frnt
18 March 2015, 19:50
I wish I could get in on this, but alas, Maryland. Have fun with it guys! Let's put 20k rounds through it!

Dstrbdmedic167
Dstrbd I knew it wouldn't be long before you chimed in to rub it in that you get this bad girl first.[:D]

Well... Seriously words cannot express my thanks for the opportunity! Maybe if you got a FB ;)

Just a quick disclaimer... there is no reason to baby this gun. Obviously don't throw it off a cliff, or blow it up with tannerite on purpose, but if you drop it, scratch it... whatever. It happens... when you actually use it. Imagine that! [BD]

I believe in use but not stupid abuse! Slippers can verify these guys are legit and some of the RSO's are based in Bragg. As a Civi it doesn't get any more real. These guys know their Sh$t

alamo5000
Wow. That's a pretty awesome T&E.

Thompson
18 March 2015, 19:52
I'm in!

I'd love to throw some rounds down range with it. No rush though, just throw me in the list somewhere in the middle. Gotta give my Jack some love first [BD]

UWone77
18 March 2015, 19:52
I did one for a local board a few years back. It was pretty successful, but only got 5k rounds through it over 6 months or so.

Ride4frnt
18 March 2015, 19:55
I wanna see this thing put through its paces.

toolboxluis00200
18 March 2015, 19:59
i want to use it on a photo shot :P:P

SwissyJim
18 March 2015, 20:01
I'm in... if I get enough notice, I'll even sign up for a carbine course locally to run it thru. Wanted to sign up for one anyways...

Dstrbdmedic167
18 March 2015, 20:02
Is it irons on the rifle? Or any optics. Bc I'm no jerry Miculek! I have a vortex Vioer 6.5-20x50 I can pull of my RA 308 to use.

alamo5000
18 March 2015, 20:06
I did one for a local board a few years back. It was pretty successful, but only got 5k rounds through it over 6 months or so.

It's a great idea. Thank you for getting it going. I wished we all lived closer to each other.

I think it would be fun to have an ongoing test to just shoot the holy living crap out of a gun. To me any gun/barrel/bolt that could stand up to that kind of test would automatically get bonus points to some degree.

I am personally not a heavy shooter... I would be a heavy shooter but I try to be judicious with my money and ammo is just expensive. When the weather is halfway decent I normally shoot one or two times a week. Maybe 2 or 3 mags at a time...That's far from hard use. I also have to spread the love amongst all the pistols and shotguns... and other stuff I have.

UWone77
18 March 2015, 20:07
I'm in... if I get enough notice, I'll even sign up for a carbine course locally to run it thru. Wanted to sign up for one anyways...

Jim, you're in for sure.

Is it irons on the rifle? Or any optics. Bc I'm no jerry Miculek! I have a vortex Vioer 6.5-20x50 I can pull of my RA 308 to use.

I had toyed with putting the PA 1-6x on it, but I think that would just be too much to evaluate at once. It will come with a set of BUIS.

GOST
18 March 2015, 20:08
I want to see a pic of DSTRBD riding it like a pony.

Dstrbdmedic167
18 March 2015, 20:09
Jim, you're in for sure.

I had toyed with putting the PA 1-6x on it, but I think that would just be too much to evaluate at once. It will come with a set of BUIS.

Well for the class mentioned I'm mounting said optic. I'll probably take another class and just run irons. I'm gonna do my best to make sure Slippers can run it at the same time. Kind of a 2fer!

Dstrbdmedic167
18 March 2015, 20:09

Anything is possible [BD]

GOST
18 March 2015, 20:12
Anything is possible [BD]

This will be the desktop on many devices.

Dstrbdmedic167
18 March 2015, 20:19
[:D]
This will be the desktop on many devices.

I'll PM you!

Txfilmmaker
18 March 2015, 20:25
I would not have the time, but I think it is pretty cool that the opportunity exists and some of you guys get to participate.

GOST
18 March 2015, 20:28
[:D]

I'll PM you!

Ride beat you to it, your and Jason's pics made my day.

Dstrbdmedic167
18 March 2015, 20:32
Ride beat you to it, your and Jason's pics made my day.

HAHA glad I'm giving and not receiving!

CK 187
19 March 2015, 09:59
Also I think the most interesting thing for me will be shooting it as a lefty and it lacking a deflector.

Same boat as me!

CK 187
19 March 2015, 10:00
I don't think i'm worthy of a fine piece like that

Slippers
19 March 2015, 11:19

How about a video? I'm bringing a gopro for the upcoming range day where I get to see this rifle. :)

Naytwan
19 March 2015, 11:22
Man, wish I could say I'm in. The laws in this state are stupid. It would be to much of a hassle for me to join in. Texas keeps looked better every day.

Pyzik
19 March 2015, 11:48
How do I keep missing awesome threads like this? I always click "new posts"... LOL.

I'm not scheduled for a carbine class this year as of yet. Probably only pistol classes for me this year.
If it's still in circulation in 2016 though, I'll more than likely be lined up for another carbine class. I would rock it.

Dstrbdmedic167
19 March 2015, 11:51
How do I keep missing awesome threads like this? I always click "new posts"... LOL.

I'm not scheduled for a carbine class this year as of yet. Probably only pistol classes for me this year.
If it's still in circulation in 2016 though, I'll more than likely be lined up for another carbine class. I would rock it.

Funny you bring that up I wish we had a timeline tab on the PC like tapatalk has. It helps me keep up with things

Pyzik
19 March 2015, 11:55
Funny you bring that up I wish we had a timeline tab on the PC like tapatalk has. It helps me keep up with things
Same here.

GaSwamper
19 March 2015, 13:57
This is great UW! I would love to get to fondle one of the Dahmer sets but pretty soon I'm gone be busier than I already am since I volunteered to be a founder and tester for the 7mm Valkerie. This is a huge opportunity though to get hands on a high end rifle, If everything goes smooth with the 7VAR maybe I can throw my hat in for this later in the year.

GOST
19 March 2015, 14:11
How about a video? I'm bringing a gopro for the upcoming range day where I get to see this rifle. :)

Definitely, video is always better.

Slippers
19 March 2015, 14:24
I don't know if the next person to T&E it will really want it... hee hee!

velocity2006
19 March 2015, 14:39
I would be down to do some video of it. Have a GoPro Hero 3+ Black and a Nikon that will both do 1080p at 60 frames and produce good commercial quality footage. Also drone capable of aerial footage, though I am not sure how that would fit in with a product review video.

Former11B
19 March 2015, 18:03
I'm not sure if I count as established but my wife had a kickass camera (better than my iPotato) and I have a lot of ammo and am working on a 0-300yd range on 20 acres of family land. Hopefully done by summer. I already measured the lane with GIS Mapping at work

Stone
19 March 2015, 19:17
Is it just the angle of the picture or does it seem like the EMR will interfere with locking the BCG to the rear??

UWone77
19 March 2015, 20:20
Is it just the angle of the picture or does it seem like the EMR will interfere with locking the BCG to the rear??

It's tight.

Dstrbdmedic167
19 March 2015, 20:21
It's tight.

So many jokes... 😜

JGifford
19 March 2015, 21:05
I would like pictures of the upper where the CH interfaces with the latch area at 5k round intervals...

UWone77
19 March 2015, 21:21
I would like pictures of the upper where the CH interfaces with the latch area at 5k round intervals...

I've been working the CH in the office constantly, have about 500 right now. I was going to take a pic around the 1k mark.

cjd3
19 March 2015, 23:20

Jim, If you get it, give me a holler, I've give it the wrong handed treatment at the range with you.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 April 2015, 21:56
Well Since everyone had a good laugh at my expense tonight id thought id share this...

Here is the Youtube vids of the training facility me an Slippers will be testing the rifle at as soon as I get it! Long range Competition is set for April 12th! Watch the vids and enjoy these huys are bases just outside of Fayetteville, which is where Ft. Bragg is and most RCO's are either former or current Militaty!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=recondo+operations+group

Dstrbdmedic167
7 April 2015, 12:56
Got the rifle in today! I'll do a formal "post" on my initial impression with pics later tonight. Also shot a mag through in the yard for fun. I'll leave you with two words from that. "It's LOUD!" More to come...

toolboxluis00200
7 April 2015, 13:21
can not wait cool

Dstrbdmedic167
7 April 2015, 19:37
So initial impressions...

The lower is Kickass. That is work of art as I'd expect from Dahmer Arms. The line are as smooth as John's Audi R8[BD]. The upper is something i will try my best to keep an open mind on but as a Lefty its not promising. One mag in and I already had 4-5 shells hit me in the cheek. Good note on that is the brass is ejecting properly but I may have to run my brass catcher on it to keep from getting a face full of shells.

The VG6 Epsilon is LOUD! I had my normal plugs in that have served me well until now. I will need some muffs for sure. Probably gonna pick some up tomorrow from amazon.

From the few rounds I have shot the rifle I like it overall! I really like the High Velocity Arms Mag release. It is great for a lefty like me/ In fact I have one that will be going on my Umbrella lower. I will put a scope on it thurday or Saturday and get it sighted in for the long range competition on Sunday that me and Slippers will be attending. He will run it as well so he can add his perspective. So i will update with pics and video next week after the class and will also update with the groups I get sighting it in.

Stay tuned... But here's a pic for now... More to come on those as well. (and yes I modified a Hexmag to work with a magpod)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/07/a59d6a2ab3568a00b544fbb1b16a528f.jpg

GOST
7 April 2015, 19:47
If you think the Epsilon is loud, consider how loud it is on Ride's SBR.

Dstrbdmedic167
7 April 2015, 19:49

I could only imagine... Although I have come quite custom to shooting suppressed and that has changed my perception of loud...

Ride4frnt
7 April 2015, 20:15

What did you say? I can't hear you!

UWone77
7 April 2015, 20:40

Maybe it if was on upside down, you could hear...[BD]

Dstrbdmedic167
7 April 2015, 20:41
Maybe it if was on upside down, you could hear...[BD]

Tried it... Didn't work...

UWone77
7 April 2015, 20:44
Tried it... Didn't work...

Well what did you expect from a dual port brake?

If you have to shoot a brake, I really like the Epsilon. The recoil is straight and back into the pocket of your shoulder. I wouldn't complain if VG6 collaborated with a suppressor manufacturer to incorporate a 51T like BC did.

Ride4frnt
7 April 2015, 20:44
Dammit I'm gonna need to back my epsilon off a half turn. It's kinda like a suppressor...

Dstrbdmedic167
7 April 2015, 20:46
Well what did you expect from a dual port brake?

If you have to shoot a brake, I really like the Epsilon. The recoil is straight and back into the pocket of your shoulder. I wouldn't complain if VG6 collaborated with a suppressor manufacturer to incorporate a 51T like BC did.

It's not unexpected but was more than anticipated I suppose. Guess it's just been a while since I shot a rifle unsuppressed...

That would be awesome wouldn't it! I know I'd be in for one or three...

GOST
7 April 2015, 20:53
I'd like to see Jayden team up with SilencerCo.

Txfilmmaker
7 April 2015, 21:50
So initial impressions...

The lower is Kickass. That is work of art as I'd expect from Dahmer Arms. The line are as smooth as John's Audi R8[BD]. The upper is something i will try my best to keep an open mind on but as a Lefty its not promising. One mag in and I already had 4-5 shells hit me in the cheek. Good note on that is the brass is ejecting properly but I may have to run my brass catcher on it to keep from getting a face full of shells.

The VG6 Epsilon is LOUD! I had my normal plugs in that have served me well until now. I will need some muffs for sure. Probably gonna pick some up tomorrow from amazon.

Would a Lantac Dragon be just as loud? They appear to have a similar design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ride4frnt
7 April 2015, 21:56
Would a Lantac Dragon be just as loud? They appear to have a similar design.

It's all relative. Yes it's going to be loud. Will it seem as loud to you as someone else? That's for you to figure out. The dragon is a sweet device, and I wouldn't sweat it too bad. It's a gun. Unless you're shooting suppressed, they're all gonna be "loud"

DutyUse
7 April 2015, 22:20
There about the same Tx, maybe slightly more on the Lantac. I shoot with double ears tho, so it's mostly just blast that's annoying to me.

toolboxluis00200
7 April 2015, 22:47

que??

SwissyJim
8 April 2015, 11:10
I'm in... if I get enough notice, I'll even sign up for a carbine course locally to run it thru. Wanted to sign up for one anyways...Jim, you're in for sure.

I would like to withdraw my name from this T&E for now... I've been looking at training classes and none jib with my work/fishing schedule (so far)

I'd hate to get it and just go 'plink' with it at the range...

UWone77
8 April 2015, 11:42
I would like to withdraw my name from this T&E for now... I've been looking at training classes and none jib with my work/fishing schedule (so far)

I'd hate to get it and just go 'plink' with it at the range...

We're all about plinking... [:D]

toolboxluis00200
8 April 2015, 12:24
can i join the list i will have some ammo and i have a buddy that dose 3 guns i can take it to his even and let him run it

Pyzik
8 April 2015, 12:46
Moar pics too!

Dstrbdmedic167
8 April 2015, 12:47
Moar pics too!

I'm working on it. That full time job and family tend to get in the way...

Pyzik
8 April 2015, 12:52
I'm working on it. That full time job and family tend to get in the way...

I hear ya. I'm in the same boat.
It's mostly the wife... "Are you taking pictures of guns again!? You're so weird." hahahaha

toolboxluis00200
8 April 2015, 12:57
It's mostly the wife... "Are you taking pictures of guns again!? You're so weird." hahahaha

lol

Txfilmmaker
8 April 2015, 21:20
It's all relative. Yes it's going to be loud. Will it seem as loud to you as someone else? That's for you to figure out. The dragon is a sweet device, and I wouldn't sweat it too bad. It's a gun. Unless you're shooting suppressed, they're all gonna be "loud"

And every one next to me (in class) will be shooting muzzle brakes. I saw (heard) that at a class where I was shooting video.

Computalotapus
9 April 2015, 05:14

haha Christina is like "How am I supposed to put my makeup on when you have guns laying all over my vanity?"

Txfilmmaker
9 April 2015, 05:25
haha Christina is like "How am I supposed to put my makeup on when you have guns laying all over my vanity?"

Nice problem to have. :-) 👍

Dstrbdmedic167
9 April 2015, 06:31
Here's the business end of the rifle showing of the VG6 Epsilon.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/09/90f18ccf0a69e6861763cb97ecd1c9c8.jpg

BoilerUp
9 April 2015, 09:31
We're all about plinking... [:D]

If the rifle is still in, or makes its way back to WA, I'd love to have the opportunity to run some rounds through it. Maybe even meet another local member out at the range in Ravensdale...

Dstrbdmedic167
9 April 2015, 09:39
If the rifle is still in, or makes its way back to WA, I'd love to have the opportunity to run some rounds through it. Maybe even meet another local member out at the range in Ravensdale...

It's a little ways away from Ravensdale. 2915 miles to be exact lol. I'm sure it'll head back that way at some point before too long.

toolboxluis00200
9 April 2015, 10:17
Here's the business end of the rifle showing of the VG6 Epsilon.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/09/90f18ccf0a69e6861763cb97ecd1c9c8.jpg

to be hones that looks cool very aggressive

toolboxluis00200
9 April 2015, 10:18
Nice problem to have. :-) 👍

lol

toolboxluis00200
9 April 2015, 10:19
And every one next to me (in class) will be shooting muzzle brakes. I saw (heard) that at a class where I was shooting video.

that be cool to see that lol

GOST
9 April 2015, 10:28
Luis I see your back to not using the multi-quotes icon.

toolboxluis00200
9 April 2015, 10:34
Luis I see your back to not using the multi-quotes icon.

i just woke up i am still under medication :(

Txfilmmaker
9 April 2015, 11:09
I hope you feel better soon.

toolboxluis00200
9 April 2015, 11:22
I hope you feel better soon.

thanks when i get up is all fuzzy
stupid antibiotics

Dstrbdmedic167
9 April 2015, 13:17
So let me take a poll. Competition/class is Sunday and I'm torn on which scope to run on it. It will be 100yd hostage shots, moving targets and random shots up to 600yds. I can't make my mind up so I thought with this Being a T&E I'd "poll" everyone. Below are the choices I could to use.

1) Bushnell 1-4x24 Throwdown
2) Bushnell 3-12x40
3) Vortex Viper PA 6.5-20x50.

I'm leaning toward #3 but input is appreciated.

Pyzik
9 April 2015, 13:21
Since I have #1 I vote that so you can tell me how it worked at 600... haha.

Dstrbdmedic167
9 April 2015, 13:22
Since I have #1 I vote that so you can tell me how it worked at 600... haha.

Haha funny. I'm just throwing out what's available. The viper will come of the 308 but it's not a big deal there. I already borrowed the trigger lol

GOST
9 April 2015, 13:33
I vote number 2, but I'm even more for you buying this.

http://www.valdada.com/1-10x26-35mm-sf-dual-reticules-dual-digi-illumination/

Dstrbdmedic167
9 April 2015, 13:34
I vote number 2, but I'm even more for you buying this.

http://www.valdada.com/1-10x26-35mm-sf-dual-reticules-dual-digi-illumination/

You buy it I'll run it. 😜

GOST
9 April 2015, 13:40
My pockets aren't as deep as yours.[:D]

Dstrbdmedic167
9 April 2015, 13:44
My pockets aren't as deep as yours.[:D]

Perception is a wonderful thing...

GOST
9 April 2015, 13:49
You're fooling no one.

Dstrbdmedic167
9 April 2015, 13:50
You're fooling no one.

Fooling you and ride apparently....😜

toolboxluis00200
9 April 2015, 14:34
I like the idea #1. is more of my liking

Computalotapus
9 April 2015, 15:36
Be a real man and iron sight it

Dstrbdmedic167
9 April 2015, 15:37
Be a real man and iron sight it

1- I don't have any. And two I can't see 100 with irons I know I couldn't at 600

Ride4frnt
9 April 2015, 15:47
All that money on rifles and the man don't even have back up sights.

Dstrbdmedic167
9 April 2015, 15:49
All that money on rifles and the man don't even have back up sights.

I just go with what ever is on it. I'm not near any type of situation Id need them.

UWone77
9 April 2015, 15:53
All that money on rifles and the man only has an Anderson Lower.

Fixed it for you.

Dstrbdmedic167
9 April 2015, 15:53
Fixed it for you.

Bwhahahahahaha I have tears from that one. Hilarious!!

toolboxluis00200
9 April 2015, 15:55
Fixed it for you.

hahahahahhaah

Ride4frnt
9 April 2015, 15:56
Fixed it for you.

That's alright. I'm fine with what I've got.

GOST
9 April 2015, 16:35
Hey after stamp and fees, that's at least a $270 Anderson. With another $100 he could have a DSTRBD lower.

Dstrbdmedic167
9 April 2015, 16:37
Hey after stamp and fees, that's at least a $270 Anderson. With another $100 he could have a DSTRBD lower.

That's right. I think I need a SE lower from San Tan or CMT lol. My(your) logo would look sweet on the side.

Ride4frnt
9 April 2015, 17:12

Right, and for $275, stamp included, it performs exactly how it's supposed to, with no complaints.

Dstrbdmedic167
10 April 2015, 05:02
Dat Dahmer arms though...

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/10/8bd99b4d7b79346dd9e27032344005f8.jpg

Pyzik
10 April 2015, 09:19
Right, and for $275, stamp included, it performs exactly how it's supposed to, with no complaints.

Hey, my pistol was built on a PSA blem and it works just fine.

UWone77
10 April 2015, 09:33
Hey, my pistol was built on a PSA blem and it works just fine.

I can't hear you guys from my Clydesdale. [:D]

Pyzik
10 April 2015, 09:40
Hahaha, that's cause I'm trying to yell up from my Shetland Pony. :D

toolboxluis00200
10 April 2015, 10:01

lol good reference

GOST
10 April 2015, 10:33
We pics of you guys on your ponies.[:D]

SINNER
10 April 2015, 10:36
Lowers are lowers until you get into ambi features. I know one thing is I have had 10 times the fitment issues with billet lowers compared to forged.

GOST
10 April 2015, 10:46
Makes you wonder which lower is now on the UW hit list... Hodge AU-MOD 2?

GOST
10 April 2015, 10:48
Lowers are lowers until you get into ambi features. I know one thing is I have had 10 times the fitment issues with billet lowers compared to forged.

Have to agree with most that MEGA is the most consistent fit and finish I've seen from a manufacturer.

Pyzik
10 April 2015, 10:55
We pics of you guys on your ponies.[:D]

They wouldn't let me in to see UW. :(

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m42dhlf3Ka1qzya49o1_500.jpg

GOST
10 April 2015, 11:05
They wouldn't let me in to see UW. :(

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m42dhlf3Ka1qzya49o1_500.jpg

Them damn Clydesdales!

UWone77
10 April 2015, 12:10

Lowers are Lowers, until they are out of spec. Just put together a mega that had to go back... everyone puts out a lemon.

I just love giving Ride shit because he braced himself, even before he announced he was getting an Anderson!

Computalotapus
10 April 2015, 12:30
I have mag fitment issues with the NTD set I have. Gotta shave Gen 2 Pmags so they fall free.

Ride4frnt
10 April 2015, 13:01
Hey, when you live in a very anti gun state, you gotta take what you can get. It was either Anderson or over pay for anything else. Next set will be San Tan or CMT full set I think.

Eta: it still hurts though that I was screwed out of that San tan by shitty legislation.

Pyzik
10 April 2015, 13:07
Hey, when you live in a very anti gun state, you gotta take what you can get. It was either Anderson or over pay for anything else. Next set will be San Tan or CMT full set I think.

Eta: it still hurts though that I was screwed out of that San tan by shitty legislation.
That would still sting if it were me.

SINNER
10 April 2015, 13:22
Lowers are Lowers, until they are out of spec. Just put together a mega that had to go back... everyone puts out a lemon.

I just love giving Ride shit because he braced himself, even before he announced he was getting an Anderson!

If you sell enough products mistakes will happen. How they handle it is what makes the difference.

docsherm
10 April 2015, 15:51
I would be willing to test this out and do some head to head comparisons with several very similar set ups I have built from other brands.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 07:27
Getting ready to go sight it in for tomorrow. Going with the 3-12 bushnell. I'll throw up a few cell pics in a few.

GOST
11 April 2015, 07:37
Pony pic required.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 08:43
So I'm definitely stuck between a rock and a hard place. Got a call from my mother who says let's all go to the beach today and comeback tomorrow, my treat. Kids and all... Of course the long range comp is tomorrow and I've paid the $100 fee for it. I'm sure the owner will allow me to credit it but I also feel like I owe it to you guys to run the rifle tomorrow. Really torn.... (pulls what's left of hair out lol)

SwissyJim
11 April 2015, 08:53
Well, for me - family comes first. The range will be there, we all can wait for another day because you don't owe us diddly. I say go have a blast with the family. My .02¢ worth, for what it's worth

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 08:57
Well, for me - family comes first. The range will be there, we all can wait for another day. I say go have a blast with the family. My .02¢, worth for what it's worth

Thanks. I guess it shouldn't be a question but still not the way I like to do things. There are some classes in maybe can hit up. I'm just not sure If Slippers can attend them with me. Although I can probably get with him at some point soon. I just don't like saying I'm doing something and then don't I guess.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 08:57
I'll still have time to get it sighted in at least

UWone77
11 April 2015, 09:11
I'll still have time to get it sighted in at least

Sounds like a good compromise.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 09:13
Sounds like a good compromise.

Thanks I'm Setting up now

Slippers
11 April 2015, 09:21
Always welcome to come shoot with me at Woodys. I don't know how often I can get to Recondo since my wife hates giving up a weekend day.

I'd definitely go to the beach with family. :)

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 09:22
Always welcome to come shoot with me at Woodys. I don't know how often I can get to Recondo since my wife hates giving up a weekend day.

I'd definitely go to the beach with family. :)

Well we may can do that. I'm off Monday, Tuesday and Thursday next week. Give me a shout and let me know what works for you if it's during the week.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 09:50
This was me doing 3 shot groups sighting in on a magpod. Shooting three shots and adjusting. Thai is where I am at the moment. 50 yard shots. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/11/5e21046808cc0328646a5d00ac0e299a.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 09:52
Quick cell pic.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/11/7ba5835b32e6e45f4196ab9bf7322750.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 09:57
4 shots with called flyer at the bottom. I really like this barrel!
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/11/45b080787760b299ee32b51fa44087f1.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 10:19
The above was 50 yards this was at 100 yards.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/11/c3d91103cb6f487177123764009e8c17.jpg

UWone77
11 April 2015, 10:21
Bulk ammo?

That FN CHF barrel likes to under promise, and over deliver. Nice!

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 10:25
Bulk ammo?

That FN CHF barrel likes to under promise, and over deliver. Nice!

Bulk reloads of mine. I have zero testing on it. I do an average of 10 on my powder drop. As long as it's within book limits I roll with it. It's no better than any bulk you can buy in the store.

For a magpod on a table as you can see that isn't even 100% sturdy. It's great. I'm sure I could get a little bit tighter group but that would take a sled and hours of reloading. I'm happy.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/11/340b536a9900944d0c0617a57bf58bab.jpg

UWone77
11 April 2015, 10:32
Try to keep a rough on-going round count if you don't mind.

Nice shooting... looks like she'll be a keeper.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 10:35
Try to keep a rough on-going round count if you don't mind.

Nice shooting... looks like she'll be a keeper.

Will do I'm at 100 right now. Had a few double feeds on every mag thus far. I will contribute it to my ammo. I'll pick up a box of "decent" ammo and see how it does then. Thanks again UW. I really like this rifle. It's gonna hurt sending this back bi already know it lol.

UWone77
11 April 2015, 10:42
Will do I'm at 100 right now. Had a few double feeds on every mag thus far. I will contribute it to my ammo. I'll pick up a box of "decent" ammo and see how it does then. Thanks again UW. I really like this rifle. It's gonna hurt sending this back bi already know it lol.

Sounds about right with handloads... LOL. Just shot some handloaded 300 subs yesterday, and every one of those rounds short stroked. The Dahmer gun only got 5 rounds of test fired factory ammo. No issues at that time. Interested to see what happens when you shoot a box of factory ammo through it.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 10:57
Sounds about right with handloads... LOL. Just shot some handloaded 300 subs yesterday, and every one of those rounds short stroked. The Dahmer gun only got 5 rounds of test fired factory ammo. No issues at that time. Interested to see what happens when you shoot a box of factory ammo through it.

I'm gonna try to do it first of the week and see. I normally have an adj gas block in all my rifles. It may make the difference with my ammo. Either way I really like it and it's definitely a keeper.

Slippers
11 April 2015, 11:35
I need to verify my schedule but if we get together this week we can run some of my nosler 77 loads through it and see how it does out to 550 yards. Probably Thursday, if the weather looks decent.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 11:36
I need to verify my schedule but if we get together this week we can run some of my nosler 77 loads through it and see how it does out to 550 yards. Probably Thursday, if the weather looks decent.

Sounds like a plan to me.

UWone77
11 April 2015, 11:39

Next time I'm in NC, I'm hanging out with you Will. [:D]

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 11:39

I see how it is. Lol

UWone77
11 April 2015, 11:48
I see how it is. Lol

I would hope so by now... [:D]

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 11:49
I would hope so by now... [:D]

:brr: did you guys feel that cold shoulder or was it just me. 😜

alamo5000
11 April 2015, 13:49
:brr: did you guys feel that cold shoulder or was it just me. 😜

It wasn't that cold. Last I checked you got one heck of a rifle there bro. [:D]

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 13:50
It wasn't that cold. Last I checked you got one heck of a rifle there bro. [:D]

I'm just ribbing him as he says lol

alamo5000
11 April 2015, 13:52
I'm just ribbing him as he says lol

If he can dish it he can take it... that's my motto. As they say in the hood, "don't bring none don't get none"... LOL

Dstrbdmedic167
11 April 2015, 13:53
If he can dish it he can take it... that's my motto. As they say in the hood, "don't bring none don't get none"... LOL

Last time I worked in the hood all I heard was "shots fired."

Slippers
11 April 2015, 19:45

Sounds good. We have a spare bedroom for you, and we're only 25 mins from the airport. :)

Dstrbdmedic167
12 April 2015, 07:56
Obligatory beach pic....

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/12/1877af416ef8d8649840db044e329b67.jpg

toolboxluis00200
12 April 2015, 09:58
[BD]

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x151/toolboxluis/dayatthebeach1of1-4.jpg (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/toolboxluis/media/dayatthebeach1of1-4.jpg.html)

Slippers
12 April 2015, 17:50
Obligatory beach pic....

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/12/1877af416ef8d8649840db044e329b67.jpg

You made the right choice. Things went really slow today. 9 shooters showed up, had a bunch of no-shows (besides you) :)

Some stages were very...3-gun ish, or tactical. Others were precision. You really needed two rifles.

First was a simple 5 round group at 100, smallest group in the X got max points, then down the list.

Next was a 9 hole drill on the barrier. Fastest time, unlimited shots on steel plates at 100.

Then a 5 shot stage based around an SUV. 1st shot in the trunk out the window, then corner, underneath, hood, corner. Couple people shot the car.

On the short course, last stage was a mover, pulled back and forth randomly at 40 yards, only head shots counted. I switched to my 11.5 and a red dot and shot kneeling. Watching guys use a 6.5mm creedmoor prone trying to move a bipod around was interesting.

Long range was next. From a static position we had to shoot 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 yard plates. Unlimited ammo. Can't move on to the next plate until you hit the closer ones, etc.

Then a 300 yard paper group.

Then back to 600 for another paper group.

And finally a mystery target at ~700 yards worth 30 points if you hit it, or -30 if you miss it, one shot only.

I finished 5th and won a concealed carry class, but I messed up my 300 yard group by accidentally using the wrong hold over for the first two shots. Otherwise I would have been 3rd. The 100-600 wasn't bad, hit each target to 500 with one shot, then it took me 3 shots to hit the 600. Windy day.

Fun, but very long, and lots of down time due to the paper target scoring and limited number of shooters. The pistol competition was made separate since some people had to leave (like me).

Dstrbdmedic167
12 April 2015, 17:53
Sounds like it would have been a good time overall. I try to keep in mind he's growing and for the price overall it's hard to beat. Thanks for letting me know. Shoot me a line and let me know when and where Thursday if that still works.

alamo5000
12 April 2015, 18:02
You made the right choice. Things went really slow today. 9 shooters showed up, had a bunch of no-shows (besides you) :)

Some stages were very...3-gun ish, or tactical. Others were precision. You really needed two rifles.

First was a simple 5 round group at 100, smallest group in the X got max points, then down the list.

Next was a 9 hole drill on the barrier. Fastest time, unlimited shots on steel plates at 100.

Then a 5 shot stage based around an SUV. 1st shot in the trunk out the window, then corner, underneath, hood, corner. Couple people shot the car.

On the short course, last stage was a mover, pulled back and forth randomly at 40 yards, only head shots counted. I switched to my 11.5 and a red dot and shot kneeling. Watching guys use a 6.5mm creedmoor prone trying to move a bipod around was interesting.

Long range was next. From a static position we had to shoot 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 yard plates. Unlimited ammo. Can't move on to the next plate until you hit the closer ones, etc.

Then a 300 yard paper group.

Then back to 600 for another paper group.

And finally a mystery target at ~700 yards worth 30 points if you hit it, or -30 if you miss it, one shot only.

I finished 5th and won a concealed carry class, but I messed up my 300 yard group by accidentally using the wrong hold over for the first two shots. Otherwise I would have been 3rd. The 100-600 wasn't bad, hit each target to 500 with one shot, then it took me 3 shots to hit the 600. Windy day.

Fun, but very long, and lots of down time due to the paper target scoring and limited number of shooters. The pistol competition was made separate since some people had to leave (like me).

What in the hell kind of course or class was all that in? It sounds like a lot of fun to be honest.

Dstrbdmedic167
12 April 2015, 18:04
What in the hell kind of course or class was all that in? It sounds like a lot of fun to be honest.

Long rang competition. Search Recondo operations group on YouTube. You can see some vids of the courses they run. Great people and it's still up and coming so they don't charge an exuberant amount for courses/classes.

Dstrbdmedic167
12 April 2015, 18:33
Belly of the beast!
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/12/294abe3a1fc063d9f462de85a1831c9a.jpg

alamo5000
12 April 2015, 18:56
Long rang competition. Search Recondo operations group on YouTube. You can see some vids of the courses they run. Great people and it's still up and coming so they don't charge an exuberant amount for courses/classes.

I will check it out. We have places where we can shoot all over the place around here but getting out to those ranges is rare. There is a club about 35 miles from my house that I can join for $750 a year (they will pro rate it if you join later on in the year)... I don't know if that's expensive or not. They have pistol ranges, shotgun ranges, 500 yard rifle ranges, and a 1000 yard lane. They host competitions and stuff every now and then from what I understand.

I have a couple of other places lined up to go shoot that are a lot closer and a lot cheaper... cheaper as in free :) Once I get my reloads all up to snuff I am definitely going to test the legs on my AR. The first place I am going to has more turf than I have AR15 for sure. I have half a mind to break out the 300WM and go for it when I go there. Pretty much the guy is loaded. He has a range marked off in the back pasture out to 1,400 yards. All I can say about that is 'it must be nice'. It's definitely good to be rich.

I am also cruising the neighborhood and looking to see if I can find other potentials as well. At the one place I mentioned before I can go for it and not really bother anyone so that's where I am going first for sure. I want to take a few hundred rounds when I go so I have my work cut out for me.

SwissyJim
12 April 2015, 19:26
Holy Shitsnacks! We need that up here - everything is close, basic and boring! Even if I sucked (Which I would) that would be FUN.

Dstrbdmedic167
12 April 2015, 19:28
Holy Shitsnacks! We need that up here - everything is close, basic and boring! Even if I sucked (Which I would) that would be FUN.

I think a good portion that helps is these guys are a few miles from Ft. Bragg and are legit! Owner is retired and knows his stuff. Makes a difference in my book. Said above class was only $100.

GOST
12 April 2015, 19:36
Recondo sounds fun. You guys should post some information about Recondo in the Training section.

Dstrbdmedic167
12 April 2015, 19:37
I'll post some links in the next day or so. I'm sure i'd mess something right at the moment lol.

Dstrbdmedic167
21 April 2015, 07:48
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/21/d7ac2cecef268f99603c3f99a8255f0d.jpg

Fun times ahead! Me and Slippers are at the range! Will update as I can!

Pyzik
21 April 2015, 08:20
Looks like WAY more fun than I'm having right now!

Slippers
21 April 2015, 12:55
Was a great time. James brought quite a few pistols, too. We were ringing steel at 550 with the T&E rifle, no problem. Also got to shoot his Glock 43, VP9, and cute little M&P22 with a Warlock. I want to buy all three, and a .22 can now. :)

He's still on the road driving home, but I'm sure he'll comment and post some pictures when he gets settled.

Dstrbdmedic167
21 April 2015, 13:35
It was an absolute blast and Will is a great guy! I'll update with pics and an updated impression as well. Hoping will does the same later this evening.

Stone
21 April 2015, 14:26
Didn't notice it before but I guess Dahmer arms isn't a big fan of ejection port covers.

Slippers
21 April 2015, 14:49
Didn't notice it before but I guess Dahmer arms isn't a big fan of ejection port covers.

Nor are they fans of south paws. James' shoulder is the deflector. :)

Dstrbdmedic167
21 April 2015, 14:50
Nor are they fans of south paws. James' shoulder is the deflector. :)

That or my cheek. Just depends on how it close it is lol.

Dstrbdmedic167
21 April 2015, 20:06
Not the t&e but cool none the less from today!
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/21/f816705b08e9458abb1730f11dbfef18.jpg

Slippers
21 April 2015, 21:07
I think round count on the T&E was:

40 rounds of my nosler 77gr loads (22.9gr tac, cci #41, cbc 5.56 brass)
20 rounds of wolf gold 55gr
20 rounds of tula steel 55gr
40-60? rounds of James' 55gr loads

It shoots really well, and it's easy to self spot because there's very little recoil. However, that comes at a price. The VG6 brake on it has massive concussion. Too bad the CAGE was waiting at home for James and didn't come yesterday, because we definitely needed it. I doubled up on earpro, and it was still uncomfortable to be around.

I think that's what brought out the Arcus and suppressors. The range also started getting busy, so it was difficult to hear the steel ringing down range over multiple shots along the line.

mustangfreek
22 April 2015, 00:59
Rifles look good and looks and sounds like a good time..

Dstrbdmedic167
22 April 2015, 18:40
Here is some pics from yesterday meeting up with Will and letting him run the T&E as well as some of my other goodies. Overall I'm still very happy with the way the rifle is functioning. Any issues has been contributed to my ammo. I've tailored my ammo with suppressed shooting and with adj. blocks in mind. I did experience my first real Problem yesterday. I went to shoot my 12.5'' SBR and the first time I pulled the trigger it did a 3 round burst. [wow] Checked again and did the same. Figured out it is either the KNS pins, Dis-connector or hammer. The trigger is a QMS from ALG.

Anyway overall rifle is still running great and seems to be getting better as we go. We were shooting steel at 300 yards with so much ease we upped it to 550 yards. Did that with no problem even with a 10-15 MPH wind gust with a min of 5 at all times. We went from Wills 77gr ammo to my 55gr and then some box ammo. All did the 550 with ease. Will was even good enough to hit the 550 with 55gr Tula. My biggest complaint was and still is the concussion and loudness the VG6 has. I will say that its just a brake in general not just the VG6 I've ran a few rounds in the yard with the cage it it helps ALOT. Looking forward to getting with will again soon before I send the T&E back.. :(

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%2010_zpspgb1iwrp.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%208_zpsggtx8ats.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%209_zpsjj6a1yga.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%204_zpskvggekmw.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%207_zpsfmoubx69.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
22 April 2015, 18:42
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%203_zpsfubqrfbs.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%206_zpslxdz2n7c.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%205_zpsdst3s05n.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%202_zpsv8i2wfcd.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%201_zpsvhuhdie1.jpg

alamo5000
22 April 2015, 20:39
Lookin' good! Lookin' good!!!

toolboxluis00200
23 April 2015, 13:40
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%203_zpsfubqrfbs.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%206_zpslxdz2n7c.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%205_zpsdst3s05n.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%202_zpsv8i2wfcd.jpg
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Range%201_zpsvhuhdie1.jpg

nice pics man that looks so much fun i bet it was nice shooting suppress

Dstrbdmedic167
23 April 2015, 13:41
nice pics man that looks so much fun i bet it was nice shooting suppress

It's always nice shooting suppressed [:D]

toolboxluis00200
23 April 2015, 13:48
It's always nice shooting suppressed [:D]

yeah my right ear is getting worst i mite just have to go all suppress in all my stuff[:D][:D]

Slippers
23 April 2015, 14:16
I'd like to note James' nice shutter timing on the pic where I'm shooting my 11.5. Brass + shadow. :)

Luis, the only downside to suppressed shooting is how dirty everything gets. Even the magazines get all blackened up. Oh, and it doesn't help that you end up with a 500+ degree tube on the end of your barrel that will melt/burn everything it comes in contact with, including your skin!

toolboxluis00200
23 April 2015, 14:26
I'd like to note James' nice shutter timing on the pic where I'm shooting my 11.5. Brass + shadow. :)

Luis, the only downside to suppressed shooting is how dirty everything gets. Even the magazines get all blackened up. Oh, and it doesn't help that you end up with a 500+ degree tube on the end of your barrel that will melt/burn everything it comes in contact with, including your skin!

that is why you wrap bacon at the end of it lol

Dstrbdmedic167
23 April 2015, 14:48

Thanks the others would have turned out well if I ha remembered to turn it up. That was my first attempt at "action" shots.

Yea that's a big downside of suppression. Nasty nasty nasty

six8
23 April 2015, 15:47
Cool pics, James.

Dstrbdmedic167
23 April 2015, 16:13
Cool pics, James.

Thanks!

Dstrbdmedic167
2 May 2015, 05:05
On the way to a "tactical tune up" day at recondo. Running the T&E rifle and also threw the CAGE on it to see how it does as well. Taking the camera so I'll see if I can get some of the RSO's to run it and get some pics.

GOST
2 May 2015, 05:22
Been waiting to hear how the CAGE performs. I've got one but it'll be a little bit before I finish the rifle it's going on. Have a great day at Recondo brother.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 May 2015, 05:26
Been waiting to hear how the CAGE performs. I've got one but it'll be a little bit before I finish the rifle it's going on. Have a great day at Recondo brother.

Thanks I'm looking forward to it too. I have seen any of the "players" (ie Chris, Steve etc) of the game run one yet either. Looking forward to really running the rifle today as well.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 May 2015, 17:07
Just got home. Had a fun time and learned a lot. I'll try to get a video posted soon. I will say this was my first time even attempting any type of shooting or even scenario type shooting as you'll see in the video. A LOT of mistakes were made on my part of course. This course was designed to give you a glimpse of all the type of positions you can utilize while shooting.

Still had fun and learned a lot. Rifle itself performed well. I had some double feeds but they were the result of my ammo. I'm almost out of the ammo that I've had loaded so when I reload someone here soon I'll make sure it's loaded to work in this rifle. I'll post the video soon and a break down of the class tomorrow probably.

Also the cage performed very well and I noted a considerable difference vs before. I also ended up running about 300 rounds today so round count is around 600 now.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 May 2015, 18:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6Uye1MRYqHI

GOST
2 May 2015, 19:18
James I can't believe you're a Yankees fan.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 May 2015, 19:21
James I can't believe you're a Yankees fan.

Umm why do you say that? I'm not even a sports fan...

Slippers
2 May 2015, 19:33
Whoa, that's a bit more involved than I was lead to believe by the course description.

Also that video camera has some rolling shutter. Or that cable spool was really floppy.

GOST
2 May 2015, 19:34
Sorry thought it was a Yankees hat, not Umbrella. As much as you love umbrellas you need to atleast pretend to like sports.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 May 2015, 19:38
Whoa, that's a bit more involved than I was lead to believe by the course description.

Also that video camera has some rolling shutter. Or that cable spool was really floppy.

Yea it was a lot more then even I thought. We went over all the positions before lunch and after we starting doing fire teams and fire lines. It was also about 4pm when this was taken so I was starting to get tired. This was the 4th time we had done it all together, 1st time live fire.

YouTube did that to fix shakiness. Video was very shaky so it either have it shake like hell or have the spool move lol

Sorry thought it was a Yankees hat, not Umbrella. As much as you love umbrellas you need to atleast pretend to like sports.

Yea yea I'm good.

Slippers
2 May 2015, 19:48
I was a little freaked when the one guy was shooting under the vehicle and the other fellow got out of the car on the down-range side.

UWone77
2 May 2015, 19:49
I was a little freaked when the one guy was shooting under the vehicle and the other fellow got out of the car on the down-range side.

Yup...

Also unless I know the skills of the guys shooting from behind me, I'll pass.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 May 2015, 19:50

Yup...

Also unless I know the skills of the guys shooting from behind me, I'll pass.

We went over that a lot. Once the driver yelled moving we ceased fire until he yelled set.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 May 2015, 20:09
Just realized the full video didn't upload. Dang it YouTube. I'm uploading the full video now. Grrr

BoilerUp
2 May 2015, 21:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6Uye1MRYqHI

This training seems to be taking risks that really aren't necessary for civilians who aren't going to be operating together. Sorry, but NFW I'm doing that with guys I just met.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 May 2015, 21:09
This training seems to be taking risks that really aren't necessary for civilians who aren't going to be operating together. Sorry, but NFW I'm doing that with guys I just met.

To each their own. I had no issues doing what I did today. No one forced anyone to do so and he asked before each drill if we wanted to. Funny thing is his lawyer actually shoots with is too. Everyone was great and never once did I feel unsafe or out of place. I can see that side of the coin for sure but I don't thing things got unsafe at any point.

mustangfreek
3 May 2015, 01:23

Oh..well while your sending me that other package, ill keep that CAGE nice and warm for ya and break it in..:)

Umm why do you say that? I'm not even a sports fan...

Lol..

No sports...what...[BD]

Dstrbdmedic167
3 May 2015, 05:16
Full video YouTube didn't upload the whole than the first time. Just more amusement for you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5ar-KkV4Gm0

Eric
3 May 2015, 06:59
I had some double feeds but they were the result of my ammo. If you had a true double feed (two live rounds trying to feed into the chamber at the same time) it's just about always the magazine.

Dstrbdmedic167
3 May 2015, 18:02
Here's a few pics of me from the R.O.G Facebook page from yesterday.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/03/232171ee8f2c8c850506856567ac2350.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/03/845f77f09f7f133c788d8e9b3a4e498e.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/03/bb03a8cdd486e399c9199ed6069a10c1.jpg

GOST
3 May 2015, 18:08
If you had a true double feed (two live rounds trying to feed into the chamber at the same time) it's just about always the magazine.

I was thinking the same thing. Have you ran factory loads and the Hex mags with it?

Dstrbdmedic167
3 May 2015, 18:12
I was thinking the same thing. Have you ran factory loads and the Hex mags with it?

Yes zero issues with factory ammo including Tula even. I tuned my ammo for suppressed shooting with my can and an adjustable gas block. I don't shoot my personal 223 without a can. It is an error on my part. I plan to try and load some rounds for this rifle in the next couple weeks.

UWone77
3 May 2015, 18:15
What did you think about the Bushnell optic for the distances you engaged the targets at?

Dstrbdmedic167
3 May 2015, 18:20
What did you think about the Bushnell optic for the distances you engaged the targets at?

It was exeptional. I kept it at 3x (I have the 3-12x40) all day and I had no issues getting on target and it hit every time if I did my part. If you actually stop laughing at me and listen to the guys recording for me you can hear them talking about me engaging the farthest targets. 110-120yds at the point of the car. After the day was over a couple of the guys wanted to run it and they too were impressed with the rifle(of course) and the glass. When I told them I spent $180 of the optic they were mind blown. For the clarity it provides in the price point it's in it's hard to beat.

UWone77
3 May 2015, 18:25
I really like the Bushnell 1-4x24 that I've been running. It's been exceptional for $120.

Dstrbdmedic167
3 May 2015, 18:26
I really like the Bushnell 1-4x24 that I've been running. It's been exceptional for $120.

I have that one as well. I got it from Alamo and run it on my "Arcus" rifle. The entire line is exceptional IMO.

toolboxluis00200
3 May 2015, 19:41
Glad you are running some good test on that rifle

Dstrbdmedic167
3 May 2015, 19:41
Glad you are running some good test on that rifle

Thanks Luis. Glad to see you seem to be on the amend.

toolboxluis00200
3 May 2015, 19:46
Thanks �� I am trying my best to keep track on what is going on spoty INTERNET suck at the hospital

Computalotapus
4 May 2015, 07:29

I agree 100% with this.

To each their own. I had no issues doing what I did today. No one forced anyone to do so and he asked before each drill if we wanted to. Funny thing is his lawyer actually shoots with is too. Everyone was great and never once did I feel unsafe or out of place. I can see that side of the coin for sure but I don't thing things got unsafe at any point.

The big thing is man you are new to this and you are eager to learn. Even though you felt that nothing was unsafe I think its because you are so new to this style shooting that you don't know what is safe and unsafe. These are drills that I would want to run several times if not days empty handed, then the next step would be to move through them with unloaded weapons way before I would go to live fire. This is what builds a team, knowing how the other guy moves is a big part of being safe in something like this. Nothing against you but I personally don't know any of these dudes, whose to say the guy running down the middle doesn't trip and fall... how well is his trigger discipline? What if it isn't great and when falling he squeezes one off? Are you or anyone else down range from him when it happens? Life is full of what if's and Mr. Murphy will pop up when you least expect him the only thing you can do to minimize this is practice practice practice way before moving to live fire and putting bodies down range.

Hell I wouldn't run this drill first day with Eric and UWone77, and I know they know their way around an AR. And I am pretty sure they think the same

Dstrbdmedic167
4 May 2015, 07:46
I understand completely where you guys are coming from and I am new to it no reserve there. This was at the end of the day and we ran the drill with just the car part about 5 times. 2 times complete empty handed and then twice cold. We did the same for the drill shown. Again it was each persons decision to run it. I wanted to personally. Is that what others would have done? Apparently not. I wanted to push myself to learn new things and get training I can't/wouldn't normally get.

I'm not, nor have I ever, been in the service or Law enforcement. You guys see all the mistakes and issues a lot more/easier than the average person may see it. You are correct there is a lot of what if's and Mr. Murphy is a A-hole my job shows that everyday. I enjoyed it and would do it again with same people. I'm just trying to use the rifle all I can outside of shooting some paper in the backyard. This was not just for the rifle but for me as well. Thought you'd guys enjoy seeing it used. Obviously I was mistaken...

Slippers
4 May 2015, 08:03
I'm fairly certain that nobody is criticizing you for posting about using the T&E rifle. In fact, it's pretty awesome that it's getting put through its paces and there's video/photos to show it.

The criticism is mostly directed at Recondo. I trust Win (the owner for those that don't know), but I wasn't there, which is why I haven't said definitively that you should or should not have participated.

Ultimately, everyone here wants you to stay with us in the living. We're concerned about your safety. That should make you feel warm and fuzzy, and in no way discourage you from posting. :)

GOST
4 May 2015, 08:03
On a side note I want to give Dstrbdmedic props for at least posting videos of himself. The safety of the training is questionable, but a lot of us don't have the balls to post videos of ourselves training. He posted the videos knowing that they would be heavily critiqued and maybe made fun of, but he did it anyways for us. Now if we can just tame down his Mary Poppin's Umbrella fetish.[:D]

Dstrbdmedic167
4 May 2015, 08:13
Thanks guys and I know everyone is looking out for me and as GOST said I fully expected a large amount of feedback from it. My post above is and was not meant as negative. Just trying to express my side and thought. It may have come off the wrong way. Again many thanks on everyone's concern.

Gost it's not happening lol

Side note: My daughter laughed like hell when I was running because we all know I'm not a picture of fitness and usually the only time I run is when something is after me lol...

GOST
4 May 2015, 08:14
Man that's just nature's own soft body armor.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 May 2015, 08:29
Man that's just nature's own soft body armor.

Haha

Cotton68spc
4 May 2015, 08:44
That was awesome as far as safety wasn't there so can't comment but from what I seen from the video i have seen a lot worst at our public shooting range and that's shooting through tubes !!!!!!

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Dstrbdmedic167
4 May 2015, 11:42
Ill post this here. Here is the T&E rifle after getting some use. Its a little dirty.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/TampE%20Dirty_zpsmv6iuhmn.jpg

Cotton68spc
4 May 2015, 17:12
That is one sexy rifle

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Pyzik
5 May 2015, 07:27
I'm fairly certain that nobody is criticizing you for posting about using the T&E rifle. In fact, it's pretty awesome that it's getting put through its paces and there's video/photos to show it.

The criticism is mostly directed at Recondo. I trust Win (the owner for those that don't know), but I wasn't there, which is why I haven't said definitively that you should or should not have participated.

Ultimately, everyone here wants you to stay with us in the living. We're concerned about your safety. That should make you feel warm and fuzzy, and in no way discourage you from posting. :)

On a side note I want to give Dstrbdmedic props for at least posting videos of himself. The safety of the training is questionable, but a lot of us don't have the balls to post videos of ourselves training. He posted the videos knowing that they would be heavily critiqued and maybe made fun of, but he did it anyways for us. Now if we can just tame down his Mary Poppin's Umbrella fetish.[:D]

I was going to comment on the entertainment but it looks like that's a dead horse and I have to say these two, along with Comp summed it up.

Now, the rifle: AWESOME that you were able to really use it for this T&E. Very cool.
I didn't notice it anywhere but did any part of the training revolve around failure drills? Did you guys try to make the rifle (induce malfunction through mags or ammo) fail? Let it run dry, ect?

Dstrbdmedic167
5 May 2015, 07:32
I was going to comment on the entertainment but it looks like that's a dead horse and I have to say these two, along with Comp summed it up.

Now, the rifle: AWESOME that you were able to really use it for this T&E. Very cool.
I didn't notice it anywhere but did any part of the training revolve around failure drills? Did you guys try to make the rifle (induce malfunction through mags or ammo) fail? Let it run dry, ect?

This particular class wasn't designed to cover everything. He said in the beginning that this was meant as a refresher course before he offers his defensive rifle and pistol courses. He has his "core" classes that work on those fundamentals. Yea I look like an idiot trying to fix that double feed. I've taken the pistol core class but haven't been able to attend the rifle.

Pyzik
5 May 2015, 07:41
This particular class wasn't designed to cover everything. He said in the beginning that this was meant as a refresher course before he offers his defensive rifle and pistol courses. He has his "core" classes that work on those fundamentals. Yea I look like an idiot trying to fix that double feed. I've taken the pistol core class but haven't been able to attend the rifle.

Not an idiot just a student. I've only taken one rifle course so I can't judge in anyway. I was just curious.
I really want to get into another carbine class. My focus, like yours is nearly all pistol since that's what I carry and will rely on.

Dstrbdmedic167
5 May 2015, 07:48
Not an idiot just a student. I've only taken one rifle course so I can't judge in anyway. I was just curious.
I really want to get into another carbine class. My focus, like yours is nearly all pistol since that's what I carry and will rely on.

I think the biggest thing is that I got something out of it. Found a lot of things I need to work on and areas I know I need to improve. Even if the safety was questionable isn't some training better than none?

Pyzik
5 May 2015, 09:19
I think the biggest thing is that I got something out of it. Found a lot of things I need to work on and areas I know I need to improve. Even if the safety was questionable isn't some training better than none?
Yes and no. Again I have no clue other than the videos what was taught....

Yes, training is definitely better than none bit it's harder to "relearn" bad information with good information.

Again, I am not saying this your case. Simply making the statement.

This is why it's so important to find good instructors. Not to mention legal implications of misinformation of the laws (CCW classes, ect.).

Dstrbdmedic167
10 May 2015, 19:24
Back to our regularly scheduled Gun Porn that makes this forum so awesome!

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Centurion%20VG6_zpstmx0dcys.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
15 June 2015, 20:28
Time to revive this thread lol. Shot from the range. It was still warm. So who else is ready to put their hands on this?

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/VG6%20Cage%20Range1_zpspzvxnivp.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
20 June 2015, 09:46
I'm going to pick up a 100 rounds of tula just to have some fun before I send this on to the next contestant. Bonus for the next person is that i'm sending my CAGE with the rifle.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Epsilon%20Cage%20Close1_zpsfm4j7kow.jpg

Thompson
20 June 2015, 11:12
Guessing the cage makes a day and night difference, on concussion?

Dstrbdmedic167
20 June 2015, 11:13
Guessing the cage makes a day and night difference, on concussion?

It is noticeable for sure. IDK if I'd say a day and night difference but I'd rather have it than not and I'm the shooter.

Slippers
25 June 2015, 17:30
From my experience shooting the T&E rifle the cage helps take the edge off for the shooter. If you're a bystander, you still feel the concussion. Ditch the brake for a flash hider and the T&E would be so much nicer to be around. :)

UWone77
25 June 2015, 17:33
From my experience shooting the T&E rifle the cage helps take the edge off for the shooter. If you're a bystander, you still feel the concussion. Ditch the brake for a flash hider and the T&E would be so much nicer to be around. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pkl3JPUp63g

Slippers
25 June 2015, 17:48
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I could use the same video for those of you that absolutely must have a brake on such a light recoiling caliber. :)

Dstrbdmedic167
25 June 2015, 18:01
Suppressor fixes all of these issues. Lol....

Dstrbdmedic167
27 June 2015, 12:28
macro without a macro...

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/Dahmer%20Macro_zpsgbs7wwsr.jpg

toolboxluis00200
27 June 2015, 12:59
Nice closeup

Dstrbdmedic167
27 June 2015, 13:00
Nice closeup

Thanks buddy. I need a Macro but I was always told to do the best with what ya got.

toolboxluis00200
27 June 2015, 13:59
Micro lens are nice but expensive

Slippers
27 June 2015, 14:31
My favorite lens of all time is an old Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D. Carried it all over Japan, France, and even a hike through Haleakala. Obviously used it for more than just macro duties.

I just checked b&h and the same lens sells for $100 more than when I bought mine back in 2004.

Dstrbdmedic167
27 June 2015, 15:44
My favorite lens of all time is an old Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D. Carried it all over Japan, France, and even a hike through Haleakala. Obviously used it for more than just macro duties.

I just checked b&h and the same lens sells for $100 more than when I bought mine back in 2004.

Damn inflation

GOST
27 June 2015, 20:52
Have you guys decided who gets this next? Maybe Kyle?

Ride4frnt
28 June 2015, 11:03
Have you guys decided who gets this next? Maybe Kyle?

I can't take it. Can't have it in Maryland since it's so evil.

UWone77
28 June 2015, 11:11
I can't take it. Can't have it in Maryland since it's so evil.

He's got enough stuff he hasn't written anything on. [:D]

GOST
28 June 2015, 12:50
How about Marty then?

Ride4frnt
28 June 2015, 13:11
He's got enough stuff he hasn't written anything on. [:D]

I do need to do that. Busy busy of late.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 July 2015, 06:56
Probably about 600 actual pulls on this now without any major wear...

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b548/Dstrbdmedic167/SlideLock%20TampE_zps4l59dkyr.jpg