PDA

View Full Version : MAD MAX Fury Road

GaSwamper
16 May 2015, 08:58
Slipped away long enough to see it last night. Anyone else planning to check it out? They def pulled out all the stops and went full insane with this. Overall it was good but you really need to be a Mad Max fan, and at the same time while ole whats his face does a good job at playing Max it's not quite the Mad Max of my youth. Still a good segment of the genre but will miss the wit of Mel in Thunderdome.

velocity2006
16 May 2015, 10:24
Going to see it tonight with the woman and some friends, looks excellent.

Ordnance
16 May 2015, 18:39
Slipped away long enough to see it last night. Anyone else planning to check it out? They def pulled out all the stops and went full insane with this. Overall it was good but you really need to be a Mad Max fan, and at the same time while ole whats his face does a good job at playing Max it's not quite the Mad Max of my youth. Still a good segment of the genre but will miss the wit of Mel in Thunderdome.

So when you say you definitely need to be a Mad Max fan, is it because they're following all the movie timelines in one, or is it just the characters?

GaSwamper
16 May 2015, 19:33
Just the style I guess. My wife never really watched any of the others so I had to explain a lot, and I guess some of wouldn't make sense if you weren't familiar with the world Max is in and crap he's been through. I purposely never researched this one and tried not to watch the trailers so even for me the timeline is a little shaky. I'm undecided if this is a continuation after thunderdome or a prequel to road warrior. Seems more of a prequel really.

Mecha_Arms
17 May 2015, 00:52
The director has said that it's not directly related to the previous films, and the hallucinations the main character has would indicate the same as well.

GaSwamper
17 May 2015, 09:27
The director has said that it's not directly related to the previous films, and the hallucinations the main character has would indicate the same as well.

That makes sense, there's a little girl he see's that I couldn't figure out where she came from. They did make it close enough to the previous films they should have just carried on the storyline I think.

MonkeyBomb
17 May 2015, 11:06
I saw it on Friday. It's a good movie. Better than the trailers would leave you to believe. I really enjoyed it and it is a stand alone movie with nods to the original. The bad guy in this movie is the same actor as the road warrior, Lord Humungus.

GaSwamper
17 May 2015, 12:28
I saw it on Friday. It's a good movie. Better than the trailers would leave you to believe. I really enjoyed it and it is a stand alone movie with nods to the original. The bad guy in this movie is the same actor as the road warrior, Lord Humungus.

That's cool, I didn't know that was him. He's a scary lookin sucker.