PDA

View Full Version : Happy Spring!

SwissyJim
18 April 2015, 21:00
http://player.vimeo.com/video/125358798

Ah, springtime in Alaska... but it's worth it.

Deadwing
19 April 2015, 03:14
Some tasty looking shrimp!

GaSwamper
19 April 2015, 04:55
Sorry Swissy but that is the most miserable looking spring time ever. Like the shooting vids that came up after. What cam are you using for the gun mounted vids? GoPro?

SwissyJim
19 April 2015, 08:48
Sorry Swissy but that is the most miserable looking spring time ever. Like the shooting vids that came up after. What cam are you using for the gun mounted vids? GoPro?

LMAO! Yeah, I'll admit that. This was, in fact, the worst trip we ever did. I always go on opening week as there are less people and I don't have to worry about the idiots dropping their pots on top of mine (and worse..). But we had to leave a day later than planned, and came back 2 days early due to weather or we'd still be stuck out there. In all my years with the boat, I have NEVER seen an entire bay of the ocean a huge slushie. That's how hard it snowed... it took a full day for it to blend into the ocean water, all while playing havoc with my depth finder due to all the fresh water on the surface. But we still got shrimp!

And yeah... I use a gopro (original) with a picatinny mount I found at tacticool22

UWone77
19 April 2015, 09:18
If I lived in Alaska, I would put a serious hurting on the shrimp/crab/seafood in general population.

Computalotapus
19 April 2015, 09:32
Man I wanna come up and hang out

SwissyJim
19 April 2015, 10:45
And then there is the downtime, waiting 4 hours for the pots to fill with shrimp...

http://player.vimeo.com/video/125388185

We threw a milk jug out and had some fun with my Glock/Osprey combo. Fun to see the milk leaking into the water, a great indicator of hits! (and yes we recovered the jug)

GOST
19 April 2015, 10:52
For some reason Safari is not showing the content of Jim's post.

SwissyJim
19 April 2015, 11:03
Try this: Jim's Vimeo Page (https://vimeo.com/swissyjim/videos)
and it's Shrimp 2015 and water jug

that work?

GOST
19 April 2015, 12:46
Yeah that worked. Alaska looks awesome, I wanna be one of the Eskimos from Northern Exposure up there.

alamo5000
19 April 2015, 13:03
If I lived in Alaska, I would put a serious hurting on the shrimp/crab/seafood in general population.

Me too. Between you and me we would be getting pretty fat.

SwissyJim
19 April 2015, 14:04
And if I told you there was no limit on shrimp, only that you can drop 5 pots max and only between April 15th and Sept 15th...

:P

UWone77
19 April 2015, 15:49
Me too. Between you and me we would be getting pretty fat.

Fat? No... that's all protein bro. Just stay away from the potato's and other sides. [:D] Nothing better than just eating crab from the shell.

alamo5000
19 April 2015, 16:22
Fat? No... that's all protein bro. Just stay away from the potato's and other sides. [:D] Nothing better than just eating crab from the shell.

Have you ever tried Singapore Chili Crab? OH MAN... you want to talk about some goodness there...

I can do quite a bit of damage in the seafood department that's for sure. You just keep on speaking my language and I will be sounding like Luis on every other post LOL!

MMMM!!! Craaaaab. MMMM!!! Steak.... MMMM!!!! Shrimp....

mustangfreek
21 April 2015, 01:09
Looks like a good time jim, my kind of stuff..

one day i will visit alaska and venture around.

SINNER
21 April 2015, 08:23

If you ever make it to the east coast we need to hang out. Nothing like filling 5 gallon buckets with clams and oysters while waiting for the crab pots to fill up. And we don't even bother going out if it's not 65* or better.