PDA

View Full Version : My score today!

SwissyJim
22 May 2015, 14:54
Man, I scored today... wife told me SHE wanted to go browse Cabela's, so who was I to argue? I was not thinking I'd find anything, and kinda wondered around some before I ended up in the guns/ammo section. HOLY CRAP! I've not seen powder like that in over 2 years! I scored 2 pounds each A1680, Re7, Varget, H110, IMR4227, HS6 and titegroup. not to mention 2 100rnd boxes of CCI mini-mag 22lr for ptarmigan hunting. I could have doubled up on everything since the wife was with me, but not that greedy. Others need stuff too...

yahoo! Glad I stayed in town this weekend...

jymbeux
22 May 2015, 14:58
That's awesome! I've seen a few of those powders recently but not all at the same time.. And 22 to boot? Almost like the good old days!

Dstrbdmedic167
22 May 2015, 15:28
I am beyond jealous on the 1680 alone... Great score my friend

SwissyJim
22 May 2015, 16:07
The amazing thing was there was LOADS of powders - lots I don't use or need, above what I bought. by far the biggest load of powder I have seen since the craziness this time around started. And yeah... 22lr! unicorn tears!! I found Unicorn Tears!!

Dstrbdmedic167
22 May 2015, 16:20
You done good son you done good....

PS: Check my page in a few for a cool video!

alamo5000
22 May 2015, 16:50
I just scored #8 of varget online. It wound up being something like $26 per pound once I added shipping and everything including that damn hazmat fee :)

But I have enough powder now to last me a while.

So far I have only been loading a little bit here and there but I have 300 rounds of match grade same head stamped rounds measured to 24.30 grains of varget with a +-.02 possible variation in charge (this equates to one granule of powder)

I am getting the system down so I am getting a lot faster at it...

WHSmithIV
22 May 2015, 17:59
The amazing thing was there was LOADS of powders - lots I don't use or need, above what I bought. by far the biggest load of powder I have seen since the craziness this time around started. And yeah... 22lr! unicorn tears!! I found Unicorn Tears!!

Congrats Jim - I'm glad for you buddy [:)]