PDA

View Full Version : some ones new money pit

toolboxluis00200
24 March 2015, 10:44
not me but maybe some of you guys mite like this as a hobby
https://vimeo.com/108448978

Thompson
24 March 2015, 11:19
Is it just me, or did Star Wars episode 6 come to mind?

toolboxluis00200
24 March 2015, 11:25
Is it just me, or did Star Wars episode 6 come to mind?
i was thinking more like the pod races from chapter 1

Thompson
24 March 2015, 11:27
i was thinking more like the pod races from chapter 1
The forest setting is what made me think episode 6. But I did think a hint of pod racing too as you suggested.

DutyUse
24 March 2015, 12:02
Anytime I see a new branch of technology like this I always think to myself, how will the government exploit this to screw over citizens. Hard to tell how fast they were going in the video, but not hard to imagine these things equipped with speed radar for ticketing purposes

gatordev
24 March 2015, 13:03
Anytime I see a new branch of technology like this I always think to myself, how will the government exploit this to screw over citizens. Hard to tell how fast they were going in the video, but not hard to imagine these things equipped with speed radar for ticketing purposes

I think getting the FAA to allow it would be the first major hurdle, and that process has been moving a glacial pace.

Ride4frnt
24 March 2015, 13:10
I think getting the FAA to allow it would be the first major hurdle, and that process has been moving a glacial pace.

Virginia uses drones for radar purposes. Almost shit the first time I saw one.

gatordev
24 March 2015, 13:41
Virginia uses drones for radar purposes. Almost shit the first time I saw one.

Interesting. Any idea how they do that legally? DoD can't even fly a UAS in American airspace except for a couple of specifically approved Restricted areas.

velocity2006
24 March 2015, 21:48
I have had a few FPV quads, cool to run, but I always kept going back to my Phantom 2 for the footage capabilities. The FPV hardware also plays double duty for a target cam if you ever need one. As for the FAA rules, flying model aircraft has been around for the last 50 years, the rc aircraft community is much like the gun community. We don't want more regulation, there are already rules in place, and a few bad apples spoil it for everyone as far as the media is concerned. The only thing new about the tech is it's now affordable for pretty much anyone to get into, and you can buy an out of the box unit pre-assembled.

toolboxluis00200
24 March 2015, 21:53
if i ever get one i want to chase cat whit it

Thompson
25 March 2015, 11:09
if i ever get one i want to chase cat whit it
Ha. I could totally see this Luis lol.

toolboxluis00200
25 March 2015, 13:46
i be buzzzzzzzzing the crap out of them

Computalotapus
25 March 2015, 13:55