PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Sparc

Calico Jack
30 April 2015, 11:17
PSA has the Sparc on sale for 119.00 with free shipping for the next few hours. The code is "sparc"

WHSmithIV
30 April 2015, 12:43
Wow - that's a great price! I looked at the PSA page though and it says $159.99

Dstrbdmedic167
30 April 2015, 12:44
Wow - that's a great price! I looked at the PSA page though and it says $159.99

You have to put the code in at checkout

WHSmithIV
30 April 2015, 12:52
So I see - dang, that is one great price for the Sparc. Free shipping too since it's over $100. Wish my Mastercard had that much space currently available.

Pyzik
30 April 2015, 12:56
Tempting. Still waiting to pick up on either the Solar Holo or the PA.

WHSmithIV
30 April 2015, 13:05
The Sparc is a 2 MOA sight and this version has a built in 2x magnifier. Sure wish I had the cash..... :(

JHoward
30 April 2015, 13:26
If it's the first gen Sparc, while it's a great deal, they go on sale for close to that pretty often. And the 2X magnifier is all but useless FWIW.

WHSmithIV
30 April 2015, 13:46
If it's the first gen Sparc, while it's a great deal, they go on sale for close to that pretty often. And the 2X magnifier is all but useless FWIW.

I've never tried one. Why is the 2x magnifier all but useless?

Calico Jack
30 April 2015, 16:14
some think it's useless because it Screws on and not good for close up shooting. It works fine for me. I am not going to battle in the near future so I don't need a swing out magnifier.

WHSmithIV
30 April 2015, 17:05
A magnifier is for more accuracy shooting farther anyway. Seems like it would be fine for what it's intended for. Read a review on that Sparc version. The guy pretty much tried to destroy it. Started by submerging it in water for several hours. Buried it in snow overnight, froze it in the freezer, threw it in the air several times and threw it on the roof of his house for it to roll off of. It still worked. He put it on his gun, zeroed it, then hit it with a rubber mallet. Still held zero. I'd venture to say they are quite rugged.

UWone77
30 April 2015, 18:09
One day if you actually own a SPARC, you'll realize the 2x magnifier that's included is completely worthless. It's blurry, and it's debatable whether it actually it provides magnification.

Calico Jack
30 April 2015, 19:04
I own one. I only used the magnifier when I zeroed it. It was fun to shot with. I have never used a magnifier before this. What sold me was the optic was pretty much dead on zero out of the box. I know this may have been a fluke but I was still pleased. I save the battle ready stuff for my work gun.

Thompson
30 April 2015, 20:00
Tempting. Still waiting to pick up on either the Solar Holo or the PA.
You and me both haha.

Although I will say, before I found out about either, the SPARC was what I was leaning towards purchasing. Pretty decent price for what you get IMO.

Dstrbdmedic167
30 April 2015, 20:03
You and me both haha.

Although I will say, before I found out about either, the SPARC was what I was leaning towards purchasing. Pretty decent price for what you get IMO.

my wife "bought" me one last october when PSA has this same deal. It is great optic for the price. I have it on my 300blk SBR

Thompson
30 April 2015, 20:12
my wife "bought" me one last october when PSA has this same deal. It is great optic for the price. I have it on my 300blk SBR
... if only the Gen 2 would go down that cheap ... then we'd be talking.

Dstrbdmedic167
30 April 2015, 20:13
... if only the Gen 2 would go down that cheap ... then we'd be talking.

Agreed

WHSmithIV
30 April 2015, 21:03
One day if you actually own a SPARC, you'll realize the 2x magnifier that's included is completely worthless. It's blurry, and it's debatable whether it actually it provides magnification.

Thanks for that info Uwone. I have the Vortex 3x flip to side magnifier with the Strikefire II. The magnifier is nice. The flip to side mount has some play when it's flipped in position that I'm not pleased with. I mailed Vortex about it and the answer I got back was that up to 1/8th " play in either direction is normal and won't effect point of impact of where the red dot is. Well... that's just not good enough. I have fixed it though. I installed a thin shim in the rail clamp. No more play and it is perfectly lined up when flipped in. They should have simply added an adjustment there for it.