PDA

View Full Version : Noveske/ Magpul Limited Edition MPL MOE Carbine

Stickman
8 January 2009, 17:32
If you check the new weapons release section, you will see that Noveske & Magpul have released their latest Limited Edition carbine based off the Magpul MOE parts.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Noveske/0O2P1048-A-1028-Stick.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Noveske/0O2P1063-A-1028-Stick.jpg

Ryo
8 January 2009, 20:30
Thank you thank you thank you. I owe you. Been wanting to get one.. and in 14.5" length as well!

I like the other style with the rail, but this is definitely a good one too. The lower is really what I'm after the most!

wildcrafter
8 January 2009, 20:37
Still 25 left as of this moment, but even if I could find a way to get one I couldn't own any of the mags. It seems like a sure bet that they sell out tomorrow like that first run of flat tops did.

Ryo
8 January 2009, 21:01
10 left!!

Stickman
8 January 2009, 21:10
Within a few minutes its gone from 11, to 3, to 1.....

Stickman
8 January 2009, 21:11
... and now they are gone.

Guilty
8 January 2009, 21:27
I really like that the Noveske/Magpul MPL MOE Carbine rifle has completely different Magpul and Noveske components than the run of the 50 Noveske/Magpul MPL Light Reese rifles. The addition of the Four MAGPUL P-MAG's, V-TAC padded black sling and Eagle LE Discreet Soft Case make it a complete KISS package.

FromMyColdDeadHand
9 January 2009, 00:05
That is the same case as the MPL Reece rifle, right? Is there a hard side case for airline travel that will work with these cases. Kind of like the one Costa shows in the MagpulDynamics video?

Great rifle, but if I'm going to put the money out for a Magpul lower and Noveske barrel, I'm happier with my Reece model.

Ryo
9 January 2009, 00:19
Stickman.. You were watching the count down too? Thought it was only me. It was fascinating to watch the jump of 8 sold within seconds.

Ryo
9 January 2009, 00:21
Within a few minutes its gone from 11, to 3, to 1.....

That is the same case as the MPL Reece rifle, right? Is there a hard side case for airline travel that will work with these cases. Kind of like the one Costa shows in the MagpulDynamics video?

Great rifle, but if I'm going to put the money out for a Magpul lower and Noveske barrel, I'm happier with my Reece model.

You realize that Magpul isn't going to make any more lowers. Only way to get them is complete rifles.

NoBody
9 January 2009, 03:38
I'm glad I took Stick's advice and ordered when I did. If I had waited to talk to Sheri then I would have been SOL!

Ryo
9 January 2009, 03:44
Stickman is a good guy. Glad he helped someone else get one too. I bought one without my wife's permission as well.. I knew they would go too fast. Worst case is I sell one of my other rifles to keep this one.

Army Chief
9 January 2009, 12:05
I'll second that.

I was able to get in on this, partly because I just happened to be up at 0530 Germany time (when there were 20 left), but mostly because this was/is one of my first stops in the morning, and Stick's post was the only reason that I knew anything about the MOE Noveske. A debt of gratitude is certainly in order.

AC

FromMyColdDeadHand
9 January 2009, 15:26
You realize that Magpul isn't going to make any more lowers. Only way to get them is complete rifles.

Sorry, I wasn't totally clear. I got one of the first batch of MPL rifles, which I just call MPL rifles, but I guess they should be called MPL Reece rifles?

Stick does have a great site, and the best pictures by far.

Ryo
9 January 2009, 17:15
Oh I get it now.. you got one of the firsts one which I'm drooling on still.. Love the rail system on that one.

Noveske is pretty smart on their builds.. though I wished they used a UBR on the MPLMOE build. Well got a spare sitting on the shelf and a few more coming in so that's not a issue. I'm thinking that Noveske used the MOE is for the lighter front weight while the MPLR looks like it's more front heavy, hence the need the heavier UBR.

Am I evaluating this correctly?

Army Chief
9 January 2009, 23:21
I think you're in the ball park, yes.

Weight and balance is a subjective thing, of course, but even in carbine applications, it remains a relevant consideration. While the objective of weight reduction will always appeal to those who actually carry such tools into harm's way, some applications call for multiple rail-mounted accessories, and that definitely tips the balance point well forward. A "heavier" stock like the UBR (or to some degree, the SOPMOD) does serve as an effective counterweight in these situations, which in turn improves the overall handling characteristics of the weapon.

On the other hand, if you're just running a VFG and a basic light out front, lighter will always be better, and a more minimalist design like the OEM stock (or in this case, the CTR/MOE) will balance things out nicely.

AC

Ryo
10 January 2009, 08:44
I was wondering.. the blackout that's being sent with this rifle, is it the type that can have a M4-2000 suppressor attached to it? From the picture it looks like it.

Army Chief
10 January 2009, 08:53
Ryo,

A Blackout is a Blackout is a Blackout. Will it accept an AAC M4-2000? Absolutely! That is what it was designed to do in the first place. I suspect that more than a few of these MOE carbines are going to end up suppressed ... including mine.

AC

Stickman
10 January 2009, 09:01
I was wondering.. the blackout that's being sent with this rifle, is it the type that can have a M4-2000 suppressor attached to it? From the picture it looks like it.

All of the below are "blackout" flash suppressors, with the exception of the one that is laying down. The "blackout" is the name for the style of FS, and there are a few different mount variants, to include non-can FS, M4-1000, M4-2000 (which is on your new carbine), and the extended is the M4/ SPR mount.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/AAC/IMG_4193%201-28%20Stick.jpg

Ryo
10 January 2009, 09:06
As Stickman shows.. not all blackouts are created equal. I know there were blackout without the threads for the M4-2000, hence the question. But wow.. I didn't know there were that many variation. Thanks.

Army Chief
10 January 2009, 09:15
As Stickman shows.. not all blackouts are created equal. I know there were blackout without the threads for the M4-2000, hence the question. But wow.. I didn't know there were that many variation. Thanks.

I'm tracking ... my point was that Blackouts are designed to work in conjunction with AAC supressors in various configuations, and the one that you were asking about is indeed the correct version for the specific can that you were asking about (M4-2000).

In re-reading my initial post, I was admittedly less than clear on that point -- sorry about that.

AC

Tueben
11 January 2009, 21:47
hi,
I'm new, I just wanted to thank this site for helping me get my new MPL. My computers at work block all weapon/gun sites except this one. I was able to read about the release here, then pay via my phone through Noveske.-[:)]

Ryo
26 January 2009, 03:08
Just wondering.. what type of BCG does Noveske used in this build? I know the upper itself was a CMMG based on the markings.

Stickman
26 January 2009, 06:01
Just wondering.. what type of BCG does Noveske used in this build? I know the upper itself was a CMMG based on the markings.

There is a problem with the simple question of "who made it". The reason is that the same companies that build items, build them in varying degrees. For example, a manufacturer may build one for company A that is a basic BCG. For company B, they build one, and test fire it, which costs a little more. For company C, its proof fired, and MPI checked. Each of these BCGs come out of the same place, but are held to very different standards.

This is why you need to watch out for companies/ businesses that play around with suggestive comments like its made by a certain GOV contractor, or its made by the same people who make them for the GOV. Those claims may or may not be true, but either way, its often misleading as the parts aren't held to the same standard.

In the case of Noveske Rifleworks, John keeps his BCG held to the right standards, which means they could be made by a Girl Scout troop, and I would still run them without concern.

Hopefully that makes sense. On a side note, what CMMG markings?

Omega_556
26 January 2009, 09:15
On a side note, what CMMG markings?

I believe he is referring to the foundry / forge marking.

These uppers might be forged in the same foundry but I can assure you from personal experience with both companies John is not using CMMG uppers...

Army Chief
26 January 2009, 11:04
Believe it or not, I heard on the Internet that John Noveske has a Girl Scout troop making his BCGs. ;)

AC

In truth, the point about a single vendor producing otherwise similar components to entirely different sets of standards is well taken. Often, the difference between a hobby-grade part and a battle-ready part doesn't lie with the finished product nearly so much as with the level of QC and non-destructive testing involved in making sure that it meets a defined standard. That, of course, takes time -- and time costs money.

Ryo
26 January 2009, 11:39
What I was referring to was a keyhole symbol. I sold a CMMG (well was told it was a CMMG) upper with this symbol. I had hunted around to determine if I had really received a CMMG and found a link for this marking.. always thought it was the mark of CMMG. Based on my research.. Omega_556 is right.. it's a forge mark..

Keyhole = Cerro Forge

This is what I'm talking about, a keyhole symbol..
(Had to find a picture online since I'm not home to take a picture of it.)
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn136/sourpatchxd45/upper1.jpg

Here's the link (http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ar-talk/89107-weird-marking-my-ar-15-upper-reciver-need-help.html) where I found this interesting info..

Learn something new every day.

As for the BCG, I'm sure Noveske uses the best.. but just wondering which one they are using.

I noticed the bolt is labeled as CM and MP. I know MP, but what's CM? I have another bolt labeled CM, but no MP.

HaveBlue
26 January 2009, 19:09
Both my Rock River and LWRCi uppers have that mark.

airborne all the way !!!
26 January 2009, 21:01
How much are they selling for ??

jeffy
26 January 2009, 21:44
All of the below are "blackout" flash suppressors, with the exception of the one that is laying down. The "blackout" is the name for the style of FS, and there are a few different mount variants, to include non-can FS, M4-1000, M4-2000 (which is on your new carbine), and the extended is the M4/ SPR mount.

Stick, how much length does the extended add? I'm assuming it's similar to the SF556 where acts like a sleeve and threads on much deeper?

Army Chief
26 January 2009, 21:58
This arrangment does indeed act as a sleeve, reducing an almost 9" suppressor (the SPR/M4 is a bit over 8.6") to just under 5" of added length (4.9", according to AAC).

AC

Ryo
26 January 2009, 22:59
How much are they selling for ??

You missed the boat on this one.. They were going for approx $2k.. but on GB, just the lower is going for more than $1.5k [crazy]

Army Chief
27 January 2009, 01:31
Ryo summed things up pretty well. The slightly longer version of the story is that Noveske rifles are all-but-unobtainable right now, with an extensive wait list; further, the Magpul lowers that these limited edition rifles were built on are completely unobtainable outside of these short-run collbatorations with Noveske.

In simpler terms, if you want a Noveske, prepare for a long wait. If you want a Mapgul lower, prepare to part with considerable treasure, as some speculative buyers have chosen to part-out their Noveske-Magpul rifles, and as Ryo stated earlier, the lowers alone are approaching the $2k mark in some cases. Not a cost-effective solution, to say the least.

The only loophole lies in these very short-run, very unpredictable, and very high demand Noveske/Magpul limited edition rifles which are something of a Holy Grail in modern AR-dom. There have been two previous runs (the MOE is the second of these): neither were announced in advance, and both sold out in a matter of hours.

There are rumors of another collaboration in the works, but as before, this will appear -- and disappear -- quite suddenly, so it is a case where luck, timing and having cash on hand are all essential to success.

AC

Ryo
27 January 2009, 07:34
I think the first one release (MPL Light Reece) took a day.. 2nd release (MPL MOE) took 5 hours to sell out.

lmmmmm
16 February 2009, 15:17
Does the MPL lower only support 5.56 platform?

Stickman
16 February 2009, 16:29
Does the MPL lower only support 5.56 platform?

No, the lower can be used for 5.56, 6.5, 6.8, 9mm, .40cal, .45 cal, .22 caliber, and others. Any caliber that can be used with a standard AR15 lower will work with the MPL lower as well.

Army Chief
16 February 2009, 22:10
I do see a 6.8mm Afghan upper in my future, though admittedly this is first and foremost a 5.56mm carbine in my applications. Truth be told, this particular MPLA is going to be sitting under an Afghan 5.56mm Switchblock upper before too long, anyway. :)

AC