PDA

View Full Version : SIONICS Weapon Systems- NP3 Bolt Carrier Group

Iraqgunz
25 March 2015, 17:23
Wanted to share a little video we did about the SIONICS Weapon Systems NP3 Bolt Carrier Group. We have been using the NP3 carrier body for a couple of years now, and after some testing we moved forward with the NP3 bolt and cam pin. We have several LE agencies throughout the U.S. and plenty of regular guys shooting our stuff.

Our focus is on attention to detail, but we all make mistakes. We also work closely with our customers to make sure that they are getting what they need to meet their requirements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5Aofbq8_paE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aofbq8_paE&feature=youtu.be

UWone77
25 March 2015, 17:28
11.5" and a NP3 Carrier... on the want list.

Former11B
25 March 2015, 17:33
Is this the same SIONICS company from back in the day that made Vietnam era suppressors?

Iraqgunz
25 March 2015, 17:42
No, it is not.

Is this the same SIONICS company from back in the day that made Vietnam era suppressors?

Iraqgunz
25 March 2015, 17:43
Chrome-lined barrels are going to be ready soon. In addition we are working on some other 11.5" barrels for suppressed use.

11.5" and a NP3 Carrier... on the want list.

Iraqgunz
25 March 2015, 19:05
Video link is dead for now. We have to make an edit as part of the video was showing some bolts going through the NP3 process belong to some other company. The purpose of the video was to show the NP3 process and discuss our product. We wanted to avoid any confusion.

Former11B
25 March 2015, 19:19
No, it is not.

Sorry, not trying to step on any toes.

SINNER
25 March 2015, 19:37
NP3 is pretty amazing in it's lubrication properties. Seems to have not caught on like I expected considering how far superior it is to NiB.

JGifford
25 March 2015, 21:30
How does NP3 wear? I got turned off to coatings after owning a Wilson Combat done in "Armor-(not so)Tuff". NP3 has higher adhesion, yes, but it's still softer than chrome, and chrome cam-pins tend to wear through in a few hundred rounds in my personal experience (Young's NM). So my question is...how long does the NP3 stay on the cam-pin, and how long does it stay on the bolt lugs?

Was the metal componentl under-sized to allow for an industry standard coating thickness?

I think NP3 is a great idea for the application, if it actually holds up. Also, how is staking done? Does the NP3 "bend with" the surface, or is it staked and then NP3'ed, or?

How does this effect the bolt-lugs "lapping in" by a thou or so?

Iraqgunz
26 March 2015, 16:32
The NP3 holds up very well, which is why Robar has been doing it for so long. We have an agency with our stuff going on a few years now and there is little to no wear.

Cam pins aren't made of chrome so I am a little confused by that comment. Our cam pins are standard MILSPEC type with the NP3 applied to them.

There is no need to undersize the components with NP3. We spoke to them about this several time before we went ahead. In addition we conducted test firing and had a firearms industry trainer run thousands of rounds through his stuff over the course of a 1 year period.

The key screws are torque and staked prior to the NP3 process.

How does NP3 wear? I got turned off to coatings after owning a Wilson Combat done in "Armor-(not so)Tuff". NP3 has higher adhesion, yes, but it's still softer than chrome, and chrome cam-pins tend to wear through in a few hundred rounds in my personal experience (Young's NM). So my question is...how long does the NP3 stay on the cam-pin, and how long does it stay on the bolt lugs?

Was the metal componentl under-sized to allow for an industry standard coating thickness?

I think NP3 is a great idea for the application, if it actually holds up. Also, how is staking done? Does the NP3 "bend with" the surface, or is it staked and then NP3'ed, or?

How does this effect the bolt-lugs "lapping in" by a thou or so?

din
26 March 2015, 20:05
I think he was just talking about how with hard-chromed cam pins the chrome will wear through to the base metal with sufficient use. I haven't seen this yet with my own Young BCG, but it's also not something I've ever worried about because, hey, cam pins.