PDA

View Full Version : Course of Fire Help

Lancelot
17 December 2008, 14:22
As some of you may know I'm a firearms instructor for the state. I'm also a member of our state LEO firearms instructors association.

www.clefia.org

We have an annual training conference we put on every year that runs three days. We need a course of fire for a tactical shotgun class that will run just a few hours. Any suggestions?

We would also like a short rifle course if you have one?

Thanks

Paulo_Santos
17 December 2008, 16:45
Would a standard shotgun and Police Carbine qualifications course work? The ranges are from 3-50 yards.

Stickman
18 December 2008, 16:28
As some of you may know I'm a firearms instructor for the state. I'm also a member of our state LEO firearms instructors association.

www.clefia.org

We have an annual training conference we put on every year that runs three days. We need a course of fire for a tactical shotgun class that will run just a few hours. Any suggestions?

We would also like a short rifle course if you have one?

Thanks

I had a list of courses of fire that I'm trying to find. I grabbed a lot of them from Fed, state, and other courses as well as generic ones I found online.

One of the good ones that I like are the militia courses of fire. When instructors or cops complain that it was unfair, you can throw it back in their face and humble them. I've seen some security courses that work well that way also.

For any instructor shooting event, any round outside the target (into the white) should be an automatic DNQ.

Paulo_Santos
18 December 2008, 16:57
I had a list of courses of fire that I'm trying to find. I grabbed a lot of them from Fed, state, and other courses as well as generic ones I found online.

One of the good ones that I like are the militia courses of fire. When instructors or cops complain that it was unfair, you can throw it back in their face and humble them. I've seen some security courses that work well that way also.

For any instructor shooting event, any round outside the target (into the white) should be an automatic DNQ.

I'm going to fax him our qualification courses from work on Saturday.