PDA

View Full Version : Detent pin/detent spring

Nevergiveupthefight
6 April 2015, 22:00
I'm finally at the point to begin putting together my lower receiver. I noticed a slight difference between the two detents. Which of the two goes where?

Ride4frnt
6 April 2015, 22:03
There's no difference. The only difference in the detents is the obviously bigger and different shaped one for the selector.

Ride4frnt
6 April 2015, 22:04
And BE CAREFUL with that pivot pin detent and spring. Very easy to lose.

Nevergiveupthefight
6 April 2015, 22:18
Thanks Ride4frnt, I bought a detent tool.

UWone77
7 April 2015, 20:42
Thanks Ride4frnt, I bought a detent tool.

Just buy one Battle Arms EPS Pin Set. It's worth it along for the magnet you can keep using over and over on future builds. The magnet is just an awesome/easy way to install those pins and not lose them. Then again, maybe it's just me, but I really like the EPS Pins too.

Dstrbdmedic167
7 April 2015, 20:44
Just buy one Battle Arms EPS Pin Set. It's worth it along for the magnet you can keep using over and over on future builds. The magnet is just an awesome/easy way to install those pins and not lose them. Then again, maybe it's just me, but I really like the EPS Pins too.

I use the magnet and yes the EPS pins are awesome.

Nevergiveupthefight
8 April 2015, 08:47
I bought a Little Crow Gunworks Roll Pin Pusher for the trigger guard install. The FDE Magpul trigger guard holes were off slightly. So I had to bore them out by a 64 of an inch. After that the install was a breeze with the pin pusher!
http://youtu.be/R6G2ZfhYNkk

mustangfreek
9 April 2015, 02:53

Id have to agree, sine i bought a EPS set, and i have used the magnet everytime since to install the detents..

Deadwing
14 April 2015, 04:12
I really like the BAD-EPS. I have not, however, tired using the magnet that comes with them to install standard pins. I'll have to give this a try sometime.