PDA

View Full Version : Discovered Something!!

alamo5000
6 July 2015, 21:20
On my rifle I had my old gas block on there (a Rainier low profile) and an SLR Rifleworks M Lok hand guard. When I tried to add on a M-Lok AFG with those components it would not work. The T-nuts of the Magpul AFG would hit the gas block and could not turn to lock in place. The fit was more than 'extremely tight', it just flat out would not work.

Long story short I bought an SLR adjustable gas block because my suppressor will be here eventually. Tonight I was looking though some boxes and I saw the AFG sitting there so I figured I would try it with the new gas block to see if there was any difference. You know what? BAM! It worked like a charm! Now my AFG fits and will work in any position I want it in on my rifle. Now I can actually try it out and see if I like it. I don't think I've ever shot with it on there. It's been sitting in a box since Christmas.

I got the old gas block out and held it up next to the Rainier gas block. How the folks at SLR solved the clearance problem (IE lack of clearance) for M Lok accessories was to make their gas blocks shorter in overall length. I just measured with some calipers and the SLR block is way shorter length wise.

I posted this up in case someone else happens to run into the same problems with M-Lok accessories. I still have to kind of work with it some to get it on, but once in place there is enough space for it to sit there without binding on the gas block.

GOST
7 July 2015, 02:17
Thanks, good to know. I also am planning to use a SLR Sentry 7 and M-LOK on my current project.

alamo5000
7 July 2015, 07:43
Thanks, good to know. I also am planning to use a SLR Sentry 7 and M-LOK on my current project.

That's the one I am using. Good stuff for sure. The issue of slim rails and m lok I don't think is limited to SLR... This is a very good work around.

WHSmithIV
7 July 2015, 08:01
i think you'll like the AFG. I do like mine. I did have to change it's position after shooting the first time with it to find the most comfortable place for it - I had originally put it too far back for my long arms.

Pyzik
7 July 2015, 11:50
I need to figure something out with my carbine. Can't put anything under my gas block. Not even the NSR panels.

toolboxluis00200
7 July 2015, 12:10
Good to know thanks for the info

velocity2006
7 July 2015, 12:48
I need to figure something out with my carbine. Can't put anything under my gas block. Not even the NSR panels.

Should check out the Seekins K20 if your running a KMR, really digging mine so far.

voodoo_man
7 July 2015, 14:15
Im gana end up havin to buy an slr gas block. The one I have from DD is too fat. Hits the rail.

Wish SLR said you probably need one their blocks.

alamo5000
7 July 2015, 14:41
Im gana end up havin to buy an slr gas block. The one I have from DD is too fat. Hits the rail.

Wish SLR said you probably need one their blocks.

What kind of rail are you running? I've heard of other manufacturers having similar problems. If they make slim rails it tends to come up when using m lok.

voodoo_man
7 July 2015, 15:18
What kind of rail are you running? I've heard of other manufacturers having similar problems. If they make slim rails it tends to come up when using m lok.

Slr ultralight 9.25 mlok

alamo5000
7 July 2015, 18:27

What are you running on your rifle? Which rail and which block?

cjd3
8 July 2015, 18:11
I have to take the MLok bipod stud off my ALG hand guard if I have to remove it. The only problem with my Seekins adjustable gas block is its a hassle to adjust it from the back (SLR here I come).

alamo5000
8 July 2015, 18:24
I have to take the MLok bipod stud off my ALG hand guard if I have to remove it. The only problem with my Seekins adjustable gas block is its a hassle to adjust it from the back (SLR here I come).

Yeah, I wouldn't be having one that adjusts from the back.

When I did the T&E on the ambi side charger upper it had an adjustable gas block on it... Playing with that gave me a pretty good feel for what I wanted and honestly I didn't have to look very far. I just have a thing for premium parts. So far I have NOTHING but good to say about anything SLR I have ever seen, handled, touched, or used.