PDA

View Full Version : LW BCG with Adjustable Gas Block?

GOST
16 May 2015, 10:25
Here's a question for you guys that run adjustable gas blocks. Do you guys run light weight BCG's with your adjustable gas blocks?

Mecha_Arms
17 May 2015, 00:54
I think it's the other way around. If you're running a light BCG, you're probably running an adjustable gas block, but just having the adjustable doesn't mean you're running a light weight carrier.

My most recently build has an adjustable gas block, but I've got a Fathom Arms carrier in it (it hasn't made its way to the range yet for a function test, but I'm not anticipating any problems).

GOST
17 May 2015, 03:33
The question wasn't to ask if one drove you to have the other. A lot of my friends have converted to adjustable gas blocks but most run a standard FA carrier. I understand tuning gas but have no experience with LW carriers and was wanting to hear about them.

Former11B
17 May 2015, 17:36
I use a standard M16 BCG in my adjustable gas builds

Dstrbdmedic167
17 May 2015, 19:10
I use a standard M16 BCG in my adjustable gas builds

Same here. I use full M16 carriers in everything as well.

SwissyJim
17 May 2015, 22:30
Same here. I use full M16 carriers in everything as well.
ditto

John Hwang
19 May 2015, 14:20
Having the ability to adjust gas when ever you are changing the carrier or buffer weight is a good idea. You can get the ejection dialed in.

AaronP220
21 May 2015, 11:17
I'm running a Syrac adjustable gas block, Young MFG Light BCG and Carbine buffer and spring in one of my Mega 14.5 builds.

Runs like a sewing machine. The gas is tuned almost perfectly, just slightly over-gassed for reliability. Recoil is almost non-existent and it's SUPER flat. I'm running almost the same set up in my 10.5" Mega MKM except it's using a Lantac E-BCG.

Here's a video of the Mega 10.5" shooting (sorry if it doesn't play yet. I literally just uploaded it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OiLTkh2W4w&feature=youtu.be

Aragorn
21 May 2015, 11:54
I'm running a Syrac adjustable gas block, Young MFG Light BCG and Carbine buffer and spring in one of my Mega 14.5 builds.

Runs like a sewing machine. The gas is tuned almost perfectly, just slightly over-gassed for reliability. Recoil is almost non-existent and it's SUPER flat. I'm running almost the same set up in my 10.5" Mega MKM except it's using a Lantac E-BCG.

Here's a video of the Mega 10.5" shooting (sorry if it doesn't play yet. I literally just uploaded it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OiLTkh2W4w&feature=youtu.be

Do you also run a brake on your 14.5?

AaronP220
21 May 2015, 12:04
Do you also run a brake on your 14.5?

I either run a Lantac Dragon (on guns I'm not suppressing) or a AAC 51T brake (for the suppressed guns)

Aragorn
21 May 2015, 12:13
Oh. Have you tested performance on the adjustable GB/lightweight internals without a compensator? I debated do this but would rather run a flash hider.

AaronP220
21 May 2015, 13:46
Oh. Have you tested performance on the adjustable GB/lightweight internals without a compensator? I debated do this but would rather run a flash hider.

We did on a buddies 16" BCM. He went from the standard out of the box BCM with their flash hider / comp but he had added a PWS H3 buffer. We swapped in a Syrac adjustable block, Young LW BCG, Carbine Buffer and AAC 51T Flash hider. What are your questions about that system?

Aragorn
22 May 2015, 19:35
We did on a buddies 16" BCM. He went from the standard out of the box BCM with their flash hider / comp but he had added a PWS H3 buffer. We swapped in a Syrac adjustable block, Young LW BCG, Carbine Buffer and AAC 51T Flash hider. What are your questions about that system?

Mostly about recoil impulse. When I tried lighter components, recoil sharpened. Does tuning down the gas do much without also using a brake?