PDA

View Full Version : New Griffin Video by Silencer Shop

alamo5000
4 May 2015, 15:43
They had an old video up that is a few years old that was tested using an old design. This is the results of Silencer Shop's independent testing.

I've been told it will be back in stock 'within a week or two'... the minute they come in... Form 4 here we come. [:D]

But on another note, comparatively speaking vs other suppressors how do the results here stack up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6LAbjH03I

VIPER 237
4 May 2015, 16:14
Those are amazing numbers and yet another reason why I recommend the Recce 5 over any other 5.56 can out there.

alamo5000
4 May 2015, 16:21
I am impatient---hence my tag line that a certain someone that shall remain nameless (ahem! Uwone) gave me.... [:D]

I've heard nothing but good things about them. The same day that I got my trust signed and notarized I went to go take the plunge and to my dismay they were OUT OF STOCK...so I have been waiting on them to get another batch in...

But this is the one I am getting.

VIPER 237
4 May 2015, 16:34
Haha! I just noticed that. Props to UWone77!

UWone77
4 May 2015, 16:38
We've all been there... waiting for a particular item and you're doing anything and everything to keep you occupied until it arrives.

alamo5000
4 May 2015, 17:02
We've all been there... waiting for a particular item and you're doing anything and everything to keep you occupied until it arrives.

If I don't get something quick I think I will explode [:D] My money is burning a hole in my pocket LOL!

I am also thinking about building a 12.5" 5.56 SBR but I am not 100% with that one yet, like I am with the suppressor. I am usually very judicious with my money so I try to do my homework before I make major purchases regardless of what it is. I very seldom make impulse buys.

But once I make up my mind it just kills me to not be able to just go get what I want LOL[BD]

toolboxluis00200
4 May 2015, 18:42
Dose are impressive Numbers

BoilerUp
4 May 2015, 20:47
I think I want the Recce 7 for multiple platforms, including 5.56, .300 BLK, and 6.8. Seems like a good all-around can. Still need to get my trust set up.

alamo5000
4 May 2015, 21:25
I think I want the Recce 7 for multiple platforms, including 5.56, .300 BLK, and 6.8. Seems like a good all-around can. Still need to get my trust set up.

I considered getting the 7 but it was a short lived process (at least for me). I know some people want a do all suppressor for multiple calibers but in all honesty I am not quite there yet for a number of reasons. If you are already into those calibers then by all means do your thing. You could do a whole lot worse [:D]

As for the trust you seriously can't get any easier than Coyote. It was just ridiculously easy. Under $100 bucks and you're good. Even if you don't use it immediately it will be there waiting for when you really do need it.

six8
5 May 2015, 05:06
Me too. Hopefully mine will be here soon.

alamo5000
5 May 2015, 15:14
Me too. Hopefully mine will be here soon.

Your trust or your suppressor? Did you already get the stuff in for it? How long has it been?

six8
5 May 2015, 15:24
Your trust or your suppressor? Did you already get the stuff in for it? How long has it been?
Suppressor. Paperwork was submitted 3/16. Seems like a year ago lol

alamo5000
5 May 2015, 15:31
Suppressor. Paperwork was submitted 3/16. Seems like a year ago lol

Oh don't complain too much or Uwone will tag you with a snarky name [:D]

My Recce 5 should be back in stock I am hoping really soon. After that I will wait patiently. Well maybe not patiently, but I will wait. [:D]

I would be interested to try out the 7 for sure. I also find their 9mm Revolution to be another possibility.

I might as well admit to myself that I want them all.

six8
5 May 2015, 15:34
Oh don't complain too much or Uwone will tag you with a snarky name [:D]

My Recce 5 should be back in stock I am hoping really soon. After that I will wait patiently. Well maybe not patiently, but I will wait. [:D]

I would be interested to try out the 7 for sure. I also find their 9mm Revolution to be another possibility.

I might as well admit to myself that I want them all.
I went with the Recce 7. I've shot one before on a 300bo and it was ridiculously quiet.

Former11B
7 May 2015, 15:22
I should be ordering my Recce 5 in about two weeks

alamo5000
7 May 2015, 15:32
I should be ordering my Recce 5 in about two weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPVMSQtaZlY

alamo5000
7 May 2015, 15:35
I was told one week ago today "in the next week or two"...so I am hoping mine will be ordered soon as well.