PDA

View Full Version : wet suppressor ?? and a few questions

toolboxluis00200
27 March 2015, 12:17
1: dose any body ever own or have try any of the cans that you run wet ??
saw this one and i was just wondering are there worth the money ??
http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/pistol/thompson-machine-poseidon-9-45.html?___SID=U

2: on a 22lr can i now you can run it wet but is it better to use water or the jell ??
i now they say to only use 5cc of water but what about the jell ??

Disclaimer!!!!! i don't plan on running my .22lr can wet all the time is just fun from time to time [:D]

MoxyDave
27 March 2015, 15:52
Water & gel help to eliminate first round pop, where the suppressor still contains a lot of oxygen. Some folks like wire-pulling gel because it won't evaporate immediately if you don't use it right away. Otherwise water does the exact same thing. Both should be used sparingly, and they only last 5-10 shots in my experience. Great if you're James Bond, not super useful for anyone else [:)]

toolboxluis00200
27 March 2015, 17:31
I want to be James Bond :(

toolboxluis00200
27 March 2015, 17:33
wire pull gel. that is what I need to find

voodoo_man
27 March 2015, 17:51
Some decent wet suppressors out there, issue is obviously the "wet" part.

But if you gata be really quite first few rounds its the way to go.

toolboxluis00200
27 March 2015, 18:32
Water & gel help to eliminate first round pop, where the suppressor still contains a lot of oxygen. Some folks like wire-pulling gel because it won't evaporate immediately if you don't use it right away. Otherwise water does the exact same thing. Both should be used sparingly, and they only last 5-10 shots in my experience. Great if you're James Bond, not super useful for anyone else [:)]

thanks for the info

toolboxluis00200
27 March 2015, 18:33
Some decent wet suppressors out there, issue is obviously the "wet" part.

But if you gata be really quite first few rounds its the way to go.

i just wanted one just for fun but not to use all the time (that is what why i have a .22lr can to use all the time)

Former11B
27 March 2015, 18:58
I prefer water because the wire pulling gel seems like it would leave a mess behind in the can.

I don't do it often because, in order to make cleaning easier, I put a light coat of a grease similar to anti-seize on the monocore (fouling wipes off with paper towels) and it makes a grimy mess when adding water. Like previously mentioned, when using it on a .22 it eliminates FRP but .22 is so quiet, I cant really tell a difference once the oxygen the can is displaced and I'm shooting.

I feel it makes a bigger difference with pistol cans of a higher volume like 9mm/.45ACP even after FRP and does quiet things down a few extra dB.

I have a small plastic bottle with a medicine dropper bulb I fill with water and take to the range. That, or a plastic syringe will work to add specific amounts (to verify water volume isn't exceeding suppressor volume)

toolboxluis00200
27 March 2015, 19:07
I prefer water because the wire pulling gel seems like it would leave a mess behind in the can.

I don't do it often because, in order to make cleaning easier, I put a light coat of a grease similar to anti-seize on the monocore (fouling wipes off with paper towels) and it makes a grimy mess when adding water. Like previously mentioned, when using it on a .22 it eliminates FRP but .22 is so quiet, I cant really tell a difference once the oxygen the can is displaced and I'm shooting.

I feel it makes a bigger difference with pistol cans of a higher volume like 9mm/.45ACP even after FRP and does quiet things down a few extra dB.

I have a small plastic bottle with a medicine dropper bulb I fill with water and take to the range. That, or a plastic syringe will work to add specific amounts (to verify water volume isn't exceeding suppressor volume)

thanks for the info i need to look at that anti-seize
what do you think of a wet 9mm can over just a regular can

Former11B
28 March 2015, 07:34
If it's DESIGNED to be ran wet or only offers decent suppression when wet, toss it in the garbage. You'll get SO tired of it. You want a suppressor like an octane nine that will perform well dry but allow you to put water in it if you are inclined to do so

toolboxluis00200
28 March 2015, 10:05
If it's DESIGNED to be ran wet or only offers decent suppression when wet, toss it in the garbage. You'll get SO tired of it. You want a suppressor like an octane nine that will perform well dry but allow you to put water in it if you are inclined to do so

yeah but if i trow it a way that is a lot of money lol but i see what you are saying
but i am looking at some regular 9mm suppressors and i am still looking at a 5.56 suppressor

UWone77
28 March 2015, 10:55
I don't normally shoot my pistol cans "wet." it's annoying to have to do it over and over after 10 rounds. Just not practical for me personally.

toolboxluis00200
28 March 2015, 12:27
what can u run uwone77