PDA

View Full Version : Steel Ops T3R-X steel target review

Dave Timm
23 June 2015, 08:59
Hi everyone,

We recently received two T3R-X steel targets from Steel Ops out of Colorado. They reached out to us asking if we were interested in using steel targets for our training courses and doing a review. They also told us a little background about their products in particular the stake method they use to mount the targets. When I first heard this I was very skeptical as the steel we currently use has the traditional base and stands, I've never used anything different. They offered us a discount with no promise of a good or positive review, they did however ask for our feedback.

When the steel arrived it is obviously well made and simple. It was winter when we received our targets and the property was closed that we use for a range. But being in MN I was really interested if it would work in frozen ground. I went to the yard and gave it a try and sure enough it worked, all be it a little harder to drive through the frozen ground.

Bottom line is these are very nice, simple to use steel targets. What I really like from an instructors perspective is the lack of stands or bases to haul around. Transporting is minimal and easy and set up is very simple.

For more information, specs and pricing options check out their webpage
http://www.steelops.com

The video review that goes over the product, set up, use, pricing and accessories

https://www.full30.com/video/1f6bdf62024fbd9facef9d50e5305dd8

Thanks for watching!
-Dave

SINNER
23 June 2015, 10:20
I wish I had seen this a few weeks ago. I decided to buy some new steels mainly because I'm lazy and didn't feel like humping sheets of steel to cut more targets. 2 1/2 weeks later and my order from the Target Man has still not shipped. How in the hell you can list blemished targets for sale then not have stock is beyond me. These look very nice for sure.

Jerry R
25 June 2015, 06:49
Nice video review Dave - thanks !

Dave Timm
27 November 2015, 23:45
fixed - thx