PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic Radio - Anyone listen?

Pyzik
13 May 2015, 05:43
Easily my favorite gun podcast that I listen to. This last episode was another really good one and just wanted to share for anyone who is unfamiliar.

The show is centered around defensive firearm use. Mostly by civilians but looking at data from police as well. Great show.

http://ballisticradio.com/podcasts/

The show airs on Sundays and they usually have the podcast up sometime Tuesday morning.

He's always got great guests on; Claude Werner, Todd Green, Rob Pincus, Paul Sharp, Dr. William Aprill, ect.

six8
13 May 2015, 06:22
I've listened to 0 podcasts in my life. Weird huh?

Pyzik
13 May 2015, 06:36
I've listened to 0 podcasts in my life. Weird huh?

Eh, not necessarily. My wife hasn't either. She thinks they're boring.

I have to be in "the mood" for music so I default to books or talk.

Computalotapus
13 May 2015, 07:30
What's a podcast? I kid..I kid!!

I will add it to the list. I usually only listen to them when I am working on server migration projects. Basically to drown out the noise the other techs make with their air holes and I just need something to block them out so I can get my work done.

alamo5000
13 May 2015, 07:35
My first gun-cast was something I watched on youtube. I was curious about some Rainier Arms stuff and ran across it by happenstance.

I found that one interesting not just because of the gun stuff but the story behind it all.

Other than that I've never really listened to one although it could be interesting. I might give it a shot.

FWIW here is the youtube video I found by accident that I really liked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3siElrWJ_Gc

Uffdaphil
13 May 2015, 15:14
Do my old Hopalong Cassidy radio shows on an iPod count as a podcast? If so then I have listened to some. It's funny how if you were not exposed to internet use by a certain age, learning to use the tools is like reading Latin when you have never taken a class. Fortunately at my age I don't give a rip. Plenty of other interests to keep me busy.

Sasage
3 May 2016, 17:46
I have an hour commute several days a week, so I have a list of podcasts, Ballistic Radio being the only firearm related one these days.

Jerry R
4 May 2016, 08:43
Do my old Hopalong Cassidy radio shows on an iPod count as a podcast?

Fair warning ... if you are drinking any sort of liquid,swallow before scrolling down. If you don't I am not responsible for your monitor/keyboard when it shoots out your nose ! [BD]

Why don't we all embarrass ourselves - me first !!

So ... Speaking of Mr. Cassidy; in the mid 50's one of my Christmas presents was a Hopalong Cassidy "outfit". My wife, in her infinite wisdom [bash], scanned and saved some (very) old pictures. And ... here I am in all my youthful glory. I know, I know; booger hook on the bang switch, piss poor attitude on my face (didn't want the picture taken), but Hopalong on my hip !!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/pdogkilr/Family/Me%20as%20Hopalong_zpsbbunbc8s.jpg~original

Back on topic - I have not listened to their podcasts, but I will.