PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Micro H-2 Sight

GOST
31 March 2015, 05:16
http://www.aimpoint.com/typo3temp/pics/9a3b5806c4.png

New sight offers additional features and enhanced performance

Aimpoint, the originator and world leader in electronic red dot sighting technology, has announced the addition of the new Micro H-2 sight to the company’s commercial product line. The Micro H-2 will be available for shipment in August 2015, and will be offered alongside the company’s existing Micro H-1 product.
Since its introduction in 2007, the Aimpoint Micro sight has become the worldwide standard for compact reflex sights. Hunters and sport shooters have embraced this sight for its compact size, durability, and extremely long battery life. Product reviews with professional end users identified a series of desired product enhancements that have now been added to this new product. These changes include: a new sight housing which allows the addition of front and rear protective flip covers, additional physical protection for the sight’s adjustment turrets, and increased ruggedness for the sight’s internal electronic components.

The most important development in this new sight however, is enhanced optical performance. A newly designed front lens, incorporating an important breakthrough in reflective lens coatings, provides a noticeable increase in the clarity and performance properties of the Micro H-2. This ensures that no matter what angle or conditions the shot presents, the user is able to get on target quickly and accurately.

“Instead of merely making improvements to an existing product, we started with a completely new design” says Jonas Ardemalm, Director of Commercial Marketing and Sales. “As a result, the Micro H-2 takes the level of performance available from a compact sight to an entirely new level. It also provides features and performance formerly available only in much larger optics.”

The Micro H-2 can be mounted on nearly any individual firearm platform, and can be used with most existing mounts that fit the Micro H-1. The Micro H-2 can operate for up to five years of constant-on use, using just one CR-2032 battery, and is waterproof.

For more information on Aimpoint or the company’s products, visit our webpage at www.aimpoint.com or contact:

Press contact: Sabine Eriksson
Phone +46 40 6715020
Sabine.eriksson@aimpoint.com

http://www.aimpoint.com/press/news/news-singleview/article/aimpoint-launches-micro-h-2-sight-198/?cHash=d73cae3b3046ee7325e7905f37d8a601

GOST
31 March 2015, 05:49
This booger will look great on a Scalarworks mount.

https://scalarworks.com/

2ATA
31 March 2015, 06:15
I've been running a T-2 on my SBR. I have to say that in general use ie; patrol, competition, classes. I have found no advantages over the lower price point T-1. YMMV

rob_s
31 March 2015, 06:31
Well this complicates things...

I am inclined to agree with 2ATA though, I still don't really see what these "2" versions offer over the legacy version. Most people seem to be reporting being unable to tell the difference in the "better" lens.

tact
31 March 2015, 09:41
Call me a sucker then, because I like them better. Additionally it was a mere 70 dollars difference when I purchased mine.

Dsully
31 March 2015, 09:49
I was just going to ask if I was the only one who just doesn't see it? I don't have any time behind the T2 or H2 but I don't think I would give up any of my T1s or H1s. In fact, I have another T1 getting ready to ship to me right now.

UWone77
31 March 2015, 09:52
Well this complicates things...

I am inclined to agree with 2ATA though, I still don't really see what these "2" versions offer over the legacy version. Most people seem to be reporting being unable to tell the difference in the "better" lens.

I don't own one, but I have a little time behind a T2. Honestly, I don't see any improvements, than maybe the included covers. I use IO covers on my T1/H1's anyway.

Personally, I'm still waiting for the dump of T1/H1's into the secondary market. [BD]

2ATA
31 March 2015, 11:01
I don't own one, but I have a little time behind a T2. Honestly, I don't see any improvements, than maybe the included covers. I use IO covers on my T1/H1's anyway.

Personally, I'm still waiting for the dump of T1/H1's into the secondary market. [BD]

I can't even say I like the covers. I feel that they narrow an already narrow FOV to much.

rob_s
31 March 2015, 11:14
Call me a sucker then, because I like them better. Additionally it was a mere 70 dollars difference when I purchased mine.

If you can't say *why* you like them better, then yeah, you're a sucker.

VIPER 237
2 April 2015, 09:26
If you do not shoot with a magnifier or have an astigmatism there is little benefit to the 2 series, however if you do its a huge improvement especially with a magnifier.

voodoo_man
2 April 2015, 09:38
If you can't say *why* you like them better, then yeah, you're a sucker.

...can you save the attitude for a different forum?

We like to enjoy the content here, not argue over none-sense.

Thanks

rob_s
2 April 2015, 09:45
...can you save the attitude for a different forum?

no, probably not. Can you leave yours on your "blog"?

We like to enjoy the content here, not argue over none-sense.

Thanks

Content is exactly what I'm after. I simply want to know *why* he likes them better. "nonsense" is posting that one likes something more than something else without explanation, or whining about not liking someone else's attitude and causing a thread-jack.

GOST
2 April 2015, 12:15
If one likes the T-2 that's his prerogative, no different than a man who prefers gingers over brunettes.Questions to other members need to be constructive towards the content of the thread.

voodoo_man
2 April 2015, 12:16

Content is exactly what I'm after. I simply want to know *why* he likes them better. "nonsense" is posting that one likes something more than something else without explanation, or whining about not liking someone else's attitude and causing a thread-jack.

You are doing enough thread jacking for no reason. This is a great forum with great people, please keep the GD level stuff and attacks out of it.

Be cordial and non abrasive, no worries, when you start calling people names you will be called out on it.

If you want to rephrase your question to him do so by all means.

SINNER
2 April 2015, 15:05
If one likes the T-2 that's his prerogative, no different than a man who prefers gingers over brunettes.Questions to other members need to be constructive towards the content of the thread.

No man prefers gingers over brunettes because ginger girls are bat shit crazy. LMAO

But I do prefer my Comp4's over my T-1's so I have little interest in the T-2's.

GOST
2 April 2015, 15:29
No man prefers gingers over brunettes because ginger girls are bat shit crazy. LMAO

But I do prefer my Comp4's over my T-1's so I have little interest in the T-2's.

Very true, but a ginger done right like Christina Hendricks is hot.

I personally like a larger FOV than the Micros offer. My current favorite RDS is my SRS02.

Ride4frnt
2 April 2015, 15:46
Very true, but a ginger done right like Christina Hendricks is hot.

I personally like a larger FOV than the Micros offer.

Yeah, Christina Hendricks is working with a larger FOV isn't she...

GOST
2 April 2015, 15:54
Yes she is.

UWone77
2 April 2015, 18:08

When I think of rob, this clip is what I usually think of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XCFowMpLmAc

rob, for the most part I get your style and delivery. But quick being a dickhead.

SINNER
2 April 2015, 18:48
Some thin skins around here.

Txfilmmaker
2 April 2015, 21:12
I work in television. I would never have lasted this long with thin skin. :) I hope when the H2 comes out I can get an H1 for a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOST
3 April 2015, 02:36
I work in television. I would never have lasted this long with thin skin. :) I hope when the H2 comes out I can get an H1 for a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When the T2 and ACO came out the price on the T1 and PRO actually went up.

Eric
12 May 2015, 05:42
PDF (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001zcv7UqcBf7_wDbTQNe243P_ZzVRkuSjDrlQkvx vKGvV6KL5VSTHx-1KuweTtlrDzZ8knzhAJ2C_pYs8Ycf41k4Wgy8VBiPoyJgaf4z2 GCWhgVDJHb7f827ytO7cYlg6nn4vqdeOb3xDb3e02-zKV-dr_FWN2iltC4JCf_sJsz_2LjyyEZYL3I3ZIxs1S682Nq2P2HwS QgIfxE2KyaZLlfJm6YYnUDMI2vJZfc-nFnV9zNhs_BDQ9dg==&c=PF14IWNCVXppQPhtuIAYV6nnMXTUr0ykXpFC35il0rpImvcR VzOzbw==&ch=G7ivhxe5E1pjfF35kXtpzS-3e4DuYBSWOXxuaEvYdlV7xj9fIGGGoA==)

Chantilly, VA
May 11, 2015

AIMPOINT LAUNCHES NEW MICRO H-2 HUNTING SIGHT
New sight provides additional features and enhanced performance for hunters

Aimpoint, the originator and world leader in electronic red dot sighting
technology for forty years, has announced the addition of the new Micro H-2 sight to the company’s
commercial product line. The Micro H-2 will be available for shipment in August 2015, and will be offered
alongside the company’s existing Micro H-1 product.

Since its introduction in 2007, the Aimpoint Micro sight has become a popular hunting sight worldwide
due to its lightweight and compact size, durability, and extremely long battery life. Product reviews with
hunters and sport shooters identified a series of desired product enhancements that have now been
added to this new product. These changes include: a new sight housing which allows the addition of
front and rear protective flip covers, additional physical protection for the sight’s adjustment turrets, and
increased ruggedness for the sight’s internal electronic components.

The most significant developments in the Micro H-2 however, are the advanced optical lenses that allow
for even better light transmission and provide a noticeable increase in the clarity and performance
properties of the sight. This ensures a more distinct and clearer dot in all conditions and situations.
“The Aimpoint Micro has become the worldwide standard for compact reflex sights” says Matt Swenson,
Vice President of Sales. “With the sight’s new design, the Micro H-2 takes the level of performance
available from a compact sight to an entirely new level.”

The Micro H-2 can be mounted on nearly any rifle, shotgun, handgun or crossbow, and can be used
with most existing mounts that fit the Micro H-1 including the Blaser saddle mount. The sight can also
be mounted to a larger magnified scope with a 30mm or 34mm scope adapter giving the hunter ability
to hunt at both short and long distances while providing faster target acquisition. The Micro H-2 can
operate for up to five years of constant-on use, using just one CR-2032 battery, and is waterproof.

For more information on Aimpoint or the company’s products, visit our webpage at www.aimpoint.com
or contact:
Press contact: Kristi Drawe
Aimpoint, Inc.
(703) 263-9795 ext 226
Kristi.Drawe@aimpoint.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/AR15forme/200183_200185_Micro_H-2_RF.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/AR15forme/media/200183_200185_Micro_H-2_RF.jpg.html)

Eric
12 May 2015, 05:44
Specs

PDF (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001zcv7UqcBf7_wDbTQNe243P_ZzVRkuSjDrlQkvx vKGvV6KL5VSTHx-z66M-oqrqzKHo0UME91bpP6f-xgUKv9qeikMwXyOb7Z7ZAZE1O-FuBqeSEiod9Pyl3BKBcU9RZFfbRqPJKNLa_Us3o9AA4f7AaokQ Pk2eSXGB-N2I-_sg9DCSVprngB2lXxnr3z_uPEsQGYSpiHmBhrDZHpEaDPhflJo SdtxfeM_ZDyCN5fnh0fiYQYUJC1pQ==&c=PF14IWNCVXppQPhtuIAYV6nnMXTUr0ykXpFC35il0rpImvcR VzOzbw==&ch=G7ivhxe5E1pjfF35kXtpzS-3e4DuYBSWOXxuaEvYdlV7xj9fIGGGoA==)

APPLICATION AREAS
Hunters Primary use
IPSC Shooters Primary use
Law Enforcement Primary use
APPLICATION FIREARMS
Pistol - Revolver Primary use
Com pound Bow/Cross Bow Primary use
Magnum handgun Primary use
Primary use
Primary use
Primary use
Primary use
Shotgun Primary use
TECHNOLOGY
ACET
OPTICAL DATA
Red dot sight
LED (Light Emitting Diode) Totally eye-safe
Red dot size 2 MOA*
Parallax-free No centering required
Eye relief Unlimited
All surfaces
1X
ELECTRONIC DATA
Battery type One 3V Lithium battery, type CR2032
Battery life 50,000** hours
Dot intensity regulator Mechanical switch
Brightness settings 1 off and 12 daylight settings of which one
extra bright
MECHANICAL DATA
Material housing Extruded high strength aluminum
Anodized, semi-matte
Color Black
Material lens covers Rubber, black, matte
Adjustment 1 click = 13 mm at 100 meters = 1/2” at 100 yards
Mounting solution Integrated Weaver rail mount
ENVIRONMENTAL DATA
Temperature range -30° – +60° C (-20° – +140° F)
Water resistance Submersible to 5 m, (15 ft)
Radioactive components used None
DIMENSIONS
Lenght x width x height (sight only) 68 mm x 41 mm x 36 mm , (2.7”x 1.6”x 1.4”)
Lenght x width x height 77 mm x 42 mm x 46 mm , (3”x 1.6”x 1.8”)
(sight with Mount & Flip-up lens covers)
Width/height - including mount 62 x 41 mm, (2,4” x 1,6”)
Weight - sight only 93 g, (3.3 oz)
Weight sight with integrated mount
& Flip-Covers 136 g, (4.8 oz)