PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P Pro Series CORE 9mm

Credz
19 March 2015, 16:58
Hey All,
Been looking at this gun for quite some time now.

I mainly want it for my 9mm suppressor I have coming and like the gun overall. I do not do any competition shooting and I do have a shield and love it.

I was just curious which model to go with the 5" barrel or the 4.25" barrel? The main purpose of this gun would be for my suppressor and just for fun shooting.

I found one dealer that has the 5" instock online and the 4.25" seems to be in stock at a lot of places online. I'm not really sure which length to go with. No LGS has them in stock for me to look at. Would the 5" be a little end heavy with the suppressor possibly?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated! Also any suggestions on where to get a suppressor barrel from would be awesome too. I did look at KKM but that is all I have looked at so far. Storm Lake I cannot find instock anywhere.

Ride4frnt
19 March 2015, 17:13
Try and find one with a factory threaded barrel. I know of two people on here, one is computalotapus, who have m&p's that came with standard and threaded barrels.

Dstrbdmedic167
19 March 2015, 17:27
Try and find one with a factory threaded barrel. I know of two people on here, one is computalotapus, who have m&p's that came with standard and threaded barrels.

Yep and id probably go with a 4.25" barrel since it'll be a suppressed host. That length will do fine and with a suppressor attached it will help with recoil and follow up shots

RiverRat
19 March 2015, 18:06
While I'm not completely sure about this, I don't believe you can get a CORE version in a threaded barrel kit.

If I'm, right about that, you're either looking at an additional OEM purchase from S&W or Gemtech, an aftermaket threaded barrel (KKM, Storm Lake, AAC, Wilson Combat) or starting with a 4.25" M&P threaded barrel kit that isn't CORE version.

Credz
19 March 2015, 23:37
Yeah I don't see the CORE having the option with a threaded barrel on the S&W website anywhere. I did email them yesterday to see if it was a possibility to buy one from them. We will see what they say then I guess.

So 4.25" would be better since its going to be used with a suppressor mainly?

CK 187
20 March 2015, 08:42
It's not a standard option from S&W. As RiverRat said, get the core and then pick up a nice Storm Lake, Wilson, LWC,.......

As my standard M&P racks up the round count, the CORE looks more and more like my next handgun. Haven't shot a VP9, but i hear good things

Credz
20 March 2015, 15:28
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. I'm leaning towards the 4.25" but still on the fence on the 5" and will probably go with KKM if S&W will not sell me a barrel I guess. Still got some time to decide yet. My Ti-Rant 9 won't be coming anytime soon lol

redmist
23 March 2015, 18:59
I have been using a Pro-CORE 5" for a year and a half now. I just got done doing a class at SHAW Shooting with John and Houston Shaw. Round count for the two days was 1300 rounds I have about 3000 through it so far and love it 100% I know it's not related to your suppressor question, but as to the pistol, it's GTG.

Ryan

RiverRat
23 March 2015, 20:13
if S&W will not sell me a barrel...

The Gemtech barrels (http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/S-W-M-P9-Threaded-Barrel-24p63.htm) are really S&W barrels. Out of stock right now, but it's another option to pursue if you prefer OEM parts.

UWone77
10 May 2015, 19:42
Total impulse purchase, but ended up picking up a 4.25" Ported 9mm CORE.

I'll post some pictures on my next day off. I want to see how this trigger is first, before I decide it needs an APEX

Dstrbdmedic167
10 May 2015, 19:51
Total impulse purchase, but ended up picking up a 4.25" Ported 9mm CORE.

I'll post some pictures on my next day off. I want to see how this trigger is first, before I decide it needs an APEX

It needs a flat trigger go ahead and order one! [BD]

UWone77
10 May 2015, 19:52
It needs a flat trigger go ahead and order one! [BD]

Already have a couple in the parts bin. [:)]

Dstrbdmedic167
10 May 2015, 19:54
Already have a couple in the parts bin. [:)]

My bad, I forgot I was talking to the real moneybags. Haha!

UWone77
10 May 2015, 19:55
My bad, I forgot I was talking to the real moneybags. Haha!

I thought DutyUse was Moneybags?

I'm broke... we just put in an offer on a house.

Dstrbdmedic167
10 May 2015, 19:56
I thought DutyUse was Moneybags?

I'm broke... we just put in an offer on a house.

That's right and congrats. Hope it works out. Does it have the land you're looking/wanting. This is your forever home right?

UWone77
10 May 2015, 20:00
That's right and congrats. Hope it works out. Does it have the land you're looking/wanting. This is your forever home right?

No, this is our next to last home...[BD]

This house is on a smaller lot, but you can't shoot on your property on this part of the county, even if you had the acreage. However, it's got the square footage, the amenities, and finishes we were looking for, for the most part.

Dstrbdmedic167
10 May 2015, 20:02
No, this is our next to last home...[BD]

This house is on a smaller lot, but you can't shoot on your property on this part of the county, even if you had the acreage. However, it's got the square footage, the amenities, and finishes we were looking for, for the most part.

Ahh understand. It's probably difficult to get shooting land and all the amenities in the PNW isn't it? Not without being a tank of gas from anywhere, well my trucks tank of gas anyway...

UWone77
10 May 2015, 20:03
Ahh understand. It's probably difficult to get shooting land and all the amenities in the PNW isn't it? Not without being a tank of gas from anywhere, well my trucks tank of gas anyway...

Going way off topic, but we plan to move east-midwest-ish in 7-9 years. That's our plan anyway. We're going to start looking for vacation property in the next 3-4.

Dstrbdmedic167
10 May 2015, 20:05
Going way off topic, but we plan to move east-midwest-ish in 7-9 years. That's our plan anyway. We're going to start looking for vacation property in the next 3-4.

Yea sorry it happens lol... Sounds like a good plan. Well I know you're not looking this Far East but your welcome to visit anytime. The land of pines is pretty nice.

UWone77
10 May 2015, 20:11
Yea sorry it happens lol... Sounds like a good plan. Well I know you're not looking this Far East but your welcome to visit anytime. The land of pines is pretty nice.

North Carolina is not out of the realm of possibility. I liked it out there! My wife also has family out there as well.

Dstrbdmedic167
10 May 2015, 20:14
North Carolina is not out of the realm of possibility. I liked it out there! My wife also has family out there as well.

Well there ya go! Between me and Will your set out here. HaHa

Pyzik
11 May 2015, 04:11
I've got an itching for a 5", not sure why. The further out you put that can, the more "bounce" you're going to get. Keep that in mind.

Since we're talking numbers I've probably got around 5-6k through my full size. Only singe issue I've had is the black striker breaking (known issue with the black ones). Picked up a silver colored one and have been good since.

Computalotapus
11 May 2015, 04:55
I've got an itching for a 5", not sure why. The further out you put that can, the more "bounce" you're going to get. Keep that in mind.

Since we're talking numbers I've probably got around 5-6k through my full size. Only singe issue I've had is the black striker breaking (known issue with the black ones). Picked up a silver colored one and have been good since.

Yeah I want a 5" as well.

Slippers
11 May 2015, 10:12

We are totally hijacking this thread. I realize it's more than a few years out, but NC is a wonderful place to live as long as you don't mind the humidity. You could always stick to the western side of the state and enjoy the cooler mountain air, too. :)

Anyone shot this pistol side-by-side with a VP9?

Computalotapus
11 May 2015, 10:57
We are totally hijacking this thread. I realize it's more than a few years out, but NC is a wonderful place to live as long as you don't mind the humidity. You could always stick to the western side of the state and enjoy the cooler mountain air, too. :)

Anyone shot this pistol side-by-side with a VP9?

I have shot my full size M&P9 and a friends CORE along with my VP9. I will say the CORE is hands down better than the standard M&P 9. But honestly I like the VP9 over the CORE. It feels smoother and I shoot better with it. I hate the sight over target on the VP9 but I still shoot it way better than either of the M&P's. Now with that said the groups with both M&P's are not sloppy at all and times are consistent across the board for all of the pistols. Groups are just a fraction smaller with the VP9, something about the H&K just feels like it takes less effort... almost natural to shoot.