PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Keymod, M-lock, Quadrail or other?

WHSmithIV
1 July 2015, 21:29
So, what are your thoughts?

GOST
1 July 2015, 21:39
I voted M-LOK, I think the M-LOK QD attachments from Kinetic Development Group will be a game changer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x27g4TNuvnM

UWone77
1 July 2015, 21:41
MLOK will outlast KeyMod.

I still love and prefer Quads

Dstrbdmedic167
1 July 2015, 21:42
M-LOK! I only have one but at some point ill be converting over...

GOST
1 July 2015, 21:48
A lot of the companies will probably push M-LOK since it takes less time to machine.

WHSmithIV
1 July 2015, 21:55
I like quads and railed handguards where I can simply screw on 1 - 4 rail sections where I want them. M-Lock is interesting, but, well, there's more parts in the system. That snap system requires springs and moving parts. My general rule of thumb is that the fewer parts there are, the fewer there are that can break.

Dstrbdmedic167
1 July 2015, 21:59
I like quads and railed handguards where I can simply screw on 1 - 4 rail sections where I want them. M-Lock is interesting, but, well, there's more parts in the system. That snap system requires springs and moving parts. My general rule of thumb is that the fewer parts there are, the fewer there are that can break.

I agree with this way of thinking in most cases but that isn't the case with most parts with the M-lok or keymod system for that matter... and truthfully.. how many of us really USE a rifle near any capacity that will matter? I won't and I know I never will... There a small handful of people here that would/could/will

GOST
1 July 2015, 22:01
All the systems require moving parts to attach whether it's springs or screws. The stuff from KDG isn't widely proven yet, but is very interesting.

GOST
1 July 2015, 22:11
It will be interesting to see if BCM will ever produce a M-LOK KMR.

cjd3
2 July 2015, 00:37
I really like a clean top forend. Add what you need, where and when. I just like the M-Lok design better.

velocity2006
2 July 2015, 08:12
Get them all. There are some companies that make some really good stuff for Keymod, but it does seem like M-Lok is becoming more and more popular with more companies supporting it. My favorite rail is still the DD Omega 12.0 FSP lite, thing is built like a tank and very slim for a quad.

Naytwan
2 July 2015, 09:37
I voted M-LOK, I think the M-LOK QD attachments from Kinetic Development Group will be a game changer.

Agreed

voodoo_man
2 July 2015, 09:46
mlok

because magpul

because cheaper

because nothing newer is out yet.

Jerry R
2 July 2015, 10:08
I voted KeyMod only because it is the latest acquisition I made, and I like the ergonomics over the quads. Everything else I have is quad rail. The M-Lock is interesting, and I would like to try one - maybe next build.

JGifford
2 July 2015, 14:59
Mlok. Its a better way to skin the cat than keymod.

toolboxluis00200
2 July 2015, 16:30
i went Quads why ther is so much stuff out ther right now
but i have all 3 rails [BD]

Mecha_Arms
2 July 2015, 16:38
I thought about voting Keymod, just to be contrarian, but went with railed.

I think keymod is ok (I've run into a few problems, which has dampened my enthusiasm for it, but for the most part it's been ok), and have been meaning to get an M-Lok rail, just haven't gotten around to it.

UWone77
2 July 2015, 18:54
So, what are your thoughts?

C'mon Will... are you actually going to buy a rail? [BD]

din
2 July 2015, 23:32
it will be a cold day in hell before I buy another magpul product.

JGifford
3 July 2015, 00:38

Just curious why? I've had problems from their products before, but they always handled it with VIP style service.

WHSmithIV
3 July 2015, 14:36
C'mon Will... are you actually going to buy a rail? [BD]

Actually, I am, not for a while yet though. I'll machine an 80% lower first. I've been working up designs for a .300 blackout and a .308 AR 10. I'll probably do the .300 first. Currently digging out of the financial crunch that this year has caused.

Just as a note: Keymod and subsequently M-Lock are both systems that were designed for warehouse shelving. The gun industry picked up on the usefulness of the locking designs for rifle handguards.

WHSmithIV
3 July 2015, 14:41

I'm curious too. Why? I have a fair amount of Magpul stuff. STR Stock, rifle handguard, pistol grips and 5 P-mags. I do have other mags too and I do like my hexmags. Someone sent me a trigger guard that didn't have the set screw for it. UWone suggested I send Magpul an e-mail, so I did. I e-mailed Magpul and they simply just sent me one. Their customer service is certainly way up there.

Slippers
3 July 2015, 17:46
Just as a note: Keymod and subsequently M-Lock are both systems that were designed for warehouse shelving. The gun industry picked up on the usefulness of the locking designs for rifle handguards.

While keymod may have the same external shape, the way the nuts interface with the slots, along with the reasoning behind this design choice, is completely different. The chamfered slots and nut center the accessory, plus push the recoil lug against the rear of the slot.

Warehouse shelving is only meant to bear a load in one direction, unlike keymod.

UWone77
3 July 2015, 18:54
I'm curious too. Why? I have a fair amount of Magpul stuff. STR Stock, rifle handguard, pistol grips and 5 P-mags. I do have other mags too and I do like my hexmags. Someone sent me a trigger guard that didn't have the set screw for it. UWone suggested I send Magpul an e-mail, so I did. I e-mailed Magpul and they simply just sent me one. Their customer service is certainly way up there.

Will,

I see where you're coming from on the appearance of KeyMod to the Keymods you see on shelving, you have no actual idea what you're talking about.

Sodbuster
4 July 2015, 08:50
M-lok.

Cwgibson
9 July 2015, 15:37

Their rail certainly looks interesting.

http://mediatrackers.org/wisconsin/2015/07/02/sen-baldwin-1st-amendment-doesnt-apply-individuals