PDA

View Full Version : Aero Precision now offering factory SBR's

Dstrbdmedic167
12 June 2015, 16:01
All pics and info from this is from Aero precision and in response to the recent disapproval of all form 1's in Washington state. I hate it for you guys up there. It seems to be a reasonable option for a fair price I think. It comes in 2 configurations. Standard and Enhanced. They are priced $699 and $749 respectively. Specs below...

OEM SBR 7.5"

"The OEM SBR is the perfect foundation for your SBR build. Created with price in mind, this manufactured SBR features everything needed to be classified as an SBR without the additional cost.

Since this is a manufactured SBR, it can be purchased through a Form 4 instead of a Form 1. After Form 4 approval, customize this SBR to your liking by adding your own stock, handguard and more. The choice is yours!

Product Features
Standard AR15 Upper Receiver and Barrel Nut
7.5" 5.56 Pistol Length Barrel and Gas System
AR15 Gen 2 Lower Receiver
Standard AR15 Lower Parts Kit
Standard AR15 Buffer Kit 6 Position Buffer Tube"

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/oem-sbr-75-standard.html

Enhanced SBR 7.5"

"Product Features
M4E1 Enhanced for use with Aero Precision and other BAR style handguards
7.5" 5.56 Pistol Length Barrel and Gas System
AR15 Gen 2 Lower Receiver
Standard AR15 Lower Parts Kit
Standard AR15 Buffer Kit 6 Position Buffer Tube"

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/oem-sbr-75-enhanced.html

Edit: Pics wouldn't work. Maybe a mod can get them

BoilerUp
12 June 2015, 19:34
I guess no one told them that the BATFE considers it illegal under WA law to manufacture SBRs in the state of Washington....

UWone77
12 June 2015, 19:35
I guess no one told them that the BATFE considers it illegal under WA law to manufacture SBRs in the state of Washington....

I guess they'll just have to wait for the raid... [:D]

Dstrbdmedic167
12 June 2015, 19:39
I guess they'll just have to wait for the raid... [:D]

I am genuinely curious how that works lol...

Mecha_Arms
12 June 2015, 22:57
They had mentioned they were working on this right after the news about the ATF changing their mind on Washington SBRs dropped. Glad to see it came together so quickly.

I also saw that Rainier will take customer components and manufacture ("make?" whatever the proper ATF-approved term is in WA) Form 4 SBRs. If that's true, that's helpful as well.

Unicorn
16 June 2015, 00:46
1. It's a state law not federal so the BATFE doesn't really care.
2. More importantly, the state law doesn't prohibit the manufacture of SBRs FOR EXPORT.

A SBR can not be manufactured in WA except for export, so a manufacturer such as Aero Precision can make them for sale outside the state. A dealer can buy SBRs made out of state and sell them, but not make them.

(b) A person, including an employee of such person if the employee has undergone fingerprinting and a background check, who or which is exempt from or licensed under federal law, and engaged in the production, manufacture, repair, or testing of machine guns, short-barreled shotguns, or short-barreled rifles:
(i) To be used or purchased by the armed forces of the United States;
(ii) To be used or purchased by federal, state, county, or municipal law enforcement agencies; or
(iii) For exportation in compliance with all applicable federal laws and regulations.

This also means that Ranier can not take the customer supplied components and make them as that is manufacturing the SBR for use in the state. The ATF doesn't give a damn about it all as long as they get their money. It's the state law that is jacked up.