PDA

View Full Version : Hangin Out

Computalotapus
18 April 2015, 15:48
Today the wife and I took a road trip down to southern MI. Stopped by dropped a project rifle off with Mike from Blown Deadline. Hangin out with Mike is always cool to see what projects he is working on. They have recovered from the fire pretty good and it looks like business is picking up for him. Hope to see his business grow and what all he can come up with artistically.

After leaving BDL we headed over to Novi to meet up with Joe from Dakota Tactical. If you don't know who he is look him up. He is a kick ass HK armor making some awesome roller locking systems. He brought out his wife and two kids. Also Pyzik, his wife and daughter joined us for lunch. Was good to finally meet him in person.

I encourage everyone on the forums that if you have a good social media relationship with industry people make an effort to put a face and handshake to the username. And what I mean by industry is not just limited to manufacturers or vendors, get out meet and greet the people you interact with on a daily basis via social media. Meeting Pyzik and his family was fun. Looking forward to organizing a MI shoot and getting Ben from AR15News to make the drive south with us.

Dstrbdmedic167
18 April 2015, 19:38
Awesome that you guys could meet up like you did. It's always nice to put a face with a username. Sounds like you guys had a good time today!

Side Note: When two gingers meet up is it some sort of soul swap or what? How does that work?

Pyzik
18 April 2015, 20:09
It was fun to meet up! Nice to finally meet you two and Joe and his wife. Cool guy.

I look forward to whatever shoot we can come up with.

As for the souls.... Pretty sure my daughter will be a ginger so it was like 2.5.

GOST
18 April 2015, 20:20
Sounds like you all had a good time. I worked all day, but I did get to hangout with General Tso.

Pyzik
18 April 2015, 20:27
Sounds like you all had a good time. I worked all day, but I did get to hangout with General Tso.
General Tso... now that is some Asian I speak.

GOST
18 April 2015, 20:30
He's like the brother I never had.[:D]

voodoo_man
18 April 2015, 20:40
I don't think anyone is in my area. Which is good.

Hangin out with me requires a vest and a good lawyer...

GOST
18 April 2015, 20:49
Does a sweater vest count?

voodoo_man
18 April 2015, 21:03
Does a sweater vest count?

...does it stop bullets?

GOST
18 April 2015, 21:26
No but it makes a damn good shammy.

mustangfreek
19 April 2015, 01:14
Its always cool to meet other members...Sounds like a good day comp..

I know of one person and a few big companies in my neck of the woods...but no one wants to play with the ginger...lol

Deadwing
19 April 2015, 03:10
Its always cool to meet other members...Sounds like a good day comp..

I know of one person and a few big companies in my neck of the woods...but no one wants to play with the ginger...lol

Seems to me there are quite a few of us in the PNW. Shouldn't be too tough to get something together, aside from reconciling everyones schedules.

Thompson
19 April 2015, 06:44
Sounds like a good time indeed. Does that mean that Joe can give you a discount on some roller-lock goodness? [:D]

Mike's business looks like it's booming. If I didn't know any better, I would have never guessed he had a snafu with a fire.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to interact with. Only people in PA that I know of, are Geissele and IWI.

Computalotapus
19 April 2015, 06:49
Sounds like a good time indeed. Does that mean that Joe can give you a discount on some roller-lock goodness? [:D]

Mike's business looks like it's booming. If I didn't know any better, I would have never guessed he had a snafu with a fire.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to interact with. Only people in PA that I know of, are Geissele and IWI.

Haha he has quoted me civilian version of the UMP in 9mm at a very low low price. But that low price is still too rich for my blood

voodoo_man
19 April 2015, 06:50

what part of PA are you in?

Pyzik
19 April 2015, 07:35

There are a few others youve heard of in PA. TacTissy is. I know there a couple others but am having a brain fart.

GaSwamper
19 April 2015, 08:37
Always a good time meeting other like minded folks. Did Pyzik make you paint some of the girly paintings he's been posting?[BD]

Thompson
19 April 2015, 09:00
There are a few others youve heard of in PA. TacTissy is. I know there a couple others but am having a brain fart.
Yeah I was really surprised to hear that she lives in PA. Didn't find out about that til recently.

Always a good time meeting other like minded folks. Did Pyzik make you paint some of the girly paintings he's been posting?[BD]
LOL

Computalotapus
19 April 2015, 09:05

Haha nope, but I would have if he asked. We only met up for lunch. Maybe he can bring the arts and crafts to the shoot that the wife has been coordinating for this summer. She just got confirmation from a local friend that he will roll out the big grill and supply burgers and dogs for the shoot.

Pyzik
19 April 2015, 09:24
Just jealous I didn't paint one for you. :p

UWone77
19 April 2015, 15:37
You guys are lucky, the only person that would possibly entertain me is the WEVO ginger... and he's a little to volatile to hang out with around guns. [:D]

Computalotapus
19 April 2015, 15:54
You guys are lucky, the only person that would possibly entertain me is the WEVO ginger... and he's a little to volatile to hang out with around guns. [:D]

I think we have a trip planned to come out to your neck of the woods for this fall. Maybe you can wrangle up the wevo ginger and we can all meet at RA then head out to lunch/dinner.

UWone77
19 April 2015, 17:36
I think we have a trip planned to come out to your neck of the woods for this fall. Maybe you can wrangle up the wevo ginger and we can all meet at RA then head out to lunch/dinner.

I think the WEVO Ginger will have to stand on the corner with the cardboard sign for a few shifts to scrape together gas/mac&cheese funds.

alamo5000
19 April 2015, 18:01
It sounds kind of cool to get together like that. The only 'industry' people I have interacted with are here on WEVO. I am learning all this stuff as I go. [:D]

I am not sure if there are any big name or even any not so big name folks around Houston...Texas is so big. From my house I can head west non stop for 10 hours straight and still be in Texas...It's not like you can just pop over to Lubbock and go see someone LOL

I can tell you this much though... I would like to meet the people from Sierra Bullets, the people from CMT Tactical, Stickman, and everybody from Rainier Arms just to name a few [:D] John Hwang is on the short list... seriously.

Former11B
19 April 2015, 18:22
I think the closest active member to me is probably GASwamper and he's around 4-6hrs away I'm guessing.

I will have to continue member meetings in absentia

alamo5000
19 April 2015, 18:31
I might have to take a vacation to the PNW so I can meet everyone. While I am there I can listen to some grunge music and go shoot some guns out in the rain.

voodoo_man
19 April 2015, 18:44
*breakfastcat.jpg*

...we should have a wevo gtg

Computalotapus
20 April 2015, 05:31
I think the WEVO Ginger will have to stand on the corner with the cardboard sign for a few shifts to scrape together gas/mac&cheese funds.

So mean... yet I still chuckled.

*breakfastcat.jpg*

...we should have a wevo gtg

did you say if anyone figured out who you are they would have to be "taken care of"

skijunkie55
20 April 2015, 06:09
All you Michigan people should know this by now: West Side is the best side... Alas we have close to nothing in terms of firearms related attractions -_-

Guess I'll have to make the drive out toward that neck of the woods one of these days, unless some of you are going to be at the Grand Rapids gun and knife show this weekend :D

voodoo_man
20 April 2015, 06:46
did you say if anyone figured out who you are they would have to be "taken care of"

Quit shooting a flare above my false flag.

Jeez, how else am I gana get my stock pile of SBR's and suppressors up?

Pyzik
20 April 2015, 08:55
All you Michigan people should know this by now: West Side is the best side... Alas we have close to nothing in terms of firearms related attractions -_-

Guess I'll have to make the drive out toward that neck of the woods one of these days, unless some of you are going to be at the Grand Rapids gun and knife show this weekend :D

Hey, what part of the west side? We (MGO) are having a board meeting and fun shoot this Saturday, 2pm at Silver Bullet in Wyoming, MI . I'll be there. Don't know if I'll get to shoot as I'll have the baby but come on out, shoot on our dime (you bring ammo) and have some snacks & good conversation.

Anyone else in the area is free to attend too. I actually forgot about it until I read this post (good thing too since I NEED to be there.)

skijunkie55
20 April 2015, 13:20
Hey, what part of the west side? We (MGO) are having a board meeting and fun shoot this Saturday, 2pm at Silver Bullet in Wyoming, MI . I'll be there. Don't know if I'll get to shoot as I'll have the baby but come on out, shoot on our dime (you bring ammo) and have some snacks & good conversation.

Anyone else in the area is free to attend too. I actually forgot about it until I read this post (good thing too since I NEED to be there.)

Nice! I might have to make time for that. I'm about 30 minutes west in Holland and was planning on being in GR for the gun show.

Thompson
20 April 2015, 19:35
Anyone else in the area is free to attend too.
You provide me transpo and I'll come [BD]

UWone77
20 April 2015, 19:44
You provide me transpo and I'll come [BD]

Your mom only giving rides to the mall? [BD]

alamo5000
20 April 2015, 19:53

That's a 3rd degree burn right there. [:D]

GOST
20 April 2015, 19:59
Don't encourage him to pick on kids.

alamo5000
20 April 2015, 20:02

I'm still hearing that sizzle.

GOST
20 April 2015, 20:09
We were all young at one time, and now we're just old.:(

Thompson
20 April 2015, 20:33
Not even, only to the ice cream parlor :P

Thompson
20 April 2015, 20:34
We were all young at one time, and now we're just old.:(
Lol - my body is telling me otherwise.

Ride4frnt
20 April 2015, 20:44
Lol - my body is telling me otherwise.

At 25, I can say that a lot of days I feel 50. Knee surgery at 10. 9 broken ribs, collapsed lung and punctured liver at 14. Numerous shoulder and ankle injuries. Having fun as a kid catches up real quick. I'm learning that now, especially with my back.

alamo5000
20 April 2015, 20:52
At 25, I can say that a lot of days I feel 50. Knee surgery at 10. 9 broken ribs, collapsed lung and punctured liver at 14. Numerous shoulder and ankle injuries. Having fun as a kid catches up real quick. I'm learning that now, especially with my back.

What in the _____?! Who are you? Evil Knievel?

FWIW I am a fine one to talk. I had a horrible accident when I was 15 and wound up spending 2 weeks in the hospital and I was unable to use my right arm (at all) for an entire year. My professional sports career was over in a heart beat.

Ride4frnt
20 April 2015, 21:01
What in the _____?! Who are you? Evil Knievel?

FWIW I am a fine one to talk. I had a horrible accident when I was 15 and wound up spending 2 weeks in the hospital and I was unable to use my right arm (at all) for an entire year. My professional sports career was over in a heart beat.

Same as far as my sports career. All my injuries came from skiing except a broken wrist. The two big ones were a torn acl at 10 and I hit a tree in the woods going about 40 or so mph when I was 14. Thank my lucky stars I'm not dead. No helmet on, if I had hit my head id almost definitely be dead or brain damaged. I hit the tree in just the right way that I didn't break my back. My ribs broke about a centimeter from my spine. One went into my liver, and my right lung collapsed. 2 weeks with a chest tube in the hospital, 6mos bed rest.

That happened 2 days before baseball started my freshman year of high school. Any sport involving any risk of contact was out of the question for over a year, so I switched to golf.

Thompson
20 April 2015, 21:03
Knee surgery at 10.
... that will probably be me one day. I love running (call me crazy) ... but my body sometimes begs to differ lol.

alamo5000
20 April 2015, 21:26
Same as far as my sports career. All my injuries came from skiing except a broken wrist. The two big ones were a torn acl at 10 and I hit a tree in the woods going about 40 or so mph when I was 14. Thank my lucky stars I'm not dead. No helmet on, if I had hit my head id almost definitely be dead or brain damaged. I hit the tree in just the right way that I didn't break my back. My ribs broke about a centimeter from my spine. One went into my liver, and my right lung collapsed. 2 weeks with a chest tube in the hospital, 6mos bed rest.

That happened 2 days before baseball started my freshman year of high school. Any sport involving any risk of contact was out of the question for over a year, so I switched to golf.

I was practicing for national championships in waterskiing (Barefoot) when I had a really bad crash. I tore my arm over my head the wrong way at 40mph. I basically chicken boned my right shoulder. I played football and to a lesser degree baseball but I couldn't do ANYTHING after that. I had a major reconstruction of my right shoulder right after I turned 16.

I had everything lined up... free boats and cars etc etc. As for football my football team that I was on was ranked #1 in the nation by USA today and just about everyone got a full 4 year ride. (I ended up paying my own way through college)

A couple of years after my first accident I moved to Park City and took up snow skiing which was pretty fun (but I never got really good at it) then again I was just trying to have fun and stay out of the emergency room. A few years after that I moved to the North Shore of Oahu and attempted to do things like surf a 15 foot Pipeline bomb (for the record I got my ass kicked and never wanted to do that again)...I was able to make it on smaller waves... about 6-8 footers are the real fun kind!!!!

My shoulder has never gotten better since my original accident so despite my nature to do crazy things like jump out of planes or surf big waves or whatever it's always been a very limiting thing. Wake up in the hospital 5 or 6 times and pretty soon that stuff gets old. My accident was shall we say 'life altering'... in a big way.

Ride4frnt
20 April 2015, 21:33
My accident was shall we say 'life altering'... in a big way.

Heard that. I still ski, and I still wakeboard, etc. but I don't take risks like I did.

alamo5000
20 April 2015, 21:46
Heard that. I still ski, and I still wakeboard, etc. but I don't take risks like I did.

Now I don't do much of anything. I might go scuba diving if I have the chance but nothing with impact involved. No BASE jumping for me LOL.

Going from being very athletic to not even being able to put on your own pants sucks. That stuff will mess with your head.

I still try to find ways to channel my energy. It's a tough thing.

I will tell you what though... surfing is just about as close to euphoria as I have ever experienced. Catch a nice North Shore barrel one time and it feels like the world is moving in slow motion for those few seconds. Then you come out on top of the world completely understanding why people live in vans down by the beach [:D]

mustangfreek
21 April 2015, 01:19

LOL....What the hell..venture off for a few days, still trying to recover from this stupid sickness i have...Volitaile..lol..your gay...[BD]

You let me know, ill come hang/meet up with ya comp.....

mustangfreek
21 April 2015, 01:21
Lol..what the hell..on a roll huh...

Ill admit that was kinda low...but funny at the same time..

lol..

No doubt...I can tell ya first hand.........lol..

GOST
21 April 2015, 02:02

You speak the truth brother. Here's a list of my sport related surgeries:

2 ACL reconstructions
2 meniscus removals
Ruptured intestine
Hernia repair
Abdominal scar tissue removal
Septoplasty and rhinoplasty

Pyzik
21 April 2015, 04:53
Nice! I might have to make time for that. I'm about 30 minutes west in Holland and was planning on being in GR for the gun show.

Look forward to meeting you if you can make it. I'll be probably the only guy with a little girl in tow, if you wanna say hi.

Computalotapus
21 April 2015, 05:18

High School

2x Broken Nose
1 Broken Ankle
3 Broken Ribs
Hyper-Extended Neck
Hyper-Extended Right Elbow

Military

Torn ACL
2x Broken Nose
Fractured Eye Socket
Torn Meniscus

After Military

Shattered Left Hand (Reconstructive Surgery, Artificial bone and joints 8 screws from a 140MPH High-Side wreck @ Thunderhill Speedway in Cali on a GSXR-600 )
Broke Nose ( 2 Rhinoplasty, 2 Septoplasty to get it somewhat straight )

My crazy days are way behind me now and I feel every bit of my past especially in the winter time..one of the reasons I want to move out of Michigan.