PDA

View Full Version : Few questions. About 300blk build

toolboxluis00200
16 June 2015, 19:48
OK guy I have afew questions
What adjustable gas block are some of you guys are using??
What is your favored ammo that you can buy of the shelf sonic and subsonic ammo ??
Is the BCG the same as a 556 correct??

Any suggestions are welcome

ok small update UV is not sending me the 16 barrel instead a 10.5 :P
so now i need a new rail ?? i am looking at some 10inch rails and some .30cal muzzle breaks all so

alamo5000
16 June 2015, 20:03
I just bought an SLR Sentry 7 gas block from SLR Rifleworks. I like it so far but I am sure there are a number of options. I did the T&E on the upper that had a Syriac gas block...that one functioned about the same as the SLR one. I think either would be a good choice, not because I am an expert but because they both supposedly come from reputable companies and based on what I have seen, both are extremely solid and easy to use. Plus you can really fine tune your rifle when you have 15 or so settings to choose from... It's not like an A setting a B setting or a C setting...

Truth be told I am still learning about mine but I looked into them before I bought and they (and I am sure several other options) would be good choices.

The BCG is the same. The brass is 5.56 brass that is chopped off and resized length wise.

EDIT: and FWIW I think you will pay out the nose for decent off the shelf .300 BO ammo. If you plan on shooting it a lot I highly recommend getting into reloading.

Mecha_Arms
16 June 2015, 20:36
I really like the Barnes VOR-TX supersonic ammo. As mentioned, it's expensive. Reloading is definitely recommended with 300 BLK.

I haven't used it, but Gemtech has a sale right now on subsonic ammo.

toolboxluis00200
16 June 2015, 20:51
I just bought an SLR Sentry 7 gas block from SLR Rifleworks. I like it so far but I am sure there are a number of options. I did the T&E on the upper that had a Syriac gas block...that one functioned about the same as the SLR one. I think either would be a good choice, not because I am an expert but because they both supposedly come from reputable companies and based on what I have seen, both are extremely solid and easy to use. Plus you can really fine tune your rifle when you have 15 or so settings to choose from... It's not like an A setting a B setting or a C setting...

Truth be told I am still learning about mine but I looked into them before I bought and they (and I am sure several other options) would be good choices.

The BCG is the same. The brass is 5.56 brass that is chopped off and resized length wise.

EDIT: and FWIW I think you will pay out the nose for decent off the shelf .300 BO ammo. If you plan on shooting it a lot I highly recommend getting into reloading.

i mite go whit the SLR gas block plus ther local to me i can just drive up and get on
i did not remember if the BCG was the same as the 556 thanks for the reminder :)
yeah this will be more of a HD upper so i will not shoot it a lot maybe one day if i have the space and the money i can look at reloading the 300blk ammo

toolboxluis00200
16 June 2015, 20:52
I really like the Barnes VOR-TX supersonic ammo. As mentioned, it's expensive. Reloading is definitely recommended with 300 BLK.

I haven't used it, but Gemtech has a sale right now on subsonic ammo.

cool i will look into that company the Gemtech dose have some nice 220GR sub sonic ammo

alamo5000
16 June 2015, 21:08
i mite go whit the SLR gas block plus ther local to me i can just drive up and get on
i did not remember if the BCG was the same as the 556 thanks for the reminder :)
yeah this will be more of a HD upper so i will not shoot it a lot maybe one day if i have the space and the money i can look at reloading the 300blk ammo

They have several styles and types so look on their website. Some are clamp on. Others are set screw. Mine is the set screw type. You'll have to ask someone with more technical knowledge than me as to what kind is better or why one over the other....all I know is I try my best to not buy junk and I most certainly haven't been disappointed with hardly anything ever recommended to me here on WEVO.

It's just me but I would rather save up and get something I know I will enjoy and that will work. I am probably not your guy that would try to build a $500 AR... so keep that in mind LOL... not that I am made out of money, but I would rather wait and get something I know I will enjoy and that will give me no problems.

bzdog
17 June 2015, 09:20
Personally, I'd just go with pistol gas, an H2 buffer and not worry about an adjustable gas block, but.. *shrug*.

WRT defensive ammunition, there are only a couple I'd consider.

Personally, I keep a stock of the Barnes black tips for defense. These should maintain rifle velocities even in an SBRs to ~200 yards and will still expand much farther than that. They are barrier blind as well. The only downside is they may penetrate a bit more than is optimal in certain applications.

As an alternative to the Barnes black tips, the 78gr Lehigh is interesting. Super fast, fragmenting. Should provide a similar effect to fragmenting 5.56, but bigger. Should be better if you need to minimize penetration.

The think to keep in mind is many bullets designed for .308 Win don't perform optimally in 300 BLK applications. There are a fair number of them that do "OK" and some that don't work well at all for one reason or another, but for optimal performance, you need something designed for 300 BLK, and optimally, something light.

Because of the large projectile, it's easy to end up with something that is heavier and slower, and when you dip too far below 2000fps, you potentially lose the rifle wound characteristics. So even with supers, you typically want to stick to something on the light end of the spectrum, say < 131gr.

Personally I prefer supersonic over subsonic for defense since you drop from rifle wound characteristics with supers, down to pistol wound characteristics with subs. There are a fair number of subs for 300 BLK, but AFAIK there are only one or two that actually expand. Non expanding subs would drop you even further in performance, down to something like .45 BALL wound profiles.

The other thing to look out for is certain sub loads have issues feeding in AR mags or cycling correctly.

So for me, if I were to consider subs, pretty much the only thing I'd go for is the Lehigh 168gr as it both feeds well in an AR and fractures.

There are a couple of high quality training rounds from larger companies. There are a LOT of small companies making training quality ammunition with .308 Win bullets. Quality varies, I'm disinclined to try to sift through them to find something decent at enough of a discount to make the effort worth while. YMMV.

-john

SUPERSONIC

Barnes black tip
barrier blind, expanding, rifle velocities (older version 110gr, newer version 120gr)
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/430384/barnes-vor-tx-ammunition-300-aac-blackout-110-grain-tipped-tac-tx-bullet-flat-base-lead-free-box-of-20
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/551382/barnes-vor-tx-ammunition-300-aac-blackout-120-grain-tac-tx-tipped-flat-base-lead-free-box-of-20

Lehigh Defense 78gr whisper CQD
light, fast
http://www.lehighdefense.com/products/300-aac-blackout-whisper-78gr-high-velocity-close-quarters-lead-free-ammo

SUBSONIC

Lehigh Defense 168gr Controlled Fracturing (SKU 02301168L)
http://www.lehighdefense.com/collections/ammo/products/controlled-fracturing-300-aac-blackout-whisper-168gr-ammo
http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=92406&start=10 (see post by "Dr. Phil")

( Fracturing, designed to feed in AR )

TRAINING

Remington UMC 120gr (L300AAC1)
http://www.sgammo.com/product/remington/200-round-case-300-blackout-120-grain-otfb-open-tip-supersonic-remington-umc-ammo-

Barnes RangeAR
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/977475/barnes-rangear-ammunition-300-aac-blackout-90-grain-open-tip-match-otm-box-of-20?cm_vc=ProductFinding

toolboxluis00200
17 June 2015, 09:51
They have several styles and types so look on their website. Some are clamp on. Others are set screw. Mine is the set screw type. You'll have to ask someone with more technical knowledge than me as to what kind is better or why one over the other....all I know is I try my best to not buy junk and I most certainly haven't been disappointed with hardly anything ever recommended to me here on WEVO.

It's just me but I would rather save up and get something I know I will enjoy and that will work. I am probably not your guy that would try to build a $500 AR... so keep that in mind LOL... not that I am made out of money, but I would rather wait and get something I know I will enjoy and that will give me no problems.

Thanks for the info. I like the set screew one my self they fill more stable to me any way plus I did the numbers. It won't be a $500 rifle lol

toolboxluis00200
17 June 2015, 10:11
Personally, I'd just go with pistol gas, an H2 buffer and not worry about an adjustable gas block, but.. *shrug*.

WRT defensive ammunition, there are only a couple I'd consider.

Personally, I keep a stock of the Barnes black tips for defense. These should maintain rifle velocities even in an SBRs to ~200 yards and will still expand much farther than that. They are barrier blind as well. The only downside is they may penetrate a bit more than is optimal in certain applications.

As an alternative to the Barnes black tips, the 78gr Lehigh is interesting. Super fast, fragmenting. Should provide a similar effect to fragmenting 5.56, but bigger. Should be better if you need to minimize penetration.

The think to keep in mind is many bullets designed for .308 Win don't perform optimally in 300 BLK applications. There are a fair number of them that do "OK" and some that don't work well at all for one reason or another, but for optimal performance, you need something designed for 300 BLK, and optimally, something light.

Because of the large projectile, it's easy to end up with something that is heavier and slower, and when you dip too far below 2000fps, you potentially lose the rifle wound characteristics. So even with supers, you typically want to stick to something on the light end of the spectrum, say < 131gr.

Personally I prefer supersonic over subsonic for defense since you drop from rifle wound characteristics with supers, down to pistol wound characteristics with subs. There are a fair number of subs for 300 BLK, but AFAIK there are only one or two that actually expand. Non expanding subs would drop you even further in performance, down to something like .45 BALL wound profiles.

The other thing to look out for is certain sub loads have issues feeding in AR mags or cycling correctly.

So for me, if I were to consider subs, pretty much the only thing I'd go for is the Lehigh 168gr as it both feeds well in an AR and fractures.

There are a couple of high quality training rounds from larger companies. There are a LOT of small companies making training quality ammunition with .308 Win bullets. Quality varies, I'm disinclined to try to sift through them to find something decent at enough of a discount to make the effort worth while. YMMV.

-john

SUPERSONIC

Barnes black tip
barrier blind, expanding, rifle velocities (older version 110gr, newer version 120gr)
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/430384/barnes-vor-tx-ammunition-300-aac-blackout-110-grain-tipped-tac-tx-bullet-flat-base-lead-free-box-of-20
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/551382/barnes-vor-tx-ammunition-300-aac-blackout-120-grain-tac-tx-tipped-flat-base-lead-free-box-of-20

Lehigh Defense 78gr whisper CQD
light, fast
http://www.lehighdefense.com/products/300-aac-blackout-whisper-78gr-high-velocity-close-quarters-lead-free-ammo

SUBSONIC

Lehigh Defense 168gr Controlled Fracturing (SKU 02301168L)
http://www.lehighdefense.com/collections/ammo/products/controlled-fracturing-300-aac-blackout-whisper-168gr-ammo
http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=92406&start=10 (see post by "Dr. Phil")

( Fracturing, designed to feed in AR )

TRAINING

Remington UMC 120gr (L300AAC1)
http://www.sgammo.com/product/remington/200-round-case-300-blackout-120-grain-otfb-open-tip-supersonic-remington-umc-ammo-

Barnes RangeAR
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/977475/barnes-rangear-ammunition-300-aac-blackout-90-grain-open-tip-match-otm-box-of-20?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Thank you for the info and links. I will all so look in to good mags for the 300blk

BC98
17 June 2015, 10:29
I would skip the adjustable gas block and pick up a barrel from a known-good maker that will function correctly. Noveske, AAC, and Ballistic Advantage all have solid offerings.

Above, someone had mentioned the 120gr OTFB ammo (L300AAC1) for training ammo. Be aware that Remington has discontinued that load for the L300AAC2, which is more expensive. The case and bullet are both produced by Barnes and it's selling for around $19 per box.

If the link for the 120gr ammo is good, pick it up. Accuracy for me was okay (not stellar) and it functioned 100%. I would definitely look into reloading. I've had good accuracy with 125gr Speer TNT's, which are also inexpensive, and converted brass.

There's no real limitation on mags. You can use any standard USGI mag for 300 BLK. You do have to watch OAL if you start to reload your own ammo as the bullet diameter can interfere with the the front stiffening rib in the mag.

bzdog
17 June 2015, 10:58
Thank you for the info and links. I will all so look in to good mags for the 300blk

Just get good mags. If you have problems, it's probably the ammunition.

I use M3 windowed PMags and GI, but any quality mag should be fine.

-john

SINNER
17 June 2015, 10:59
He was given a Rainier Ultramatch carbine length barrel. And I have 5 different Blackouts in various lengths and gas systems and would never build another one again that I planned on subs and supers without a adjustable gas block.

SINNER
17 June 2015, 11:01
Blackouts feed better than 5.56 rounds in every mag I have used. From cheap USGI copies to Hexmags and Lancers. The minimal shoulders feed flawlessly.

bzdog
17 June 2015, 11:04
What gas and buffer? Pistol gas and H2 should be OK with supers or subs + suppressor.

IIRC, may not lock bolt on last round with subs and NO suppressor.

-john

bzdog
17 June 2015, 11:13
Accuracy for me was okay (not stellar) and it functioned 100%.

Yes, the UMC is reliable and has high quality brass (if you wish to reload), but BC98's accuracy observations are echoed on the net.

Actually I've seen similar claims for the pre-loaded Barnes ammunition, although the black tip bullet is available for reloaders if more precision is needed.

-john

bzdog
17 June 2015, 11:45
Above, someone had mentioned the 120gr OTFB ammo (L300AAC1) for training ammo. Be aware that Remington has discontinued that load for the L300AAC2,

While totally non-intuitive, I think it's the other way around. How they managed to start with 2 and why they decided to go down instead of up is anyone's guess.

OLD: (115gr)
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/17/f931676cdcb6ed5611aa8d97c8b6e987.jpg

NEW: (120gr)
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/17/0f1f3c2ce2d846ebea7353efcec25352.jpg

OTOH, it really doesn't matter that much. Either one should be fine.

-john

UWone77
17 June 2015, 12:24
I was shooting Remington UMC pretty much exclusively for practice ammo. It's actually good stuff. Sometimes I'd shoot PNW 147gr Range Ammo depending on the price I could buy it for.

BC98
17 June 2015, 12:36
He was given a Rainier Ultramatch carbine length barrel. And I have 5 different Blackouts in various lengths and gas systems and would never build another one again that I planned on subs and supers without a adjustable gas block.

I may have gotten lucky then. I had two 9" barrels (AAC and Delta Company) with pistol gas and both functioned subs and supers unsuppressed with an VLTOR A5-H3 and A5-H4 buffer and Sprinco Green spring. By all accounts, the subs should not have fed nor should the bolt have locked back on empty but it did. Though, I'm not sure about how a carbine system would run.

ETA:
bzdog,

I see you are correct. Also, Remington hasn't updated their website to correct the change. That must have threw me for a loop.

toolboxluis00200
17 June 2015, 14:21
Thanks for all the info guys I do have a few USGI mags I can use dose for know untile I find the ammo I want to use for HD

din
17 June 2015, 18:34
Luis, for magazines I've had really good luck with the Lancers. I only use the translucent smoke colored ones for 300 BLK for easy ammo ID so I don't mix it up with my 5.56, and I use different colored furniture on different calibers, too, so I can make sure I don't load the wrong ammo into the wrong gun. You can get pretty good prices on the clear Lancers if you shop around.

Mecha_Arms
17 June 2015, 22:09
Luis, for magazines I've had really good luck with the Lancers. I only use the translucent smoke colored ones for 300 BLK for easy ammo ID so I don't mix it up with my 5.56, and I use different colored furniture on different calibers, too, so I can make sure I don't load the wrong ammo into the wrong gun. You can get pretty good prices on the clear Lancers if you shop around.

I also prefer to use Lancers (Smoke) for 300 BLK. I've read of folks having trouble with PMAGs with 300 BLK, but haven't seen that myself. Gen 3 PMAGs have worked fine for me with factory loads.

Dstrbdmedic167
18 June 2015, 04:27
I've used gen 2 and 3 pmags without issues it I personally use hexmags with the HexID system to help differentiate between calibers. However I still visually look before I put each mag in.

Dstrbdmedic167
18 June 2015, 04:31
Luis what all do you need to finish your upper? I couldn't find the spare 5/8x24 MD I thought I had but I may pick one up for ya and wanted to see what else you needed.

toolboxluis00200
18 June 2015, 07:02
Thanks guys for the info on the lancer mags I will look in to dose

toolboxluis00200
18 June 2015, 07:24
Luis what all do you need to finish your upper? I couldn't find the spare 5/8x24 MD I thought I had but I may pick one up for ya and wanted to see what else you needed.

Right now I am just wating on the part some of the WEVO members are sending me from their I got to make a list of what I need

Dstrbdmedic167
18 June 2015, 07:25
Right now I am just wating on the part some of the WEVO members are sending me from their I got to make a list of what I need

Well when you get everything let me know. I think between me and others you should have a complete upper soon.

UWone77
18 June 2015, 07:26
Luis, you definitely need to get a Fathom BCG.

toolboxluis00200
18 June 2015, 09:34
Well when you get everything let me know. I think between me and others you should have a complete upper soon.

Hope fully soon I will have a list so far I know I need
Bcg
Carbine gas tube
Adjustable gas block
And some iron shights
I now that most stuff I can buy but I have to wait till I pay off my CC first

toolboxluis00200
18 June 2015, 09:35

Thanks for the reminder I need to look them up

toolboxluis00200
18 June 2015, 17:53

I look them up it is a nice BCG. I need to save money now

Uffdaphil
18 June 2015, 22:01
I don't know about the Hex Mags, but read complaints about Pmags and some about Lancers (love 'em for 5.56). THE D&H teflon USGI variation is designed specifically for the round. They are stamped 300BLK. I've only gone though a few. No probs yet.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/AR-Style-Magazine-300-Blackout-30-Round-DH/productinfo/TR-DHMAG30-300BLK/

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/uffdaphil/image.jpg1_32.jpg (http://s150.photobucket.com/user/uffdaphil/media/image.jpg1_32.jpg.html)

toolboxluis00200
19 June 2015, 10:44
I don't know about the Hex Mags, but read complaints about Pmags and some about Lancers (love 'em for 5.56). THE D&H teflon USGI variation is designed specifically for the round. They are stamped 300BLK. I've only gone though a few. No probs yet.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/AR-Style-Magazine-300-Blackout-30-Round-DH/productinfo/TR-DHMAG30-300BLK/

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/uffdaphil/image.jpg1_32.jpg (http://s150.photobucket.com/user/uffdaphil/media/image.jpg1_32.jpg.html)

Mite have to pick up a few

bzdog
19 June 2015, 12:32
Again, if you have problems with good quality standard mags, look at the ammunition, not the mags.

IMO these special mags are made to put a bandaid on ammunition that is not optimal.

I wouldn't be inclined to run those mags (normally), nor run ammunition that required those mags.

YMMV.

-john

UWone77
19 June 2015, 12:36
I've used just about every brand of mag out there with my 300, and have yet to experience an issue with the magazine feeding 300.

toolboxluis00200
19 June 2015, 13:19
Again, if you have problems with good quality standard mags, look at the ammunition, not the mags.

IMO these special mags are made to put a bandaid on ammunition that is not optimal.

I wouldn't be inclined to run those mags (normally), nor run ammunition that required those mags.

YMMV.

-john

Good point about the ammo ones I find the ammo that shoots very well out of that barrel I will make sure I find the proper mag so I won't have any issues

toolboxluis00200
19 June 2015, 13:20
I've used just about every brand of mag out there with my 300, and have yet to experience an issue with the magazine feeding 300.

Did you use different ammo all so or the same ammo on all the mags

UWone77
19 June 2015, 13:35
Did you use different ammo all so or the same ammo on all the mags

I think I posted before, I pretty much only shoot Remington and PNW ammo when it comes to 300.

toolboxluis00200
19 June 2015, 14:32
I think I posted before, I pretty much only shoot Remington and PNW ammo when it comes to 300.

I need to look up PNW

toolboxluis00200
19 June 2015, 19:50
Change of planes. [BD]

Ride4frnt
19 June 2015, 19:52
Change of planes. [BD]

I hate when the airline does that.

Ride4frnt
19 June 2015, 19:53
I will second PNW ammo. I bought one case of Remington UMC 115gr during the panic, and have bought two cases of PNW 147gr since then. The blackout doesn't get too much love, but that's what I shoot as well.

UWone77
19 June 2015, 19:53

OMFG... LOL!

toolboxluis00200
19 June 2015, 20:28

Lol

Mecha_Arms
20 June 2015, 11:25
I will second PNW ammo. I bought one case of Remington UMC 115gr during the panic, and have bought two cases of PNW 147gr since then. The blackout doesn't get too much love, but that's what I shoot as well.

I've had good experience with the PNW ammo as well. I think the only 300 BLK load of theirs I haven't used is the 220 gr. Good stuff. They also sell their ammo under the "Team Never Quit" brand name.

Sig has new 300 BLK ammo out, which I want to try out. A sub load and a supersonic load.

toolboxluis00200
23 June 2015, 09:38
I've had good experience with the PNW ammo as well. I think the only 300 BLK load of theirs I haven't used is the 220 gr. Good stuff. They also sell their ammo under the "Team Never Quit" brand name.

Sig has new 300 BLK ammo out, which I want to try out. A sub load and a supersonic load.

i look them up they are all ways out of stock :(

toolboxluis00200
23 June 2015, 09:39
ok this will be the mag i be using on my 300BKL upper
2 USGI and 1 Pmag Gen 1
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3779/19092225921_cc38640cc4_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/v67DAZ)16 upper (1 of 1)-2 (https://flic.kr/p/v67DAZ) by Luis f (https://www.flickr.com/photos/toolboxluis/), on Flickr

SINNER
23 June 2015, 10:14
The most consistent and accurate factory loaded Blackout's I have found are the offerings from Hornady. Their subs were all within 20 FPS and also use the fantastic 208 gr. A-MAX bullets.

And stop worrying about the mags, Luis. ANY 5.56 mags will work just fine. Lol

toolboxluis00200
23 June 2015, 10:23
The most consistent and accurate factory loaded Blackout's I have found are the offerings from Hornady. Their subs were all within 20 FPS and also use the fantastic 208 gr. A-MAX bullets.

And stop worrying about the mags, Luis. ANY 5.56 mags will work just fine. Lol

lol i know i know just remember 300BLK is new to me i now more about .22lr,9mm and 223/5.56 [:D]

toolboxluis00200
23 June 2015, 10:32
so now i need a new rail ?? i am looking at some 10inch rails and some .30cal muzzle breaks all so

Txfilmmaker
23 June 2015, 20:15
😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoilerUp
23 June 2015, 20:36

I have a Kaw Valley liner comp on my .300 BLK pistol that I like. Eventually I'll replace with a suppressor...

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-5tNd9qm/1/L/i-5tNd9qm-L.jpg

toolboxluis00200
24 June 2015, 09:24
I have a Kaw Valley liner comp on my .300 BLK pistol that I like. Eventually I'll replace with a suppressor...

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-5tNd9qm/1/L/i-5tNd9qm-L.jpg

Nice set up how you like yours

bzdog
24 June 2015, 16:27
I picked a MAMS for my next project, but it sounds like this is just as good and less expensive:

http://precisionarmament.com/product/efab-hybrid-muzzle-brake/

toolboxluis00200
24 June 2015, 16:33
I picked a MAMS for my next project, but it sounds like this is just as good and less expensive:

http://precisionarmament.com/product/efab-hybrid-muzzle-brake/

Thanks for the link I need to look that up on YouTube

toolboxluis00200
27 June 2015, 20:43
OK guys I have an issue the 300 barrel dose not fit on the small slot on the upper resiver I was doing a Mike up to show you guys the progress of the upper boom. That happen. I will post a pick soon so I can get an advice

toolboxluis00200
27 June 2015, 20:58
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/344/19196235726_413157dde4_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/vfiJ6u)16 upper (1 of 1)-12 (https://flic.kr/p/vfiJ6u) by Luis f (https://www.flickr.com/photos/toolboxluis/), on Flickr

UWone77
27 June 2015, 23:07
Hit it with a rubber mallet a couple of times.

Dstrbdmedic167
28 June 2015, 03:30
A little grease may help too. I put some 33mm aeroshell grease on every barrel extension once I install the barrel. Had one that did like this recently. Little grease and boom, in like Flynn.

Uffdaphil
28 June 2015, 05:49
I've done the Aeroshel/mallet bit and it easily popped in. Better too snug than loose. Be sure to hand tight a muzzle device first. Pounding on the crown just feels wrong.

GOST
28 June 2015, 06:11
Like UW said hitting it with a rubber mallet will work. But if you don't want to do that, your barrel extension is probably far enough in that tightening down a barrel nut will seat it the rest of the way down.

schambers
28 June 2015, 06:45
You can also try heating the metal of the receiver so it expands, and then insert the barrel. When it cools, you will have a very tight fit.

Whatever you do, I would not recommend hitting the crown directly. If you have to hit it, throw on a flash hider or something that will protect it.

toolboxluis00200
28 June 2015, 10:01
OK so bet it to death the trow it in fire. Ok got it lol[BD]

UWone77
28 June 2015, 10:21
OK so bet it to death the trow it in fire. Ok got it lol[BD]

Luis....... WTF are you saying?! [BD][crazy]

toolboxluis00200
28 June 2015, 10:31
Hit it with a rubber mallet a couple of times.

You can also try heating the metal of the receiver so it expands, and then insert the barrel. When it cools, you will have a very tight fit.

Whatever you do, I would not recommend hitting the crown hitting the crown directly. If you have to hit it, throw on a flash hider or something that will protect it.

Luis....... WTF are you saying?! [BD][crazy]

[BD][BD]
see you say hit it whit a mallet and the otehr guy say to hit it whit some heat

Mecha_Arms
28 June 2015, 11:36
Try the Aeroshell first. I usually have good luck with that.

SINNER
28 June 2015, 15:58
I second the mallet technique. I have a 3lb. deadblow hammer that almost never takes a second stroke. No way you can damage a crown with a rubber or plastic faced hammer.

toolboxluis00200
28 June 2015, 16:58
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/257/19061195560_9d43bb4181_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/v3nBmL)16 upper (1 of 1)-13 (https://flic.kr/p/v3nBmL) by Luis f (https://www.flickr.com/photos/toolboxluis/), on Flickr

toolboxluis00200
28 June 2015, 16:59
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3827/19248808615_fb9588921e_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/vjXbbB)16 upper (1 of 1)-16 (https://flic.kr/p/vjXbbB) by Luis f (https://www.flickr.com/photos/toolboxluis/), on Flickr

toolboxluis00200
13 July 2015, 17:31
Well a few more part's band the upper is done

toolboxluis00200
17 July 2015, 11:09
Well just got the parallax tactical rail and I will never buy any thing from them I order a 10.5 blem rail and they send me a 9.1 rail Instead wish they wood have contacted me and told me what was going on

Dstrbdmedic167
17 July 2015, 11:21
Well just got the parallax tactical rail and I will never buy any thing from them I order a 10.5 blem rail and they send me a 9.1 rail Instead wish they wood have contacted me and told me what was going on

Give them a call. I'm sure they'll get it straight. Mistakes do happen.

toolboxluis00200
17 July 2015, 11:38
Give them a call. I'm sure they'll get it straight. Mistakes do happen.

Well my issue is that itvwas hand written on the invoice to get one closes to 10 inch so they knew they did not have any in stock so they just send me one to make a sale

toolboxluis00200
17 July 2015, 12:09
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3727/19591851590_c6d8137d06.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/vRgmUE)upper 16 (1 of 1)-15 (https://flic.kr/p/vRgmUE) by Luis f (https://www.flickr.com/photos/toolboxluis/), on Flickr

toolboxluis00200
3 August 2015, 19:01
Well I want to apologize to you guys it will take some time before I finish the upper :( I fill kind of bad

UWone77
3 August 2015, 19:37
Well I want to apologize to you guys it will take some time before I finish the upper :( I fill kind of bad

So what's holding it up? Parts or your health?

toolboxluis00200
3 August 2015, 19:46
So what's holding it up? Parts or your health?

Health for know and I want to pay off my CC all so and I just got another medical bill today and I still need surgery for my kidney some time in the next few weeks then I need another surgery to tie up my mass in my in intestings so it dose. Not burst aging and I bleed to death so a lot of stuff is happening right now

Txfilmmaker
6 August 2015, 13:30
Health for know and I want to pay off my CC all so and I just got another medical bill today and I still need surgery for my kidney some time in the next few weeks then I need another surgery to tie up my mass in my in intestings so it dose. Not burst aging and I bleed to death so a lot of stuff is happening right now

Praying for you, buddy. You have a lot to deal with. :( BTW. If you can, you should try eating fermented foods. They will help your body and digestive system a lot. My cardiologist is a big fan. My wife makes kimchi, kombucha tea, and fermented veggies for us. You can make it or buy it. Homemade is better if you can swing it. Let me know if you need recipes. Also, Ginger is really good for you. I know some jokes are going follow that. :)

din
6 August 2015, 18:46
Praying for you, buddy. You have a lot to deal with. :( BTW. If you can, you should try eating fermented foods. They will help your body and digestive system a lot. My cardiologist is a big fan. My wife makes kimchi, kombucha tea, and fermented veggies for us. You can make it or buy it. Homemade is better if you can swing it. Let me know if you need recipes. Also, Ginger is really good for you. I know some jokes are going follow that. :)

I understand that fermented grains are also very popular.

Txfilmmaker
6 August 2015, 21:10
I understand that fermented grains are also very popular.

I will have check into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toolboxluis00200
3 October 2015, 13:20
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5714/21907802922_87f34685b9_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/znVdy3)upper 16 (1 of 1)-2 (https://flic.kr/p/znVdy3) by Luis f (https://www.flickr.com/photos/toolboxluis/), on Flickr