PDA

View Full Version : Larue Predatobr barrels...

Flatlander
6 April 2015, 10:15
Larue has started selling "extra" barrels and handguards for its Predatobr rifles. This makes for a neat setup ... I can't imagine an easier barrel swap.

GOST
6 April 2015, 11:00
While I'm sure they're great quality, the price is way to steep for me. $975 for the OBR package, which includes and rail system with barrel and gas block is borderline crazy. $495 for the Stealth barrel with gas block, gas tube and nut isn't much better.

At them prices I doubt even Dutyuse or Dstrbdmedic167 could afford them.[BD]

DutyUse
6 April 2015, 14:10
For that kinda coin Id rather get a Colt, but I'm not the biggest Larue fan

GOST
6 April 2015, 14:42
A similar setup to the OBR package would be a Noveske Switch Block which would leave you $510 to pick what rail system you would like to run.

SINNER
6 April 2015, 19:31
These are still proprietary barrels that only fit the PredatOBR correct? LaRue used to use Lothar Walther barrels. The LW50 steel makes for a heck of a barrel. 3k rifle so 1k for barrel and rail is not far off.

GOST
6 April 2015, 19:43
The OBR kit is like you said only compatible with OBR rifles. The Stealth barrels are compatible with the AR-15 platform, barrel with gas block and tube is $495. Barrels straight from Lothar Walther can be had for a lot less, Spikes used to offer Lothar Walther barrels for a lot less.

SINNER
6 April 2015, 20:06
I thought the Stealth line was claimed to be a in house Larue barrel? May still be a LW blank. But I was only speaking of the OBR barrels in my comment above. Not inexpensive but not insanely priced either.