PDA

View Full Version : PayPal Scam

Jerry R
20 June 2015, 06:07
Received an email today - from "Account Service" subject "Your Account has been Limited"
Body of email looks like an authentic message from PayPal wanting you to log in to "reset" your account.
I forwarded it to spoof@paypal.com for verification, but the sender was actually "palepal @ outlook.com" I inserted spaces to keep from creating a link.
Looks like someone is phishing email servers.
I would suggest not opening, and certainly not clicking any link in the body of the email if you do open it.

Thompson
20 June 2015, 11:09
Thanks for the heads up Jerry.

Haven't gotten anything yet ... but I'll be on the look out now.

UWone77
21 June 2015, 09:05
I can see why phishing scams still persist. I'm sure a few people still fall for it. Afterall, we still get calls of people falling victim of the Nigerian email scam.

toolboxluis00200
21 June 2015, 09:19
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=384125.0

six8
21 June 2015, 14:10
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=384125.0
Lmao

toolboxluis00200
21 June 2015, 14:34
Lmao

If u can find the original post. It was the most amazing revenge vi have ever seen

Thompson
21 June 2015, 16:32
I can see why phishing scams still persist. I'm sure a few people still fall for it. Afterall, we still get calls of people falling victim of the Nigerian email scam.
... and said people expect you guys to somehow be able to do something about it? ...

Battle Cock
21 June 2015, 17:05
Received an email today - from "Account Service" subject "Your Account has been Limited"
Body of email looks like an authentic message from PayPal wanting you to log in to "reset" your account.
I forwarded it to spoof@paypal.com for verification, but the sender was actually "palepal @ outlook.com" I inserted spaces to keep from creating a link.
Looks like someone is phishing email servers.
I would suggest not opening, and certainly not clicking any link in the body of the email if you do open it.

I've seen these come through my inbox several times but I've learned to never take anything that comes though my personal email seriously.